Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
How very pretty!
I would add that if he or anyone in the RYA wish to contribute in any way to the disscusions on this site, in future he should do so himself, instead of finding a suitable, soft, glove puppet to do it for him like some Wizzard of Ozz character..
He usually uses Matt for that. Has Matt fallen out of favour? Does JP not like Matt anymore?

I have personally prodded Cooookieee with a stick, and he was not soft. Sort of boney and hard.

I also think it fair to mention that JF has on more than one occasion provided his boat and time to support UK racing. ( he was the start boat in Cowes in 2006! ) He is also assisting in TWO more events in 2007, providing his time and boat so he is hardly a 'non-supporter'...

As someone who has seen both sides of the story, I do actually think that 2008 will be the start of the turnaround for the sport!

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #22
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightracingteam View Post
Jon

I notice that One of the comments was about Hotboats
Denise
No, there was no comment about hotboats. I said, "OCRDA & Hotboats, good for you"

That was in respect to my refusal to use my website, to display a group of Maltesers tearing round a bay in a bunch of splashes. Paul Howes only agenda for posting that thread was to get said pictures on my site, knowing how I feel about it. He's a dick.

Bob & Yourself said "We'll post pics of the event" in a kind of "we're not biased" way, I said "Good for you".

As for where we go with racing, a good question! I have more opinions on where we don't go, than where we do.

I believe Hotboats failed partly because your rules were flawed, not the only reason I'm sure, but if I were seriously thinking of racing some sort of national series again, they would have stopped me even looking at hotboats. I voiced my opinion on the rules at the time, and Lord Manchester said that I knew jack shit, or words to that effect, so I won't be going over them again.

As i stated above, my very first port of call for a reform, would be that no official can race, or be attached to a team in any way. It stinks like it is. Puddifoot has replaced Drudge as a person who'll make sure his nest is feathered nicely, it's human nature if you put someone in that position, they'll use it to their advantage.

In a conversation I had today, I was told he (JP) entered rib racing, and within no time at all, he was getting the rules changed to allow his existing boat/motor to race! It was said to be the thin end of the wedge, and as we know, RIB racing is now exstinct. This type of thing has been going on for years, and does little to instill respect for those who officiate our sport. Just to prove things don't change, he did it again with the Round Britain rules to ensure his Scorpion (and those of Deacon & Strickland) were at the top of the pecking order in RB3 (I have the emails between them showing this)
If officials weren't allowed to race (or be connected with teams) the problem wouldn't arrise. Not rocket science really, is it.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by verytricky View Post
As someone who has seen both sides of the story, I do actually think that 2008 will be the start of the turnaround for the sport!

I hope so.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 27-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #24
numbskull

Quote:
I have personally prodded Cooookieee with a stick, and he was not soft. Sort of boney and hard.

I'm sure you meant to type boney but limp.....like a biscuit that's been left out of the tin/packet!

Old 27-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #25
Large member

Quote:
I'm sure you meant to type boney but limp.....like a biscuit that's been left out of the tin/packet!
No, I poked him in his chest.
Old 27-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #26

I'm not sure what you problem is with me Marc, please could you explain why you've decided I should become your new target?

Quote:
He usually uses Matt for that. Has Matt fallen out of favour? Does JP not like Matt anymore?
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #27
numbskull

Yes, I don't think for one second Matt has colluded with, or is a glove puppet for, John Puddifoot. Not really called for I reckon.

Matt sometimes fights the corner for ORDA, as he is involved, allbeit on the fringes, but Puddifoot! I think not. (please tell me i'm right Matt)

Old 27-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #28
Large member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm not sure what you problem is with me Marc, please could you explain why you've decided I should become your new target?
You have already whined about me picking on you, so you cant do it again..

You posted on behalf of John Puddifoot's a response to the Guernsey V24's not reaching their required minimum number. This is the second time I have ever seen JP being posted on behalf of, apart from this time with Cookieee, and it was you last time, so I wondered why JP did not ask you again.

As for why I was pissed with you - it was because you edited and deleted a whole section of my posts regarding ORDA banning me from racing. Comes back nicely to what JF is saying,: Race officials should not race. :- By extension, the mouthpiece for a race club should not moderate an argument about the club they represent! Simple really - it is because you tend to bend the rules to suit your argument, to the detriment of fair play!

See - you have been touched by the puddifoot stick, and shall forever carry that mark. Just as Cookieeieie is now forever tainted by his association, you too must carry that burden.
Old 27-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #29
numbskull

Quote:
No, I poked him in his chest.

You can't have!

Actually, I retract that, i'm not being fair on young (ha ha) Cookster, he's a good bloke.

Old 27-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #30

Judge for yourself. I put 1 post up, verbatim, informing competitors the V24 series was running in Guernsey:
http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8745

And I also moderated, deleted & locked a couple of Marcs posts prior to the Guernsey event - but also as promised unlocked the thread post event.

I strongly disagree with Marc's approach to Guernsey. Irrespective of whether he is right or wrong (Both sides having very different stories!!), I could not sit by and let him try and screw the event up for everyone else, which I judged he was doing.

If Marc felt he was unfairly excluded from the event, there is a process by which to appeal against it. Is the appeal ongoing? What was the outcome?

I spent a significant amount of time on the phone with Marc, Brian, Dave & Shirley to try and reach an amicable solution which would have allowed Marc to race at Guernsey. I believe myself and Marc had agreed what I felt was a reasonable solution, and I specifically asked him to keep me posted, as I also did Dave, Brian & Shirley.

Unfortunately (because I believe I could have resolved the issue), the GPA did not call me, but perhaps more correctly they passed the issue on to the RYA.

Ho hum.
Old 27-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #31

I am a member of orda. I hold no official capacity on the club, although I do provide technical assistance on the website, which I hope to continue to do so since I like "doing my bit" to support the sport.

All the content on the orda site is provided to me by the committee. Since I am not a comittee member, I cannot speak "for" the club, although I do provide a means for the committee to communicate with the membership.

Besides, I thought your argument was with the GPA?

Quote:
As for why I was pissed with you - it was because you edited and deleted a whole section of my posts regarding ORDA banning me from racing. Comes back nicely to what JF is saying,: Race officials should not race. :- By extension, the mouthpiece for a race club should not moderate an argument about the club they represent! Simple really - it is because you tend to bend the rules to suit your argument, to the detriment of fair play!

See - you have been touched by the puddifoot stick, and shall forever carry that mark. Just as Cookieeieie is now forever tainted by his association, you too must carry that burden.
Old 27-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #32
Large member

Quote:
Besides, I thought your argument was with the GPA?
Now that will open a can of worms...

There is no process to appeal. The PB1 book stated that clubs could exclude people from their events. This rule is wrong, and has been removed from the rulebook. However, it was in place when this was going on. My only option is to take the RYA to the court for sport, and I have seen the cost of doing so. It is fairly clear cut I would win the case, as there is president, but I dont have that kind of money to throw away.

In my honest opinion you should grow a thicker skin. If we are going to take the piss out of cooooookee for his post for JP we have to be able to do the same about you and your post on his behalf.

As for moderating a thread about your club, my opinion is that you were wrong to have done so, and should have deferred to another moderator, as you were representing - through postings - two sides of the three sided story. You went down in my estimation at that point, and not being able to take a joke about being JP sock puppet does not help your case - again - in my opinion....

Finally - if you were moderating correctly you would have split off this crap, and placed it in its own section under talking bollocks, as it has no place in this thread, which is specifically for bashing JP, GM and the malteese boats.
Old 27-09-2007, 08:00 PM   #33
numbskull

Quote:
it has no place in this thread, which is specifically for bashing JP, GM and the malteese boats.

And Cookie!

Old 27-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #34

Since you're asking, I joined orda because I raced with Adam who was chairman at the time. I continue to remain a member since I think they best support the 3C class and put some pretty good events together to boot. I also consider a number of the members to be friends, and think that as a club they put a lot of effort in to the sport (Shirley Simpkins in particular works exceptionaly hard and gets fkk all credit publicly).

Irrespective of my membership of the club, I still think Marc was way out of order with the way he elected to publicise his exclusion from guernsey, and I would still have edited hist posts even if I wasn't a member.

Who is Puddifoot exactly?

Quote:
Matt sometimes fights the corner for ORDA, as he is involved, allbeit on the fringes, but Puddifoot! I think not. (please tell me i'm right Matt)
Old 27-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #35

I don't believe you meant the post as a joke. Since it's a statement you have previously made I firmly think it is what you believe.

Thank you for your opinion, but it's not for you to decide what I do or don't do. As I maintained at the time, I am not judging the rightness or wrongness of your exclusion, and I'm sure you recall I sympathised with you. Nevertheless I remain absolutely convinced that the manner of you publicising it was specifically to try and disrupt the event for the other competitors was wrong. I kept my word that once the event was over I repopened the thread.

It saddens me that someone else asking (I guess Geoff?) was sufficient to stop you posting on the subject, but that you didn't have enough respect for me to do the same, when I had previously tried very hard to maintain a balanced view and listen to all sides of the story, in particular yours. I did everything in my power to help you get reinstated, so was slightly surprised when you started rounding on me.

I see in closing you are yet again you are trying to tell me what you think I should be doing. If I was moderating correctly, I would probably ban you.

Quote:
Now that will open a can of worms...

There is no process to appeal. The PB1 book stated that clubs could exclude people from their events. This rule is wrong, and has been removed from the rulebook. However, it was in place when this was going on. My only option is to take the RYA to the court for sport, and I have seen the cost of doing so. It is fairly clear cut I would win the case, as there is president, but I dont have that kind of money to throw away.

In my honest opinion you should grow a thicker skin. If we are going to take the piss out of cooooookee for his post for JP we have to be able to do the same about you and your post on his behalf.

As for moderating a thread about your club, my opinion is that you were wrong to have done so, and should have deferred to another moderator, as you were representing - through postings - two sides of the three sided story. You went down in my estimation at that point, and not being able to take a joke about being JP sock puppet does not help your case - again - in my opinion....

Finally - if you were moderating correctly you would have split off this crap, and placed it in its own section under talking bollocks, as it has no place in this thread, which is specifically for bashing JP, GM and the malteese boats.
Old 27-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #36

Cruising area: southwest

Back to the Fred

Why are eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beachaven1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	13951  
southwesthotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #37
Large member

Quote:
If I was moderating correctly, I would probably ban you.
So much to learn, I doubt you have the time.....
Old 27-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #38

Quote:
So much to learn, I doubt you have the time.....
Old 28-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #39

And I thought boating was fun

Temporarily Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #40
The Doc

more fool you richard!

Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote