Boatmad.com

Old 13-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #41

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

I have had my boat tampered with and trust me it is not a nice feeling. and i have my ideaes who it was and f i get proof that sob will get payback. if they done it to me i would not want them back. as for the rya i think everyone has their views on it or certain people.

Old 13-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #42

Interests: Boats, skiing, diving
Boat name: Kekoa
Boat make: Sunseeker 50'
Engines: Man 700 x 2
Cruising area: Solent

I have known Rob for many years and he freely admits that it was a stupid thing he did and deserved the ban he was given but as Adam says its time to move on.

I see Mr Nocker will be racing in Class 1

http://www.class-1.com/newsdetails.asp?id=1071

den100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I agree with Neil.

Rob is a good guy - unfortunately he did something stupid, admitted it and has taken a lot of punishment for it.

Time to move on and I cannot see the need to try and cause even more problems for him or our sport - let him race.
Totally disagree.

I can't stand football because there all cheats. When have you ever seen a player admit that a penalty ain't a penalty etc.

I could never stand on a podium knowing that I cheated just to get a trophy.
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #44
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I'd still like to know who cut our GPS aerial off at Milford Haven on the RB08.

Plenty of people cheat, or at least bend the rules to the nth degree to gain advantage, that's nothing new, or a surprise, but sabotaging someones boat is a whole different thing.

I guess the victim 'could' take it as a compliment, as those who do this stuff must only do it to those they know they can't beat on the water.....didn't feel much of s compliment at Milford Haven though

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #45

Interests: Heavy Heavy Metal
Boat name: Slayer II, Slayer, Pen15
Boat make: Phantom 19G-R, Bernico F2 Extreme, Ring 15
Engines: Evinrude 115HO, Yam 90
Cruising area: Channel Islands

If I caught someone messing with my boat an RYA ban would be the least of their worries... Plain wrong.
Paul E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #46

Boat name: Grip-O.co.uk
Engines: Steyr-Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
I'd still like to know who cut our GPS aerial off at Milford Haven on the RB08.

Plenty of people cheat, or at least bend the rules to the nth degree to gain advantage, that's nothing new, or a surprise, but sabotaging someones boat is a whole different thing.

I guess the victim 'could' take it as a compliment, as those who do this stuff must only do it to those they know they can't beat on the water.....didn't feel much of s compliment at Milford Haven though
And who pulled the wiring from under the dash so we had no gauges for the final leg, the warning buzzers in the bilge we just hoped it would plane when the flag dropped. I had no cover for the boat then which may have helped. I do worry about leaving the boat overnight, maybe I will put a bed in it for Cowes to Monte Carlo, all the work I put in for someone to vandalise.
2-XS-IF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #47

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
Totally disagree.

I can't stand football because there all cheats. When have you ever seen a player admit that a penalty ain't a penalty etc.

I could never stand on a podium knowing that I cheated just to get a trophy.
I'm not condoing cheating in anyway - but in this case I stand by my comment as they are written an d relating to that case.

As to tampering in powerboating I really don't believe it is anywhere near as high as reported. I've been racing a long time and have heard so many people claim there boats have been tampered with and yet hardly any of it is true. A lot is bad rigging / general racing / wear & tear that leads to failures, sometimes maybe people outside racing are tampering, the odd team internal disagreement I have heard of (leading to things happening) and yes I'm sure there are a few examples of actual tampering.

But if it is as widespread as reported we might as well give up.

I can say that I have been racing on and off for many years, sometimes at the sharp end of the fleet and never had any such happening.
Old 24-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #48

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-XS-IF View Post
And who pulled the wiring from under the dash so we had no gauges for the final leg, the warning buzzers in the bilge we just hoped it would plane when the flag dropped. I had no cover for the boat then which may have helped. I do worry about leaving the boat overnight, maybe I will put a bed in it for Cowes to Monte Carlo, all the work I put in for someone to vandalise.
We will be having full security at every venue for the Cowes/Monte-Carlo, even so, don't take and chances. The fleet had quite a few problems with their boats being tampered with in 1972 and a few crew ended up sleeping on their boats, or by the side of them!!
ML.

Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote