Boatmad.com

Go Back   Boatmad.com > The Muster Area > General Racing Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog v2 View Post
no more post on this see you all in Torquay and Littlehampton if you like to come.
in other words you either can't or won't answer a single question i have asked over the last couple of threads ... i wonder why ?

Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #42

Interests: Boating, Clay Pigeon Shooting
Boat name: B92
Boat make: Bakdraft!
Engines: Yamaha 90!
Cruising area: Solent

Membership

Cliff please can you confirm your 2011 ORDA membership number?
Thanks Ashleigh

Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #43
A N Other

ORDA posts

To All - Posts by ORDA are for information only and do not necessarily need a reply.... thank you. The posts by bigdog v2 are the views of bigdog v2 and not ORDA, the Chairman or the Committee. All classes are welcome at ORDA events.

RHINO - Please contact your club or the RYA ref 2012 races / events.

Wishful thinking - Not sure of your point but if you feel that ORDA have made you feel "stupid" then please accept our apologies for that.

Stewpot smile2005 - No one received an invitation it was on a members news letter and posted on the ORDA website. Apologies for spelling your first name wrong, the correct way is duly noted, your surname is spelt Dick though ?

Ciao - She would be saying what some might be thinking.

3b ORDA Champion -

Sorry for the delay, but we did say : "Awards that were presented on the night!"
We can announce that... B52 - Blitz Racing - Neal Ives, Carl Andrews and Nathan Stray have won.
The trophy will be presented at the first opportunity.
ORDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #44

Quote:
3b ORDA Champion -

Sorry for the delay, but we did say : "Awards that were presented on the night!"
We can announce that... B52 - Blitz Racing - Neal Ives, Carl Andrews and Nathan Stray have won.
Once again i ask "ORDA" HOW was this decision made ?

IE: What races were point scoring races in the ORDA Championship ?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #45
v24 rocks

Boat name: bat out of hell, tooti fruty
Cruising area: LA

3b

Foolish still a n,b Have a nice 2012 in 3b i mite buy a 3b boat for team Bat out of Hell.
bigdog v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #46
v24 rocks

3b

Well done B52
Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #47

Quote:
Foolish still a n,b Have a nice 2012 in 3b i mite buy a 3b boat for team Bat out of Hell.
Yet again another idiotic post from the so called "CHAIRMAN" of ORDA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
Once again i ask "ORDA" HOW was this decision made ?

IE: What races were point scoring races in the ORDA Championship ?
Still waiting ... perhaps another member of the "Committee" or "ORDA" would care to answer this question more appropriately ....
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #48
green army

Interests: cars/boats/pub
Boat name: 1-52
Boat make: formula,no more tint sh?t
Engines: mercruiser v8
Cruising area: solent/iow

Send a message via MSN to neal_skyline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORDA View Post
To All - Posts by ORDA are for information only and do not necessarily need a reply.... thank you. The posts by bigdog v2 are the views of bigdog v2 and not ORDA, the Chairman or the Committee. All classes are welcome at ORDA events.

Wishful thinking - Not sure of your point but if you feel that ORDA have made you feel "stupid" then please accept our apologies for that.

Stewpot smile2005 - No one received an invitation it was on a members news letter and posted on the ORDA website. Apologies for spelling your first name wrong, the correct way is duly noted, your surname is spelt Dick though ?

3b ORDA Champion -

bit lost here what race was this on ,if it was torquey it was
race 1,1st b52, 2nd b92, 3rd b28 dnf,4th brian cornish dns
race 2,1st b92, 2nd brian cornish ,3rd b52 dns ,4th b28 dns
so that makes B92 winner and B52 2nd
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #49

Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

orda reply

Quote:

A few weeks ago, i asked a simple question: "What races were being put on so I could decide whether or not to buy a full race licence?"
It's hard to believe what followed.
I have looked on the RYA website for the 2012 calendar but as yet only 2011 is available for download.
I have tried to contact committee members but apparently your chairman has told them not to talk to me! When I witheld my number, a committee member, when recognising my voice, hung up!
I can only do the following publically because phone calls and emails go unanswered.

The sole reason my wife and I decided not to attend the AGM and dinner dance is because we feel we can no longer support a club that did not support it's racing members.

It was agreed that three clubs were going to host the 3B Worlds - ORDA, OCRDA and SEPA. It was common knowledge that you were going to announce at a pre raceday meeting at Littlehampton that ORDA was going to pull out of the event, even though you knew at least one club member was having a boat built and another had purchased a boat especially. Your reason in the ORDA letter to members - It was due to circumstances beyond your control. Real reason given at meeting - The committee had agreed (not all were asked) they didn't want to risk the club's money as you were saving it for a special event! What is more special than a World Championship? The remaining (much poorer clubs) and myself chose not to let the 3B teams down and run it between us. We were informed that everything was already in place and we could just carry on when in fact first thing Monday morning all the contacts were told it had been cancelled! Everybody we all spoke to later that day were really surprised it was still on.
Everyone pulled together, clubs and teams alike, even putting their own funds towards it and it was a success. A few mistakes were made but we only had seven weeks to get it right. Interestingly enough, a person claiming to be one of the organisers cancelled an evening event and the farce which ensued after the event regarding the ORDA trailer by the ORDA committee was the last straw.
There are about eleven 3B racing club members, nine of which took part in the World Championship, nearly double that of 3C and V24. Maybe people can now understand why there is some bitterness between racing members and ORDA committee especially as we our now told the 3B championship was decided on tables booked at the AGM/Dinner. Poor Show!
Actually as a final point, how come I won the only ORDA organised race last year but came second in the ORDA championship?

3b ORDA Champion -

See above
RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
See above

A few weeks ago, i asked a simple question: "What races were being put on so I could decide whether or not to buy a full race licence?"
It's hard to believe what followed.
I have looked on the RYA website for the 2012 calendar but as yet only 2011 is available for download.
I have tried to contact committee members but apparently your chairman has told them not to talk to me! When I witheld my number, a committee member, when recognising my voice, hung up!
I can only do the following publically because phone calls and emails go unanswered.

The sole reason my wife and I decided not to attend the AGM and dinner dance is because we feel we can no longer support a club that did not support it's racing members.

It was agreed that three clubs were going to host the 3B Worlds - ORDA, OCRDA and SEPA. It was common knowledge that you were going to announce at a pre raceday meeting at Littlehampton that ORDA was going to pull out of the event, even though you knew at least one club member was having a boat built and another had purchased a boat especially. Your reason in the ORDA letter to members - It was due to circumstances beyond your control. Real reason given at meeting - The committee had agreed (not all were asked) they didn't want to risk the club's money as you were saving it for a special event! What is more special than a World Championship? The remaining (much poorer clubs) and myself chose not to let the 3B teams down and run it between us. We were informed that everything was already in place and we could just carry on when in fact first thing Monday morning all the contacts were told it had been cancelled! Everybody we all spoke to later that day were really surprised it was still on.
Everyone pulled together, clubs and teams alike, even putting their own funds towards it and it was a success. A few mistakes were made but we only had seven weeks to get it right. Interestingly enough, a person claiming to be one of the organisers cancelled an evening event and the farce which ensued after the event regarding the ORDA trailer by the ORDA committee was the last straw.
There are about eleven 3B racing club members, nine of which took part in the World Championship, nearly double that of 3C and V24. Maybe people can now understand why there is some bitterness between racing members and ORDA committee especially as we our now told the 3B championship was decided on tables booked at the AGM/Dinner. Poor Show!
Actually as a final point, how come I won the only ORDA organised race last year but came second in the ORDA championship?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal_skyline View Post
bit lost here what race was this on ,if it was torquey it was
race 1,1st b52, 2nd b92, 3rd b28 dnf,4th brian cornish dns
race 2,1st b92, 2nd brian cornish ,3rd b52 dns ,4th b28 dns
so that makes B92 winner and B52 2nd
Hi Neal, I think you could be right, whatever the scoring system is. Races, Points, ( or Tables ) As Littlehampton did'nt run I would have thought it would have been based on the Torquay Event, so as you say........1st Ashleigh B92, 2nd Neal B52, 3rd Brian B69. ?
Blue mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #52
v24 rocks

Rhione

Move on it is 2012 what can you do for 2012 in 3b or 3c or v24 or ocr

Just have fun in you boats Love you long time dingdong Se you in TQ and LA If you want to. Its you lost if you do not come. Love you Cliff
ORDA Chairman.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #53
v24 rocks

Foolish

You ars still a nob bigdog v2 But as ORDA Chairman Love you see you in TQ OR
LA And i will buy you a pint of tea
Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #54

Quote:
no more post on this see you all in Torquay and Littlehampton if you like to come.
Sober ...

Foolish
Quote:
You ars still a nob bigdog v2 But as ORDA Chairman Love you see you in TQ OR
LA And i will buy you a pint of tea
Not so Sober ....

Quote:
To All - Posts by ORDA are for information only and do not necessarily need a reply.... thank you. The posts by bigdog v2 are the views of bigdog v2 and not ORDA, the Chairman or the Committee.
ORDA is it really that difficult to answer a simple question like "what point scoring races in 2011 contributed to the "ORDA championship" ? .. unless as suspected you cannot come up with the correct combination to match the awards you have awarded ?
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #55

3b

as ORDA have been unfair to 3b it would be a nice jesture to offer ALL 3b crews free entry to tq, what do you think??
Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #56
A N Other

Thank you RHINO for your post.

Ref races / events please contact your Club ? or the RYA as ORDA do not know and you are not a current member ! (we only know details of Torquay and Littlehampton).

The Chairman would like it known that he denies your comment about people not talking to you. You openly admit that you covertly try to contact a (Committee member ???) and are surprised they don't accept the call (if indeed they could !).

We are sorry to hear you did not attend the AGM or dinner and dance but ORDA do not accept the comment about not supporting its racing members as the Club tries to do best for all members where possible.

The reason that ORDA withdrew from its participation of the 3b Worlds was because NO ONE had committed to enter even the two teams you speak of. A trip was kindly undertaken to rally some entries from overseas but ORDA were told no letters of intent were completed, however people were told that in fact five had been brought back ??? !!!

The point you make about finances we cannot and will not comment on.

Due to the regulatory body seeking confirmation of transferring of event title Club some people were told it MAYBE cancelled.

The cancelled event was NOTHING to do with any ORDA member !!!

With reference to the ORDA trailer... ORDAs property is the responsibility of the committee and the committee felt that the trailer should be back where it was promised to be returned to.

We are pleased to hear there are eleven 3b racers and look forward to welcoming them to ORDA races in 2012.

The views of bigdog v2 are the views of bigdog v2 and not that of ORDA, the ORDA Chairman or the Committee.
ORDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #57
Bob

Send a message via MSN to stewpot_smile2005 Send a message via Skype™ to stewpot_smile2005
Quote:
The views of bigdog v2 are the views of bigdog v2 and not that of ORDA, the ORDA Chairman or the Committee.
Ok the ORDA if the bigdog are his own drunken thought's.. Then who is posting as ORDA..

And I response to your previous post, yes my name is spelt Dick, and I don't have an issue with that..

I do though have an issue with the thought of Neil Jackson.. Thinking of me all the time as I know he loves the thought of my hair colour
stewpot_smile2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #58
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I think it's safe to say, Annie & Rob would turn in their graves if they saw all this ridiculous bickering going on between their beloved club and the very racers that the club was set up to support!

As would Peter & Jan.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #59

Interests: Boats, Cars.
Boat name: Splash 4
Boat make: Hunton
Engines: Mercruiser 640
Cruising area: Poole, Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
I think it's safe to say, Annie & Rob would turn in their graves if they saw all this ridiculous bickering going on between their beloved club and the very racers the club was set up to support!

As would Peter & Jan.
Well said Jon. We all need to be pulling together in what's going to be another tough year!
Pennpromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #60

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewpot_smile2005 View Post

I do though have an issue with the thought of Neil Jackson.. Thinking of me all the time )
Are you saying he's a nudger?