Boatmad.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #101

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

I felt as I enjoy reading and joining in this forum I should comment, I do not know JF but I am extremely grateful that he should invest his time and money in this forum together with all the moderators, who as far as I am aware, all involved in this site do not make any money from doing so, it is done I would assume due to there passion for boating, be it pleasure or racing.
This forum has collected together many people all with the same aim to enjoy water sports, boating I always felt was a people sport, you either take friends out with you or join in with other boaters, going out, in an empty sea by yourself, very boring whats the point, so I fail to see why you mr whoever you are have to gain by alienating yourself so much against so many others, to defend a make that people so passionately hate and how could anyone blame them as Steve's boat's were so well known and people are proud of there Phantom and what they stand for, it may be that someone purchases one before truly realising the implications, but if that happens why try to rub everyones nose in it, it's only going to rebound

Old 02-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #102

Boat make: Fletcher Arrowflyte
Engines: Mercury 75

Casper,

Assuming yours was a genuine post, here is my take as a long term reader of and occasional poster to BoatMad.

- BoatMad is a forum for people mad about performance boats.

- Racers come here 'cause there're lots of knowledgeable brains to be 'picked'.

- Recreational boating saddo's like myself come here for much the same reason.

- BoatMad is not here to support powerboat racing, it's a labour of love by JF & co. AFAIK it's paid for out of JF's own pocket.

- It can be a bit cliquey but then so is every other internet forum (non-boating) that I visit. Some people join in, others stay on the edges. Human nature.

Finally and most importantly most stuff is tolerated here.

You can take the mick out of JF's diesel engines, you can diss soft southern poofters, you can laugh at others mishaps & f@ck-ups, journalists can argue over who was nasty to who first. Ginger/old/perv JF jokes even seem to be welcomed by the 'management'.

The only thing that's not tolerated is defending the theft of someone else's powerboat design & this is what the whole 'Marex' thing is about.

JF is convinced that Chaudron have copied Steve Bakers Phantom designs & the evidence seems to back him up. If you have a Chaudron you are welcome on BoatMad. If you have a Chaudron & claim it is better than a Phantom or not a copy of a Phantom you will be banned.

That's about it really.

HTH

Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #103

Interests: powerboating & ice hockey
Boat name: marex for this year
Boat make: wonky shed cowdron
Engines: twin merc 250 opti xs
Cruising area: southcoast & europe

Yes I am Kinfast...I'm not Casper...I do agree with some of what he says, but not all. I had over 30 people on my boat in Travemunde, Casper could be 1 of 5.

I own a wonky, heavy shed OK. I do not mind people having their own opinions of my boat, some I may even agree with. I do not like personal attacks aimed at me, my family or friends. I am not a violent person, as last weekend should have proved.
I am a novice to powerboat racing as last saturday obviously proves. Many took the piss rightly so about our performance saturday, on all occasions I laughed and joined in taking the piss out of myself.

We are racing the boat for the experience and a bit of fun. It beats just blasting around with the wife shouting at me to slow down. Its a good excuse to get her out of the boat. Your right, my 9 year old son told me he drives it quicker than I was at the weekend. Shame he's to young to race it. However as a novice I have taken advice from others such as Neil Holmes, Jan Falkowski
John More & Miles Jennings. All have said that you can only win by finishing. Therefore I drove like a pussy agreed (with you and my son) as it is I who has to pay for repairs and pay my medical insurance I reserve the right to drive how I see fit as long as
it does not endanger any others. Anyone who was out in their boat racing on sunday, has the right to take the piss or make any comments they like. They will be respected at all times, what ever their view on Chaudrons.

I don't think I have ever said Chaudrons are better than Phantoms. I have said and agree with others that they built a lot heavier. I even agree that mine has some faults, but thats my problem. I do not drive around with buy a Chaudron or their web address on my boat. However I do have fun in it with my family and friends. Some think its a wonky heavy slow shed, as I paid for it, thats my problem.

I like my boat obviously, if people have a problem with Chaudron that's ok with me. But I suggest they contact Chaudron with their views & stop attacking me. You can contact Chaudron on
0898 696969 or good-try@gay-malteser.com

Verytricky is right, sometimes I can be a complete w.....r. However most people who know me will also agree that most the time I'm
an honest, friendly, helpful and cheerful guy, who is just trying to have fun & be a good father to his 2 kids.

I will not be racing in P1 at Cowes for 2 reasons. 1stly I think Jan & Drew have been totally shafted to the tune of £160k+ (I hear)and as original supporters of P1 deserve a lot better. 2ndly P1 in their infinite wisdom have decided to ban outboards next season. So I see no reason in giving them the best part of £2k to make their event better, at the same time as being told we can't race next year.

We will be supporting ORDA & the RYA and be racing in the basic race around the island. It would be nice to see more boats (especially any Phantoms as they great looking fast boats) entering. It's not just about winning actually, it's about having fun burning fuel in the best way possible. Win or come last I will be smiling. With a DNF, might still be smiling, depends on the reason & how expensive to remedy.

Fun pisstakes are fine, boat or me. But lets all leave the aggressive & vindictive comments in the past & on the beach.

Anyone who wants a beer in Cowes, I'll buy them 1, as long we don't mention Chaudron or A laps!!

Cheers Paul
Old 04-08-2006, 04:55 AM   #104

Before I get banned again, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the people of ORDA, the RYA, Terry and any others who gave up their time to make the weekend a great sucsess.

I also wish to thank all the compeditors that were friendly, helpful & made us feel welcome. Even though some of them I know have
strong feelings & opinions concerning the make of my boat, which I respect. It was a very enjoyable experience, that was appreciated by me, my familly and friends. I expected to be crucified (verbal pisstake wise) after our saturday mistake. I was genuinly astonished with the friendly support and reaction of all those I spoke too. The deserved piss taking was very mild and delivered in a great sportsmanship spirit, I thought...Thanks

If I can help any of the compeditors that risked there boats last weekend, then give me a call. Shirley has my numbers.

Especially if anyone wants Mercury parts cheap.

Thanks & see you in Cowes

Paul Howes
Old 04-08-2006, 09:09 AM   #105

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

2 good posts i think
Old 04-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #106

Yeh. So are we all friends now?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #107
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Neil Holmes, Jan Falkowski John More & Miles Jennings..........
There goes the neighbourhood
Old 04-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #108
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally posted by KINPACIFIST
I like my boat obviously, if people have a problem with Chaudron that's ok with me. But I suggest they contact Chaudron with their views & stop attacking me. You can contact Chaudron on
0898 696969 or good-try@gay-malteser.com
I've thought long & hard as to whether I should reply to you in your 'latest guise', and to be honest, I probably shouldn't. ..But, you're memory is short Paul, and I'm not comfortable with the parragraph above.

Chaudron as a company didn't come to this site, saying their boats were, stronger, better and cheaper, than the Phantom they copied, YOU did! That is why YOU got the flack.

In case you've forgotten, this was your VERY FIRST post:

Quote:
Originally posted by kinfast
Asked SB to make me a Phantom 25 with cabin & other special specs. SB quoted (without engines or trailer) £ 11,500. Went for Chaudron 25 including cabin, gill braket, stainless fuel tank & fittings cost £5350. Much better build quality than Phantom, had 8
people dancing on nose, no cracks, not even hair line! To the uneducated & to put the record straight, Chaudron 25 is not a copy, the Phantom mould would not fit over a Chaudron boat.
Chaudron have taken a brilliantly designed (SB) boat & improved it. I got 79.4mph (on GPS) with 225 Optimax across Sarasota Bay in 5/6ft seas. Howerver in dead flat conditions 69mph max.

I now have Chaudron 33 with twin 225 Optimax. Best rough water boat I have ever been in. Running 21p props, max speed on GPS is 68mph but both over rev alarms go off. Not tested on larger props yet. Chaudron 33 P1 race boat does 75mph with twin 250 & running 23p props, but does not have fridge, Cooker. TV, Shower, Toilet & sleeps 5. But he won P1 British Grand Prix & I did'nt.
Now I certainly don't want to drag all this shite back up, it's utterly pointless!
But you need to understand why you got the reaction from me that you did.

Jon Fuller

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 04-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #109

"Now I certainly don't want to drag all this shite back up, it's utterly pointless! "

agreed

"But you need to understand why you got the reaction from me that you did."

understood

Like you keep saying I only post when drunk...been having therapy....lets all move on....who knows one day you may advise me on how to fit hanging baskets to my shed.

I thought my latest guise was brilliant, but you seem to have sussed it straight away, like you say don't want to drag up old pointless shit. More important matters to discuss.

How about repling to my email, either way. I've been honest and polite, understood & agreed your rules.

Can't change history....can enjoy the future.

Cheers Paul
Old 04-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #110

Interests: Repairing my boat
Boat name: TABOO
Boat make: ******** 25
Engines: Mercury Optimax 225
Cruising area: North Wales

The post above was, as you point out, kinfast's very first ... but it was reactive. Earlier in the thread in which it appears, you were verbally abusing another 'Chhhh .... you know who' customer. Maybe kinfast over reacted, but he chose to buy the boat he did, and, upon reading your disparaging remarks, felt compelled to defend his choice.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #111

FFS! Enough!

Closed Thread