Boatmad.com

Old 14-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #21

Interests: Boats, skiing pets
Cruising area: wherever there is work!

Annie will as everybody has said be truly missed , I recal two incidents over the last two years when she was both very firm but at the same time had feelings for the people involved . Some people say I have a strange sense of humor ,
Annie was always able to deal with this in her own way.

I aslo recal at Cowes last year when as always she gave me a big cuddle ,saying how much she enjoyed the racing and her involvment in it

Annie will leave a big void in the racing world .

Yours

Eric

Mrs Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #22

Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Have not been on here for a while. Was taken back when heard the news.

I too received several ear bashings from Annie, well deserved ming you. It was thanks to Annie I was able to get my bum in a few boats as she put mine name forward when a driver was looking for a nav. I was very lucky to have raced in an era when there were many great characters in the sport, Annie included.
I can only agree with everybodys sentimants written here, and would like to pass on my sincere condolences to Rob and Family.

God Bless Annie RIP

Dave Voyce and family

Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #23

Rest In Peace Annie

Annie was a very respected lady in our sport and she will always be remembered.

God Bless

Paddy and Betty Reilly
Paddy Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
Pink Dragon Lady!

Interests: Fast cars and horse riding.
Boat make: None (or does radio controller count?)

When Mike told me I was truly shocked. Annie was a one in a million lady who had that wonderful combination of a sense of humour, elegance, intelligence and firmness when needed. I witnessed many a naughty boys list and tellings off over the years some of which were hugely entertaining!

We will all miss her terribly but most of all Rob, I cannot even imagine how he feels at the moment. My thoughts go to him and their family.

Rest in Peace Annie and enjoy watching the racing from where you are, I am sure it will not fail to entertain you!

Jackie (Shelton)
Old 19-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #25
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Annie's Funeral

Funeral will take place on Monday 31st January at 2.30 pm at Poole Crematorium, Gravel Hill, Poole, BH17 9BQ.

This will be followed by a celebration of her life at Lake Yard, Hamworthy, Poole BH15 4DT.

Family flowers only but donations can be made to Macmillan Nurses.

Anyone wanting to make a donation should send a cheque to Tapper Funeral Service, 32-34 Parkstone Road, Poole, Dorset BH15 2PG. The cheque should be made payable to Macmillan Nurses and make sure that Annie's name is on the back. To pay by credit card call Tappers on 01202 673164.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #26

Funeral update

Rob would like everyone coming to the funeral to wear something pink or lilac as those were Annie's favourite colours.
RMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #27

Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

Annie's Funeral

My memories of a day that certainly left a big immpression:

Annie's funeral was, like our dear friend herself, a One-Off.
I guess that well over 200 attended at Poole Crematorium, & I have never before seen so many people inside a chapel, with two or three deep around & behind the altar, sides and isles, etc. We thought that with the number massed outside before, some of us would be listening from outside, but the funeral directors found room for all, on a very cold day.

Chris Bryan, reading through his tribute, gave all of us an insight into Annie's facinating life; and admitted after, due to the time it was taking, that he ommitted a whole section about "The 6 Pack", in which Annie was of course, much involved. Annie's involvement with Film & TV, including for one, the Inspector Morse series, gave us all an insight into just how tallented Annie was, as if we didn't know.

The Celebration of Annies Life at Lake Yard Club, was a very special event, and the clubroom and added marquee were packed with people.
A toast to Annie, and a baloon-launch, in aid of MacMillan Nurses were memorable features of a day that made a fitting tribute to a Very Special Lady.

Of course, all our thoughts are still with Rob and the family as they continue without such a dynamic person in their lives.

RIP Annie.

Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote