Boatmad.com

Old 18-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
According to the web site "Tools" look fine
or is everything fake???????????????????

avidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #22

Interests: Powerboat Racing
Boat name: Team Purple, Team Shark
Boat make: Sperstock 150, 300 race boats, Class 3s cat
Engines: Honda 150, 2.5 efi ROS*2
Cruising area: Solent

Such a shame

Such a shame that Sarah feels she needs to make comments like this in the press, she had a wonderful opportunity and things didn't work out for her - hey, there was always next year

Private teams work very hard to obtain sponsors in powerboat racing, and its really hard as many know on this website.

She is extremely lucky to get sponsorship - however if I was a sponsor at this point, I could would be wondering what was going to appear in the Independant at the end of June....

My potential RB8 sponsors called me about this article today - it was an interesting discussion.

Make no mistake this affects you all on this forum, the RYA, the UIM and organisers of events.

As I said, such a shame.

The Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #23
skull666

i dont get the comment by her that the racing is unfair, was she given a different prop or some thing. like i was given a 130 prop by accidend still run secound for 4 laps till i rolled it though.
Old 19-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to ciao!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Force View Post
however if I was a sponsor at this point, I could would be wondering what was going to appear in the Independant at the end of June....
The article was in The Daily Telegraph, not The Independent.
ciao! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciao! View Post
The article was in The Daily Telegraph, not The Independent.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Old 19-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #26
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

There was another thread on the article, comments from Sarah which has been deleted. That explaind things better

There is always 2 sides to a story and to be honest the press are very prone to misquoting rather trust Dr Mengele with a root canal than the media

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #27

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

To Honda or Not to Honda?

It is highly competitive and bound to be dangerous when 18 boats converge at well over 60 mph to the first mark. But heck it's exciting and I have never had a buzz out of anything else in my lifetime. You learn fast that you cannot just get into a 225 and race. It is a tricky unforgiving beast but when you get the hang of it, it starts to reward you as experience grows. Fantastic series and like all sports, politics are always on the edge. It's one design and as we proved in Liverpool day 2 you suffer if you don't prepare the boat too.
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #28
on the rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
It is highly competitive and bound to be dangerous when 18 boats converge at well over 60 mph to the first mark. But heck it's exciting and I have never had a buzz out of anything else in my lifetime. You learn fast that you cannot just get into a 225 and race. It is a tricky unforgiving beast but when you get the hang of it, it starts to reward you as experience grows. Fantastic series and like all sports, politics are always on the edge. It's one design and as we proved in Liverpool day 2 you suffer if you don't prepare the boat too.
well over 60 mph but not quite 70,
And unforgiving beast, so they dont handle then!!!!!! Thats a new one.
But brilliant tv viewing m8
Tricky aint gonna like calling him an unforgiving beast.
Old 19-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #29

Interests: honda
Boat name: costaplenty
Boat make: onthemake
Engines: anything that goes.

Nock NOCK--- Who is there,

HONDA THE BIGGEST FLEET RACING.
Get off their backs and do something about your own racing if you do any.
I dont but have been in powerboat racing for more years than i can remember, circyt and offshore, and all over the world, and before any own says it ,it was out off my own pockets like most volenteers.
For AVIDFANS info, he should ask alan layton about the Season that SARA drove an open deck Phantom 16 in the 1-3 class and won their first4races and they were not micky mouse races. Then went to POT.
As for her racing side in honda, in Torquay last season the 225 did not go on the water in the first race so SARA was given the 150 to drive with the owners nav beside her, you ask him what he thought of her driving then. In my oppinion Ithink that pair should be in the 150 and the team owner and Joe in the 225 , better value for the sponsor money and they do have a good one
What does Sara do for power boat racing, TV cover in this country and in the USA also some times she says the wrong things at the wrong time, like a lot of us. hope Idont offend any one
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #30

Interests: Powerboat Racing
Boat name: Team Purple, Team Shark
Boat make: Sperstock 150, 300 race boats, Class 3s cat
Engines: Honda 150, 2.5 efi ROS*2
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman View Post
HONDA THE BIGGEST FLEET RACING.

As for her racing side in honda, in Torquay last season the 225 did not go on the water in the first race so SARA was given the 150 to drive with the owners nav beside her, you ask him what he thought of her driving then. In my oppinion Ithink that pair should be in the 150 and the team owner and Joe in the 225 , better value for the sponsor money and they do have a good one

Hi Welshman, she did start the saturday in the 225 but was involved in one of those "30" incidents - - apparently steering failure, she was put in the 150 on Sunday and came 8th out of 13 finishers of which 3 had a lap deducted for some sort of penalty. 16 started, 3 retired.
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #31

Interests: Squash Kendo circuit train rock climber
Boat name: The Dragon
Boat make: 21 Searay
Engines: Merc 4.3
Cruising area: Exmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Force View Post
Such a shame that Sarah feels she needs to make comments like this in the press, she had a wonderful opportunity and things didn't work out for her - hey, there was always next year

Private teams work very hard to obtain sponsors in powerboat racing, and its really hard as many know on this website.

She is extremely lucky to get sponsorship - however if I was a sponsor at this point, I could would be wondering what was going to appear in the Independant at the end of June....

My potential RB8 sponsors called me about this article today - it was an interesting discussion.

Make no mistake this affects you all on this forum, the RYA, the UIM and organisers of events.

As I said, such a shame.
It is a shame!

If Honda isn t for Ms Donahue then she has to leave it and take the big chip off her shoulder. No one benefits from the type sensasionalism she is promoting to get her own name in the press. I have followed the Honda racing for the past couple of years and will be involved in the safety of the crews in the near future.
Yes it is dangerous - so is any sport, period! I'm sick of people knocking the Series and its boats from a distance when frankly they know very little about it (quote 'Libby sits behind Shelley')??
The Honda racing is a challenge with close responsible racing. Safety is paramount and that is the reason it is clearly taken seriously - (how many shunts are witnessed in F1, Superbike,Touring Cars )- 2 of which I have 1 st hand experience?
This is a sport for fun and not to make money, people choose it because they want to do it (including the safety support), people involved in powerboat racing should support their sport, the RYA , the organisers and each other. What sponsor would want to be involved with a bad pressed racing scene with individuals doing their washing in public.Yes it makes great reading in the press but if you are involved in this sport and revelling you are mocking yourself.

Gren.
Grenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #32
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Gren,

You dont know much about racing do you? Safety is definately *NOT* one of the priorities of HONDA, or they would have taken action already. They will be forced to take action in 2008 though...
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #33

Interests: Squash Kendo circuit train rock climber
Boat name: The Dragon
Boat make: 21 Searay
Engines: Merc 4.3
Cruising area: Exmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by verytricky View Post
Gren,

You dont know much about racing do you? Safety is definately *NOT* one of the priorities of HONDA, or they would have taken action already. They will be forced to take action in 2008 though...
With respect verytricky , I do know about racing.
I have raced boats and had success in my years , as has my son in Europe and my father but not any more. I watch this racing with avid interest and see no less regard for safety than any of the other circuits I have raced or watched.
Agreed, things will change for 2008 in terms of safety improvements (not just with that Series but with the active regulating of the RYA ), for the better of all by proactive contribution and not by force.
What would another death do for the reputation of offshore, RYA, Honda, Sponsors etc. ? Do you see the assessments and risk control for the events that I see?
Honda s priorities? I would assume they are effectively promoting their product with somewhat less risk than in their other high profile high risk sports profiles. Still with regard for the safety of the competitors.
The competitors ? Exercising theirs as anyone else s right to take part .

Gren.
Grenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #34
skull666

Quote:
Originally Posted by verytricky View Post
Gren,

i see why most people call you a **** now. you know nothing about honda power boat racing just sit back in your safety cell and go 5mph faster than us with 1 boat in front of you and one behind you, we run nice tight courses with up to 18 boats around us. honda have staged 130 races since 1999 without serious injury speaks for its self.
Old 19-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #35

UUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Temporarily Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #36
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

To be fair, I watched the Honda promotional vid at the show today, and with the sheer number of people ending up in the water, on the racing line, it's only a matter of time.

When it happens, it'll be the end of racing and not just of Honda, they'll take the other classes with them.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #37

Not meaning to stir anything but over the years the powerboat racing world has had many people die in it unfortunately. The sport has carried on through thick and thin albeit clubs have closed down throughout the decades but could that not just be down to lack of interest or money.

Isnt the batboat racing suffering a bit from the lack of entrants.

Unfortunately I am a believer of you know what you are letting yourself in for when you sign the papers before you go racing. Thats racing.

Ill shut up now
Old 19-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #38
skull666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
To be fair, I watched the Honda promotional vid at the show today, and with the sheer number of people ending up in the water, on the racing line, it's only a matter of time.

When it happens, it'll be the end of racing and not just of Honda, they'll take the other classes with them.
yea its only a matter of time for every thing in this world and we move on, its happend in the past in racing as it will again but we dont need to be on the end of i told u so
Old 19-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #39

To be honest I saw the Honda promotional vid on youtube, but I saw it as rather impressive and exciting to look at, which I guess was the whole idea of a promotional video.

I gotta start getting serious in life
Old 19-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #40
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I guess it all depends on your perception of 'impressive'.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote