Boatmad.com

Old 14-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #1

#44 Conam Yachts secure 2008 P1 SuperSport title

POWERBOAT P1 - LATEST NEWS FROM THE VIGO GRAND PRIX OF THE SEA...

#44 Conam Yachts team boss and throttleman Angelo Tedeschi and pilot Aaron Ciantar have expressed their delight at securing this year’s SuperSport championship with a double win in the Powerboat P1 Vigo Grand Prix of the Sea. This is the second SuperSport title in a row for Tedeschi and his Italian-based Racing Project outfit after winning the 2007 crown.

The #44 Conam Yachts outfit have managed to combine blinding speed with impressive reliability in the quest to defend their championship. Tedschi and Ciantar have dominated every race this year in their Mercury-powered Chaudron, losing only one victory to the #07 Microlink PC team after picking up a penalty for a jump start.

“I’m very, very happy with the results from this weekend and the year as a whole,” Tedeschi said. “I’m so proud to work with such a strong team, and what we have achieved. It’s all a matter of going as fast as possible, and being as reliable as possible. This is the benefit of five years of experience.

“We only look at the job we do, and we knew we were doing a good job. We’ve not been easy to beat this year, but I think that will hopefully encourage a lot of teams to come back and a lot of teams to join the championship.”

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST FROM P1 CHAMPIONSHIP AT WWW.POWERBOATP1.COM/NEWS
AngharadG is offline   Reply With Quote