Boatmad.com

Old 14-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
And i guess your engine was homologated ?
Harry was looking after the motor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harry.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	37414  

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #22

Interests: POWER BOAT RACING
Boat name: BIG AIR
Boat make: PHANTOM 19
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: BRISTOL CHANNEL

Conversation Required

Quote:
All 6/7 3B boats comply with UIM rules and want to run under them ...
I was not wishing to belittle efforts to run in 3B and the wish to comply with the rules,it sounds like a conversation with whoever made the decision is required especially if teams have commited to building boats.I can understand the 3C not running as the requirement of canopies makes that un viable but if the interest is there for 3b then why not run it. If all the BCC class's run together it could still run within the BCC races. Cheers Nic

NIC SURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #23

Quote:
And i guess your engine was homologated ?
Silly question! Of course it was.

A Yamaha 90.

We learned in the mid '80's a standard Yam 90 was only going to push a light mono (Phantom 16' etc) maximum speed 59 mph.

We aso learned at the same time, a well built 3B catamaran would be quck against the wind, but very slow without.

At the same time Argo were building their cats in Finland, running motors high, light weight hulls, different prop choices.

Story was you could go to the Lake and run quick and set a time in an Argo, fairly difficult to race against a mono in the rough of Poole Bay.
Old 14-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #24

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

So who's idea to drop 3b was it?
Seriously I think now we should shut up shop and start again because i dont know who is calling the shots anymore but they have to go.

there really is nothing left now.
Old 15-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #25
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Seriously I think now we should shut up shop and start again because i dont know who is calling the shots anymore but they have to go.

I'm guessing it will be the organising clubs, I don't think the RYA can take the blame for this one!

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #26

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

I find that even harder to understand but if that is the case then is a strange one as i have been told of possible 7 boats for 3b? which would be the largest of all fleets?

I hope this is not the case though, even though i have never done offshore i do see the inportance of having a national class like this. if it goes the ome grown talent will have no one to test against for international competition.
BCC is a great idea but it really is just another name for what was basic racing. Like F1,2,3 that the RMYC used to have.

good luck to all racing this year anyway.
Paul
Old 15-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I'm guessing it will be the organising clubs, I don't think the RYA can take the blame for this one!
JP...
Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #28

Interests: Many and Varied!
Boat name: Starseed
Boat make: Colvic Suncruiser 35 Flybridge
Engines: 2x Thorneycroft 225 turbo diesel
Cruising area: South Coast

Isn't it the ORC, working on information from the Clubs (and drivers), that decides the Classes? I thought that with at least 3 boats you can run a National Championship. If a Class already exists, and has enough people signed up to race, it would seem illogical to abolish that Class.
Old 15-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #29
Ringle@der

Interests: Water Ski Racing.
Boat name: Both called ‘Irresistible’.
Boat make: Bernico F1 Twin, Monterey 265SC.
Engines: 2 x Mercury 300XS's, Yanmar 315.
Cruising area: South and east coasts. Eastbourne Marina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIC SURRY View Post
Is the 2013 race event calender available yet?
As a local, you might be interested in the National ski race in Weston on the weekend of June 15/16.

It's the last of the Worlds team selection races so should be a reasonable turnout.

Irresistible Water Ski Racing Team
gar163y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Unfortunately the clubs appear to have very little input in anything that occurs at the RYA anymore as decisions are made without consultation or involvement. The ORC, like most of the RYA Powerboat committees' is a clique and a sham and is only there in name to give the semblance that it is a democracy, which it definitely isn't.

My understanding is that the clubs still apply for race status. The RYA being the national authority "bestows" the title "National" race on an event and if they decide not to have a championship in a particular class then it doesn't matter how many races the clubs attempt to organise.

There used to be rules about the minimum number of boats that are needed to constitute a National Championship but I am not sure that they ever catered for a National Authority who did not want to run a championship even though the minimum number of boats may exist.
PKJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #31

3B National Racing for 2013

Certainly somewhere along the line there has been confusion with regards to National 3B Racing in 2013; we have sought and have been given assurance from the National Authority that 3B - being one of the only remaining offshore National and International classes surviving and thriving - will certainly be promoted as a National Championship in the UK in 2013, subject to entries.

There is, however, substance to the idea that the PBRC and ORC will look at the minimum number of entries required to constitute a National Championship in ALL classes across the board, to preclude dissipation of numbers across the classes and provide a robust series of racing that warrants the title 'RYA National Champion'. We have again pointed out to the RYA that it was not helpful to create yet another 1.3 litre class within the BCC3 series as this should be for any boats/engines that do not comply with the current UIM International Rules. It may be that this decision has not helped the National racing series, with some boats opting for BCC3 and some for National in 2012.

We would stress that if sufficient boats comply with 3B UIM Rules & Regulations, register as such with the required paperwork and licence, a full 3B National Championship will be recognised in 2013. A figure of 3 - 5 boats registered in any of the classes is being considered to constitute a National Championship and competitors would need to have a full measurement certificate and full National licence to be eligible for National points. In order to get a 'full' racing season for any class, it may well be necessary for teams to contact their clubs to lobby for more National events. Certainly from the perspective of obtaining both individual team and event sponsorship, it is vitally important that we retain the our National Racing first and foremost.

If any team wishes to confirm this information, the RYA Racing Department are happy to reiterate the points made in this post. We hope this clarifies any misunderstanding.

https://www.sepaoffshore.co.uk/
SEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #32

Interests: 3A, 3B & OCR
Boat name: Tintorera Racing
Boat make: Tintorera
Engines: TBA
Cruising area: Medway

3B National Championship - 2013

Thanks for the clarification

I for one am looking forward to racing 3B this season!

I hope that there will be more than 3 National races on the calendar in 2013 in order to make it a challenge for the 3B boats and justification for the licence fee, unless its going to be reduced!!

Obviously, new competitors will need these National races to gain experience and upgrade to race Internationally.

Whilst I fully agree with having a minimum number of boats registered at the start of the season to constitute a 'National Championship', as was stated in PB1 for many, many years. I don't necessarily agree 5 in this current climate. It used to be 3 boats Registered and 2 to cross the start line to take National Points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPA View Post
Certainly somewhere along the line there has been confusion with regards to National 3B Racing in 2013; we have sought and have been given assurance from the National Authority that 3B - being one of the only remaining offshore National and International classes surviving and thriving - will certainly be promoted as a National Championship in the UK in 2013, subject to entries.

There is, however, substance to the idea that the PBRC and ORC will look at the minimum number of entries required to constitute a National Championship in ALL classes across the board, to preclude dissipation of numbers across the classes and provide a robust series of racing that warrants the title 'RYA National Champion'. We have again pointed out to the RYA that it was not helpful to create yet another 1.3 litre class within the BCC3 series as this should be for any boats/engines that do not comply with the current UIM International Rules. It may be that this decision has not helped the National racing series, with some boats opting for BCC3 and some for National in 2012.

We would stress that if sufficient boats comply with 3B UIM Rules & Regulations, register as such with the required paperwork and licence, a full 3B National Championship will be recognised in 2013. A figure of 3 - 5 boats registered in any of the classes is being considered to constitute a National Championship and competitors would need to have a full measurement certificate and full National licence to be eligible for National points. In order to get a 'full' racing season for any class, it may well be necessary for teams to contact their clubs to lobby for more National events. Certainly from the perspective of obtaining both individual team and event sponsorship, it is vitally important that we retain the our National Racing first and foremost.

If any team wishes to confirm this information, the RYA Racing Department are happy to reiterate the points made in this post. We hope this clarifies any misunderstanding.
Old 15-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKJB View Post
Unfortunately the clubs appear to have very little input in anything that occurs at the RYA anymore as decisions are made without consultation or involvement. The ORC, like most of the RYA Powerboat committees' is a clique and a sham and is only there in name to give the semblance that it is a democracy, which it definitely isn't.

My understanding is that the clubs still apply for race status. The RYA being the national authority "bestows" the title "National" race on an event and if they decide not to have a championship in a particular class then it doesn't matter how many races the clubs attempt to organise.

There used to be rules about the minimum number of boats that are needed to constitute a National Championship but I am not sure that they ever catered for a National Authority who did not want to run a championship even though the minimum number of boats may exist.
I strongly disagree.

If we put on a Cowes Torquay Cowes race and a Cowes Poole Cowes race we tell the RYA what we want, they then comply.

I have various issues with the RYA regarding Licence fees, Event Insurance etc. However, they have been very helpful for running the races I have looked after.
Old 15-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #34

Interests: POWER BOAT RACING
Boat name: BIG AIR
Boat make: PHANTOM 19
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: BRISTOL CHANNEL

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar163y View Post
As a local, you might be interested in the National ski race in Weston on the weekend of June 15/16.

It's the last of the Worlds team selection races so should be a reasonable turnout.
I do normally help out at the local races if I can.As far as using my boat for ski racing it's hard enough to get just a navigator let allone get an observer and a skier,
NIC SURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #35

Quote:

If that is the case then that is good news ..

I will have 2 boats (B65 & B92) prepared and ready to commit to a full season by the end of February providing there are another 3 (hopefully more) that are prepared to do the same i assume that this will then be sufficient to establish the championship.
Old 15-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #36
green army

Interests: cars/boats/pub
Boat name: 1-52
Boat make: formula,no more tint sh?t
Engines: mercruiser v8
Cruising area: solent/iow

Send a message via MSN to neal_skyline
B52 is in and ready
Old 15-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
I strongly disagree.

If we put on a Cowes Torquay Cowes race and a Cowes Poole Cowes race we tell the RYA what we want, they then comply.

I have various issues with the RYA regarding Licence fees, Event Insurance etc. However, they have been very helpful for running the races I have looked after.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ry-blonde.html

"Dealing with the RYA was like talking to the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland!"
PKJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
A N Other

Good ! and Bad !!

Quote:

We would just like to add / say / defend................

The BCC stands for British (because that's where we are), Club (because that's what it is (not basic that's an old term that we are asked to not use) and its clubs that organise it), Championship (because that what is enables teams to do).

BCC3 is in no way set to detract 1.3ltr / 3B race teams away from NATIONAL racing !! it is set up to give very similar boats a CHOICE !! those that may not want to do the National series and or don't like the feeling of being forced to.

Any boat / team that competed in BCC3 for 2012 did it at THEIR choice or could not do National because their boat / engine did not meet the rules..... Say, boat too light or engine producing too much power just as possible examples. So BCC3 offered them the option.

So we strongly disagree BCC3 had any bearing on the National racing series..... the teams had a choice and they decided.

We fully support 3B National racing for 2013 and look forward to this class continuing for those that wish to go further and do European and or World events.

Regards The Committee.
ORDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #39

Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Our full calendar is still on www.ocrda.org Calendar !!
Old 15-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCRDA View Post
Our full calendar is still on www.ocrda.org Calendar !!
I know.. But all of your races are OCR / UKFFORC