Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: Torbay & Falmouth

Quote:
Originally posted by mell
Ian
all the best for italy
regards
steve and ali
Thanks guys, but I think we may need a little more than luck!!
Hope you have a good un in Teignmouth and give Fi a big kiss from me.
Ian.

"Old beardy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #23
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

How are the guys getting on any news

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #24

Interests: Anything Fast and Wet !!
Boat name: Thunderbirds
Boat make: Argo 21, Sourcerer
Engines: Merc 200hp, Merc 25hp

Heard Brian P was 9th or 10th and Richard W just after. however theres a lot of bun fighting with the Noggies protesting the Italians gearbox's and a protest against 4 boats for jumping the start. Apparently leaving the possiblity of voiding todays race.
Thunderbird Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
From me snout!!!
There are several protests after the first race of WC 3C. Englishmen want to DQ the entire race! The preliminary winner made a huge false start. Swedish driver Björn Lind came in the back of the filed and Norwegian driver Pal Virik Nilsen somewhere around 7-8 place. No crashes in 3C but one Turkish driver in 3D crashed.

Preliminary results:
1. C-42 Angelo Bianchini & Saul Bubacco (I) - AHB & Merc 200XS
2. C-47 Fabio Bertolacci & Loris Apolloni (I) - AHB
3. C-11 Diego Testa & Landucci (I) - Twister & Merc 200XS
4. C-61 Thomas Wrenkler & Annika Wrenkler (S) - Twister & Merc 200XS
5. C-68 Jon Kristian Løvdal & Thorstein Thorvildsen (N) - Twister & Merc 200XS
6. C-8 Henry Karlsen & Thomas Smordalen (N) - AHB & Merc 200XS
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #26

If anyone is going to their local trattoria maybe they could get this translated.

ULTIME NOTIZIE
2005/09/15 08:09 ( n. 176 / 183 )

MONDIALE DI OFFSHORE CLASSE 3

Record di partecipanti: 34 le imbarcazioni iscritte

Milano, 14/09/2005

Scatta domani a Jesolo il Campionato Mondiale di Offshore classe 3, per imbarcazioni da 2 e 4 litri. Grande fibrillazione nella cittadina veneta che già oggi ha avuto un assaggio di quel che sarà lo spettacolo in mare perchè gli scafi sono già scesi in acqua, questo pomeriggio, per gli allenamenti.

Saranno quattro i giorni di competizioni giocate sul mare di Jesolo per incoronare i campioni della velocità in acqua. Emozioni in programma per un appuntamento di livello internazionale, capace di interessare migliaia di appassionati del brivido e dei motori.

Per il litorale di Jesolo, promosso a sede della più importante competizione di off shore al mondo, è un risultato storico. Merito soprattutto del grande impegno del Circolo Motonautico Veneziano che ha coinvolto in questa avventura il Porto turistico di Jesolo e la "Città di Jesolo" e tutte le più importanti Istituzioni.

Il Porto Turistico di Jesolo sarà proprio la base logistica dell'evento che avrà inizio appunto domani alle ore 11 con la prima delle tre prove in programma in un Mondiale che è già un successo dal punto di vista della partecipazione di piloti. Sono infatti ben 34, un record, le imbarcazioni iscritte, 6 le nazioni in campo in una sfida che vede in prima linea, oltre agli italiani, soprattutto gli equipaggi svedesi e norvegesi.
Saranno in gara anche i campioni mondiali uscenti della classe 3 C (2 litri), gli svedesi Thomas e Annika Wrenkler che l'anno scorso conquistarono il titolo più importante proprio in Italia, a Viareggio.
Assente dalla competizione invece il reggiano Armando Baroni, campione mondiale uscente della 4 litri, che per anni ha dominato nella categoria. Correrà invece il suo copilota campione del mondo, il romano Mauro Pallini, che farà coppia questa volta con il toscano Cucurnia, campione europeo della 2 litri.
Tra i favoriti della vigilia i due piloti di casa, Angelo Bianchini e Saul Bubacco, che proprio quest'anno hanno conquistato il titolo italiano della 2 litri. Proveranno a disputare un Mondiale da protagonisti, ma dovranno guardarsi dalla concorrenza degli altri motivatissimi veneziani Bevilacqua-Suardi, dei romani Bertolaci-Testa, e di tutti gli altri equipaggi di casa.

Domani dunque la prima gara: alle 11 scenderanno in acqua le 34 imbarcazioni della 2 litri e della 4 litri, insieme per uno spettacolo unico.

La manifestazione durerà fino a domenica.

Ecco il programma delle gare:

14/09/2005 MERCOLEDI'
15.00-17:00 Classe 3C 3D Prove Ufficiali
15/09/2005 GIOVEDI'
11:00 Classe 3C 3D Gara 1
13:00 Podio
15:30-17:00 Classe 3C 3D Prove Ufficiali
16/09/2005 VENERDI'
11.00 Classe 3C 3D Gara 2
13:00 Podio
15:30-17:00 Classe 3C 3D Prove Ufficiali
20:30 Welcome Party
17/09/2005 SABATO
14:30-16:00 Classe 3C – D Prove Ufficiali
16:00-18:00 Prove Ufficiali - Pole position Classe 3 225 HP
18/09/2005 DOMENICA
10:30 Classe 3C 3D Gara 3
13:00 Classe 3 225 HP Gara
16:00 Podio e Premiazione
Old 16-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #27

Boat make: Argocat 23
Engines: Optimax 200xs

Fridays race in WC for offshore 3C ended with an crash for C-61 Team Wrenkler. Co driver and wife Annika complains about an injured shoulder. Swede Björn Lind finished somewhere around 15th place.
Winner today too is boat C-42, they are much faster then any one else and they think that he will have around 50 hp more then everyone else... After on lap they lead with around 2 nautical miles…
Everything sucks and no times are being held, when the starts goes some team hasn’t put their boats in the water!

You have some reports from the worlds on this two pages

http://www.janssonsmobilkranar.se/racing/
http://www.pvn-racing.com/
C-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #28
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

That first link's team has a V-24 with a 496 HO bet that gets a wiggle-on!!!!!

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #29

Interests: Powerboat racing, travel, curries, zimmers
Boat name: "N" Class fabrication
Boat make: B23
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: Torbay & Falmouth

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderbird Racing
Heard Brian P was 9th or 10th and Richard W just after. however theres a lot of bun fighting with the Noggies protesting the Italians gearbox's and a protest against 4 boats for jumping the start. Apparently leaving the possiblity of voiding todays race.
Just got back from Italy, great weather but lots of arguments. Firstly the scrutineers wanted to DQ Richard, Roy and Martin concerning their gearboxes. It transpired the scrutineers could not understand the ruling clearly laid down in the UIM handbook concerning the modifications you can make to the water intake. It was eventually sorted out but obviously phased Richard somewhat as theirs seemed to be the only boat that the scrutineers virtually took to pieces before they ever got near the water!
First race was a farce as at least 6 boats (mostly Italian) were level with the start boat when the green flag was raised. The whole procedure was not in accordance with the UIM start so the commissioner declared the race void. Trophies were awarded to the first 3 (Italians) but no points.
Second race was better and got away cleanly. C61 Wrenkler went over and C2 (Richard White) stopped to render assistance. 6 boats then passed and were yellow carded. Richard was awarded 9th for stopping. Again first 3 were Italian cats, lead boat was out on his own.
3rd race was cancelled as it was deemed to be too rough to get out of the river! Also the helicopters refused to go up in the wind and rain and as they were carrying the divers, proceedings were halted. The UIM commissioner, after deliberation, decided that the World Championships would be decided on just the 2nd race and so the Italian cats went to have their boats and engines checked over.
There was a lot of muttering in the pits that certain Optimaxes had the chips changed in the ECU`s to make them rev more, something that the UIM commissioner was investigating, but I left before prizegiving cos I wanted to ensure I made the ferry back.
No doubt some of the other lads who are a bit more technical than myself will elaborate on proceedings but that is it in a nutshell.
The highest placed Brit on day one was Brian (Rhino), who finished 13th I think, with Richard right behind him. On day two it was Richard in 9th, with Bob Irwin next placed Brit. Chris Bryan blew his powerhead in race one and the compresser fell off Brian`s Opti in race 2. There were 30 boats in 2litre and 6 in 4ltr, so an amazing start!

"Old beardy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #30

Boat name: Classified 2
Boat make: Jeanneau 42i
Engines: 50hp janmar
Cruising area: South Coast

From where i was watching 7 boats passed the upside C61 of Thomas and Anneka Wrenkler before C2 Richard and Paula White Stopped And it was at least 20 seconds after C2 stopped that the yellow and red striped flag was raised, indicating no further assistance was required.

By the time C2 stopped Thomas was behind his wife holding her upright in the water as she was in great pain. The diverless helicopter overhead made things ten times worse.

I dont care who wants to argue as this is an accurate interpritation of the procedings. If you dont stop a the scene of an accident it should be immediate red card never mind yellow, as it is in scandnavia.

If you race, especially in a canopied boat you need to know that if it goes pair shaped someone will help you. It begs the question if I saw an Italian upside down would I stop. I dont think so.

And as for the jury Taking back the yellow cards one and a half hours after giving them out they should be ashamed of themselves as should Sareta for siding with them. People have such short memories.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #31

Interests: Boats and Bacardi
Engines: bit's & Pieces
Cruising area: everywhere

This is the most bizarre world's that we've ever taken part in.i'm sure the Cominoff and the UIM are going to take a long time to sort this one out!!!

Being binned before actually getting to race was the start which only left us with 30 minutes to test on the Wednesday.on arrival onto the course the buoys A & D where approximately half a mile away from there exact co-ordinates and the organisers said according to our GPS the buoys are correct position. We offered them our GARMIN GPS the offer was not accepted! The conditons however we're quite flat for the Monohull to compete with the CATs.it's just such a shame we didn't get to race on the Sunday as we Brit's are used to the rough and we'd have had a much better chance on the Sunday.Some of the funniest things heard over the week. Henry from Norway explained to Vergo with the rule book that english is the language of the UIM and if he can't read it and understand it then he shouldn't be a scrutineer! He went absolutely mad throwing his arms in the air, we found this extremly funny as we had to deal with him for 3 hours over our gearbox.which incidentally he apporoved in the last two europeans when we won 3rd and 2nd in 2004. Norweigns and Sweeds decided that the rule book is only good for toilet paper(Wiping your Ar**)! Another is: Red card, yellow card, Master card who gives a F***!

On a more serious note I would like to agree with Doug on his comments it was the Norweign deligates that filmed the whole incident with the Wrenklers but could not cross the course and assist. They suggested to the UIM to red card all the boats invloved that did not stop. Annika and Thomas were very grateful that we stopped,as she was in serious pain with a dislocated shoulder with race boats passing at full speed and the Mark boat was not showing a red and yellow flag to say that it was assisting until after we stopped and spoke to Thomas! This is an important matter and as 90% of the time a race boat will get to you before a rescue boat. We treat all our racing competetors as our friends and at the end of the day it's just another Race and it's not as important as someones life!

Richard & Paula White C2

Ps the boat's for sale including all the equipment if anyones interested please e-mail. rwhite7056@aol.com
Tricky Dicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #32

On reflection, we do it quite well in this country.
Safety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally posted by Safety
On reflection, we do it quite well in this country.
You are appreciated Safety!
Sounds like a S*** Show, sympathies to everyone who wasted hard earned money, to be treated like that.
Old 22-09-2005, 07:47 AM   #34

Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

In reply to Tricky Dicky's post regarding the Worlds, I was one of the 7 boats who he and Doug implied passed the Wrenkler incident without stopping to assist. Now you can all hear my version. The incident happened at a turn. If at 70 mph you see an upturned boat next to a boat (turns out that their mark boats do not act as safety as well?), a helicopter overhead and another boat heading torwards them (turns out now that was a camera crew?), two crew upright in the water - forgive me for being thick but you would assume that it was being covered! If I was the only boat to make this error of judgement then o.k. but 7 of us? Why on earth was there no safety boat at the turn in the first place. That would seem the most obvious place to put one! The jury could see, once the film was viewed how we all interpreted the situation.
As for not stopping, Pat and I have stopped to assist more times in the last ten years than most people have actually raced! We are well p..sed of for certain people to have even suggested it! Its surprising what friends will do when theres a chance you can jump up 7 places.

We are all glad Annika wasn't badly injured.

On that note, does anyone know how Matt is? We wish him a speedy recovery but know his girlfriend flew out to be with him.

Well done to everyone who took part in Italy. It wasn't an easy week but we had a good time and the gifts they gave to the crews at prize giving were nicer than any of our trophies!
RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #35

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

I believe the latest is that Matt is feeling fine and will be coming home today, Thursday.

Onto the racing I think there was a real mixture of good and bad at the event. I don't want to get involved in just slagging off the event and getting in this negative spiral that seems to develop around all powerboating.

On the positive side what a great entry, great pits (if only we had similar in the UK), some good hospitality and generally met up with a lot of friends old and new.

Can't say too much about the racing as we had far too many problems and as such vastly under-performed.

Otherwise it was a great shame that race 1 was wasted because of the start. Even though it was not a true UIM start all crews should know not to jump the start and perhaps the proper penalty would have been better than scrapping the race. Although there were so many wrong that aerial footage would have been necessary.

Race 2 included the yellow card incident and I did not see that.

I would have loved to run race 3 in the rough. But I believe it was the marina operator who would not open his marina lock doors because of the difference in water levels due to the masses of rain in the previous day - so I guess there was little option. It was a shame we did not have the final race on Saturday with Sunday as a lay day as originally planned.

Things are done differently in Italy and I think what works in a national championship with a limited number of boats did not work so well in a World championship with a lot more boats.

There was some impressive racing and certainly much food for thought for the British teams.
Old 22-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #36
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam
I believe the latest is that Matt is feeling fine and will be coming home today, Thursday.
So what happened to Matt?
Old 22-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #37

Hello all. I'm back home at last, after a slightly longer stay in italy than planned. Feeling pretty much OK again, thank goodness.

I've been really really touched by everyone's concern. Thank you.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #38

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Welcome home you poof, next time stick to factor 40 and shandy!
Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #39
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Hello all. I'm back home at last, after a slightly longer stay in italy than planned. Feeling pretty much OK again, thank goodness.

I've been really really touched by everyone's concern. Thank you.
Welcome back matt, glad to hear you are now ok!!
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #40
The Doc

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Davis
Welcome home you poof, next time stick to factor 40 and shandy!
damn right!

Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote