Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #81
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Phew!!!! glad I put that in past tense

Anyway are the powers to be gonna check the advertising Encroachment over the number on the Maltese boat at cowes
or dont it apply in P1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m5.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	9535  

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #82
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I think, that as the greasy little wankers were one of the teams to protest Jackie & Mike, they'll be looked at with a fair amout of interest in Cowes.

That pic shows very clearly that that's a stretch! The curves and shape of the bows look completely out of proportion with the boat, tubby little 'forefoot' etc.

ho hum

Old 01-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #83
Traveling

Dunno how you could say such a thing. The 2007 boat is full of "ORIGINAL" ideas
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	aaaaa.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	9538  

Team25Racing.com

Old 01-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #84
numbskull

Quote:
Originally posted by BluFin
Dunno how you could say such a thing. The 2007 boat is full of "ORIGINAL" ideas
Whatever next
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chaudron84.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	9539  

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 01-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #85
Traveling

with a change of colour It reminds me of the ........................
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chaudron84xx.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	9540  

Team25Racing.com

Old 01-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #86
The Doc

I quite like the 84 chuffadron.................. wonder how much?
Old 01-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #87

It's a canal barge - Kennett would feel right at home!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #88
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
It's a canal barge - Kennett would feel right at home!
Funny you should say that, but my spies have been busy and I have the CD84 MkII blueprints!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chaudron84xx.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	9546  
Old 01-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #89

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rocket
Funny you should say that, but my spies have been busy and I have the CD84 MkII blueprints!
Now thats what I call boating bling....wounder if it,s also available with a rubber thingy around it
Old 01-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #90
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally posted by cfun
....wounder if it,s also available with a rubber thingy around it
Even they wouldn't stoop so low as to make one of them!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #91

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rocket
Even they wouldn't stoop so low as to make one of them!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #92

Interests: after last weekend...boat racing
Boat name: dreamer
Boat make: still saving
Engines: i wish
Cruising area: none

As a recent newcomer/supporter & potential sponsor of powerboat racing I'm totally disgusted with this so called powerboat web site. Having carried out some basic research on the history of British Power boating, I would have thought that any true supporter of their sport would be constructive & supportive of all that wish to risk their lives & money in the sport.

Having read through many threads on all this sites forums I have come to the following conclusions....

1. The individuals that run the site are not interested in the sport of racing at all. They seem to run the site for the sole purpose of fuelling their over inflated egos.

2. I gather that Mr J Fuller owns the site. Mr Fuller is either of very low intellect or should seek psychiatric help. From his posts it is obvious that he is a very ill-mannered angry man, who can't follow a logical thought process.

3. It is apparent that a select group of members want & actively seek Mr Fullers approval. As an outsider I ask...Why?

4. Mr Fuller & his select followers seem to have very strong views & opinions and love insulting people on line, but seem to avoid all personal confrontation. This is an obvious sign of cowardice, or more likely, a control freak, not liking, not being in control.

5. Mr Fuller and others seem to very knowledgeable re powerboat history. This is good but if this site is to promote the future of the sport, then all members should take a good look at themselves at the same time as looking up the definition of "sportsmanship".

As stated in my 1st post on this site, I have met the owner of the Marex boat briefly. I was a total stranger; he gave me a ride on his boat with others, no strings attached. He came across as nice genuine human being. Where as, after reading this forum,
Many of you come across as totally sad, ignorant losers.

It is obvious that after this post I will be banned. That's fine by me. I do not wish to waste my time or be in anyway associated with a site that is so detremental to the sport it is suppose to be promoting.

Advice to all……….be positive, stop being negative.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #93
Traveling

"Many of you come across as totally sad, ignorant losers"

Yes I'm total - no missing parts
Sad - sometimes
Ignorant - quite often
loser - yep quite a few times
think you missed out a few others that I could wear as well

You have made a quite sweeping statement above quite critical indeed, so with the support you say you have for the British Powerboat scene .What is your view on Chaudron ?
Do you agree or disagree with there business ethic, that of using “British” hard work and trying to pass it off as their own. or are you of the opinion that they act more like Lebanese camel salesman.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #94
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by casper
I do not wish to waste my time or be in anyway associated with a site that is so detremental to the sport it is suppose to be promoting.

Casper, i think thats a bit harsh considering this site is a "public forum"! and is not in place to support or promote the sport, its a place where discussion takes place about the sport.

If it wasnt for the "muster area" on this forum, i for one wouldnt have taken part in any racing.... there are a lot of knowledgable people/racers taking an active role of informative discussion here..
Old 02-08-2006, 08:42 AM   #95
numbskull

Wouldn't expect anything else from the kinfast camp.

Quote:
Having carried out some basic research on the history of British Power boating, I would have thought that any true supporter of their sport would be constructive & supportive of all that wish to risk their lives & money in the sport.
Why would you think that?

It's their choice to "risk their lives & money in the sport", though to be honest, I think your turn of phrase is a tad dramatic, given their boat size & speed. (and apparent commitment to performance)
If they're doing it to try and gain praise & admiration from their fellow boaters, then they're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

And do you think that one should still be 'constructive & supportive' of someone who's opinions & actions, you believe to be harmfull to British boatbuilding in the long term?

If you were 5% of what you say you are, you wouldn't have made that post, you would just ignore boatmad.com, and carry on with your life.

I suspect, going by phrases and tone used, and the general 'agenda' of the post, that this is actualy the one and only 'Kinfast' himself. If I'm right, this is at least the second time he's posted as someone else, talking about himself!
This time praising himself! Very odd indeed, and maybe the psychiatric help would be better spent on him.

I don't think I've ever come across someone quite so determined to be 'appreciated' as the great asset to powerboat racing that he appears to think he is, at any cost.
And for your information, I have never advertised boatmad as a 'supporter' of racing, it has always been a supporter of performance boating, and British performance boatbuilding.

The racing section is here, because to date, no other British site has a general discussion board for powerboat racing, so I'm pleased to be able to help the racers exchange info, but it aint part of the boatmad mission statement.

As it is, with kinfast and his cronies, you know jack shit about racing, the cottage industry of British boatbuilding, and how it all works together. So your sweeping public attack is worthless.

Any genuine opinion holder, who thought this site was so bad for the sport, would have said these things privately first, and public ally second, whereas you just want 'ink'.
Your approach, set's you on the same moral low ground that you claim I inhabit.

On the subject of cowardice, my name is Jon Fuller, like it says in my profile & email address, no secret! What’s yours oh 'brave & worthy one'?

No....? Thought not

As for this:

Quote:
I have met the owner of the Marex boat briefly. --- He came across as nice genuine human being.
Would such a person write this:

"I hear "Marex" will be racing this weekend! Will u be insulting them several times again? Or will you just be bullshitting on the forum on Monday again?

Interesting strategy:-For someone who is diss-liked and unpopular as you to bullshit and insult total strangers on a public forum in the vain attempt to be liked, is without doubt, totally stupid or very brave but definitely a very dangerous thing to do.

You obviously do not research people, before insulting them.

You need to ask yourself why people take an instant dislike to you?

The answer is....it saves time!

Cheers...an interested spectator & blood sport enthusiast."

???

FWIW, I happen to know many people that like Marc Lamont (Verytricky), I include myself in that list, and I also respect his 'A spade is a spade' approach. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that he is a 'bullshitter', on the contrary, he tells it how it is.

Now, even though you've attacked me public ally, this is as Gav says, an open forum, with varied opinions, yours is one such opinion, and of course you're entitled to it, so there's no reason to be banned, is there?

However, the moment you weaken, and your true agenda emerges, and you start to mention the Chaudron crusade, you'll be out, just like the others.

I think that's pretty fair, don't you?

In conclusion, You say you're a 'newcomer' to the sport, so clearly have little or no knowledge of it's politics & workings, It appears to me, that for someone in that uninformed position, you have quite a lot to say for yourself.

Jon Fuller
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #96

Interests: eating
Boat name: soultime
Cruising area: the cut

Quote:

3. It is apparent that a select group of members want & actively seek Mr Fullers approval. As an outsider I ask...Why?

I met the owner of marex the weekend "kinfast" and i also think that he was a nice chap.

the problem lies with chaudron and there boats, of which i think they are totally wrong!! steeling somebody's idea and passing it off as your own isn't right!.
However Mr Kinfast does, and he defends it to the extreme.

Kinfast i do not have a problem with you !! don't agree with you sometimes, but do not have a problem.

I and others on here don't follow Mr Fuller but simply agree with him.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #97
Traveling

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
my name is Jon Fuller, like it says in my profile & email address, no secret! what's yours oh 'brave & worthy one'?
Oh Johnny, everybody knows Casper is a ghost.

No not a Phantom................a Ghost

Team25Racing.com

Old 02-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #98
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Mr Fuller & his select followers seem to have very strong views & opinions and love insulting people on line, but seem to avoid all personal confrontation. This is an obvious sign of cowardice, or more likely, a control freak, not liking, not being in control.
John Fuller insults me in real life as well. As does Matt. There have been occasional insults from Tony as well. In fact they insult me more in real life than on the forums! ( we need to discuss that sometime! )
Old 02-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #99

It would be easy to police the site to death and enforce ridiculous political correctness, but that would be a great loss. The site would become yet another site full of traffic wardens devoid of personality. Of the top 20 members of the site, I know about 15 of them personally, and would call them all friends. I'm also friends with a small number of boatbuilders, all of whom own the rights to their respective boats, some of who have had their boats splashed.

Before suggesting people look up the meaning of the word sportsmanship, you should check it yourself and see how it applies to Chaudron. Fairness, Ethics & Respect clearly got missed, both by Chaudron & Kinfast, they set the precedent.

Irrespective of Paul's choice of boat, the evidence around whether it's a superior boat to a Phantom is conclusive - it is not.
It's heavy, wonky & poorly balanced. To argue otherwise is stupid - the evidence is right in front of everyone. Paul could have elected to accept his boat for what it is, and he would have been welcome to remain. Instead, he embarked on a pro chaudron crusade and made a number of especially "drunken" posts, many of which have been removed.

So why are we having this debate, yet again. Membership of boatmad is not obligatory. You, Paul, and anyone else who wishes to do so are more than welcome to set up your own site out of your own pocket. If you'd like to remain, and provide some of this "positive" influence, the rules are simple - pro splashing threads are not tolerated.

Thanks for the insults BTW. Just call me "glove puppet".

Quote:
Sportsmanship expresses an aspiration or ethos that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness and ethics and respect and fellowship for one's competitors.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #100

Boat name: rinng peas

Quote:
As a recent newcomer/supporter & potential sponsor of powerboat racing

too heer dat warrms de cokkuls ov mi hart. i amm lukin forr a mugg...err...sponnser forr mi raysin teem.

ow mucch cann yew giv mee. cassh ownly noe chekks. i noe wot yew sitty tipes arr lyke

Quote:
Mr Fuller is either of very low intellect or should seek psychiatric help.
i now wot yew meen owld chapp. itts dem pigy likkul iyes verry clowse togevver wot givs de gaim awaiy

joNo