Boatmad.com

Old 14-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #81
Trade Member

[QUOTE=OCRDA;176715]I thought he meant that "He had not worked for months" !![/QUOTE

Dont you mean had not worked ever?

Old 14-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #82

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Cowes Poole Cowes Basic

With many thanks for the email's & phone calls over the weekend.

It certainly looks like a Cowes Poole Cowes Basic race ala '08 & '09 will run on Sunday 29th August.

http://www.britishpowerboatracingclu.../timetable.htm

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
With many thanks for the email's & phone calls over the weekend.

It certainly looks like a Cowes Poole Cowes Basic race ala '08 & '09 will run on Sunday 29th August.

http://www.britishpowerboatracingclu.../timetable.htm
Thats good news Great opportunity for those with boats that are not eligible to run in the regular classes to be part of this special week. As FF said ( ''The Main Event'' ) Hopefully it will attract a big entry.

We're in ........Don't want to look back and think ''Should have done that'' . Want the Tee Shirt
Blue mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue mist View Post
Thats good news Great opportunity for those with boats that are not eligible to run in the regular classes to be part of this special week. As FF said ( ''The Main Event'' ) Hopefully it will attract a big entry.

We're in ........Don't want to look back and think ''Should have done that'' . Want the Tee Shirt
No doubt the Tee Shirt will be available again from Ocean World once I email Paul all the competitors.

Hopefully this year they will not be as popular as last.

Breaking the Ocean World shop window seemed to be a rather extreme way of collecting Cowes 2009 memorabilia.

Great to have you on board!
Old 16-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #85

Interests: Powerboats, Alpine Skiing
Boat name: Blastoff Challenger
Boat make: Fountain 38 poker run
Engines: 2 x Yanmar 440
Cruising area: Solent

Just for the record Jon, although we had a fuel delivery problem which robbed us of the C T C lead which we had by some margin in our "circuit boat" in fairly rough water, we did complete the full race distance with 500 ltrs of fuel left in our tanks and still came 8th overall despite the fact we had been stationary for two hours while we fixed our problem, and then limped at 40 knots from Portland to Gurnard. Scott in team 25 said he could not believe how Blastoff handled the rough and dissappeared into the distance when they had the hammer down!

The boat at the moment has engines out and will have new fuel tanks, fuel hoses etc. so that we don't cock up again (we hope).

I pray that the C-T-C 50th has as much support from all angles as possible as we should all work together to safeguard our sport, and stop gossip from dividing and ruining our sport.
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #86
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozzer View Post
Just for the record Jon......
Hey Dorian, chill man, it was a joke.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #87

Interests: Powerboats, Alpine Skiing
Boat name: Blastoff Challenger
Boat make: Fountain 38 poker run
Engines: 2 x Yanmar 440
Cruising area: Solent

Sorry Jon......I could not believe it when we had a fuel problem again, as we had a professional firm in to deal with the fuel delivery problem a few weeks before and the boat had run fine during testing, so thinking that all was fine and that we had a chance of winning we were so disappointed when it all went horribly wrong.

I watched my parents doing their first C-T-C in a Royal Cruiser 4 called Samanda Thuz in 1969 when I was 8 years old and have dreamed ever since of winning this race one day.

That is why I feel so passionate about the race.
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #88

An update. All things Cowes this year.

Race Instructions, Entry fees and Entry forms will be posted on the BPRC website 1st May 2010.

Entrants will be posted on the website thereafter.

That is the dull part over-

2010 British Powerboat Festival. - Entries

• Fabio Buzzi is looking to bring 3 FPT powered boats
• 7 Powerboat P1 teams have expressed interest
• Scorpion Ribs want to enjoy their success from last year and add more boats
• Marathon boats are being built by people that want to go Offshore Racing

It would appear from Cowes last year, where we had 23 Marathon entries; this year could hit 40 or more.

I thank you for your telephone calls & emails.

With such a huge fleet of boats, let us all enjoy & celebrate the 50th!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #89

Good PR

Well Done Mr.Ciao,at least youv`e got the good sense to keep us informed,unlike some Irish Marathon organisers.Their PR dept is pitiful by comparison.Despite all the calls of interest re their entries, they still seem determined to play MI5 with the info.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
Well Done Mr.Ciao,at least youv`e got the good sense to keep us informed,unlike some Irish Marathon organisers.Their PR dept is pitiful by comparison.Despite all the calls of interest re their entries, they still seem determined to play MI5 with the info.
There nice guys but have to agree with you.
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #91

Interests: Powerboat racing & Rallying

Hi Flying Fish,
Perhaps you are right in wanting to know the line up of entries for the Around Ireland Race, but then again I would love to know the driver line up for the opening round of the Class One World Championship, which kicks off in Rio this month.

I’m also curious to know which teams will be in Portugal for the first UIM Formula One Grand Prix on May 9. That weekend also sees the P1 season kick off in Yalta, and I’m very intrigued as to who is racing in the Evolution class this year.

All three Championships have websites but none of that information can be found on them. Yet all of those races take place at least a month earlier than the marathon event in Ireland. Maybe it’s about time we give the Irish guys some slack.
Chris Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #92

Entries

Hi Chris,

I looked on the Class 1 site yesterday and they did have some info on teams.

Give em some slack you say,gordon bennett,Johnny Moore was streets ahead in his organisation of the RB08 website,so it can be done even if P1 are more typical of the way things drift along.It always makes me wonder when organisers say we have `X` amount of entries yet don`t want to publish any info.Obviously there is a reason,just like to know what it is.Do they think it will jeopardize their final entry list,surely not.

Come to think of it you could be the first to know,when they ask for pics of their boats to advertise their entry,or is that too logical.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Davies View Post
Hi Flying Fish,
Perhaps you are right in wanting to know the line up of entries for the Around Ireland Race, but then again I would love to know the driver line up for the opening round of the Class One World Championship, which kicks off in Rio this month.

I’m also curious to know which teams will be in Portugal for the first UIM Formula One Grand Prix on May 9. That weekend also sees the P1 season kick off in Yalta, and I’m very intrigued as to who is racing in the Evolution class this year.

All three Championships have websites but none of that information can be found on them. Yet all of those races take place at least a month earlier than the marathon event in Ireland. Maybe it’s about time we give the Irish guys some slack.
I understand what your saying however from my point of view i need to know what the event is going to deliver before i spend over 10 grand of my money to compete.

And now it's to late for us.
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #94

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Isn't there a bit of a conflict between these two events - right hand not letting the left hand know what they are doing springs to mind.

Around Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010.
Update: 14/12/09 - The Around Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010 will take place from the 5th to the 12th of June 2010. The event will be a hosted by Galway and the Team from Let’s Do it Galway who organised the very successful Volvo Ocean Stopover there in June of this year.

GEARING UP FOR THE GREAT BRITISH RIB RALLY 12-23 June 2010 Interest builds as participants nominate recipients for fund raising support. There are 20 confirmed entries for the Great British RIB Rally (GBRR), the cruising adventure of a lifetime that is being staged between 12-23 June, with the fleet mustering in Portland on Friday 11th and setting off from there on Saturday 12th June. Unlike most boating expeditions around the UK this event is planning to route participants around the west cost of Ireland, along the Atlantic coast and, rather than taking the usual short-cut through Scotland via the Caledonian Canal, the boats are planning to travel around the top of Scotland.

Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #95

Red Funnel

Pleased to be able offer competitors of The British Powerboat Festival discounted rates on the Southampton >> East Cowes ferry.

Please see attached prices >>

http://www.britishpowerboatracingclu...k/refunnel.doc

Timetable >>

http://www.britishpowerboatracingclu.../redfunnel.PDF
Old 03-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #96
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

dodgy link amended.
Quote:
Please see attached prices >>

http://www.britishpowerboatracingclu.../redfunnel.doc

Timetable >>

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #97

Web Site

I had to put this up earlier than intended - http://www.cowes2010.co.uk/

Hopefully this site will answer over the next few months any questions re: Marathon Rules / Marathon Classes / RYA Licence issues / Entries for Cowes etc.

Once again, thanks for your emails & phone calls -
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #98

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
I had to put this up earlier than intended - http://www.cowes2010.co.uk/

Hopefully this site will answer over the next few months any questions re: Marathon Rules / Marathon Classes / RYA Licence issues / Entries for Cowes etc.

Once again, thanks for your emails & phone calls -
That's some impressive web site, great work John.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #99

Licensing Criteria

This is the RYA criteria for Marathon licences for The British Powerboat Festival.

Under the RYA/UIM Rules, all licences must be of international status.
Foreign competitors must obtain and produce a written endorsement from their National Authority to take part in this event.

1) Each team must have at least 2 full international licence holders on board for the race.
Additional crew – not in control of the boat:

2) International Event Licences will be issued to individuals who want to participate in the race but who declare that they are participating as passengers with no control over the boat. These will be issued by the RYA Powerboat Racing Department in advance of the event subject to medical self declarations being completed satisfactorily.

3) International endurance licences will be accepted.

4) Full racing medicals are required by all competitors taking an International Licence.

5) Applications from competitors who have taken part in the following long distance events will be accepted, subject to satisfactory medical examination:
i) Round Britain 1969
ii) Round Britain 1984
iii) Round Britain 2008
iv) Round Britain/British Isles Record run
v) Cowes/Torquay/Cowes
vi) London/Monte Carlo
vii) Red Sea Rally 2006/7

6) All other British applicants must provide a C.V. of boating experience which will be assessed by the RYA for seamanship ability. This C.V. must demonstrate practical experience and theoretical knowledge to a minimum RYA qualification or military equivalent of: Day Skipper – or Coastal Skipper – or Yachtmaster – or – Advanced Powerboat (not Powerboat Level 2 on its own). As part of this assessment it may be necessary for the applicant to attend a practical evaluation session conducted by the RYA.

7) Any applicant whose C.V. is deemed doubtful will be offered the necessary training at cost.

SEA SURVIVAL CERTIFICATE:
There must be one crew on board for each leg who has been certificated as having passed a Sea Survival Course. This one day course is available through the RYA.

For participation in the 2010 Cowes Torquay Cowes Race all Licence applications and Event Licence Applications with supporting documents must be with the RYA Powerboat Racing department No later than Monday 9th August.
Old 22-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #100
Trade Member

Interests: Anything powered on wheels, water or air
Boat name: OVERLORD
Boat make: RING 34' SPORTSBOAT 2 X V8 PETROL
Engines: 2 x 320 MERCRUISER B1
Cruising area: South coast

[QUOTE=Ciao;178343]This is the RYA criteria for Marathon licences for The British Powerboat Festival.
5) Applications from competitors who have taken part in the following long distance events will be accepted, subject to satisfactory medical examination:
i) Round Britain 1969
ii) Round Britain 1984
iii) Round Britain 2008
iv) Round Britain/British Isles Record run
v) Cowes/Torquay/Cowes
vi) London/Monte Carlo
vii) Red Sea Rally 2006/7

In a previous post the London To Brighton race was included in the above list. Is this now not an eligible qualifying race ?

Mike

Neglect not thy opportunities
Mike Ring is offline   Reply With Quote