Boatmad.com

Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
/280

Interests: Motorsport

P1 Growing?

Looks like P1 is about to get bigger, people call it the F1 of Powerboat racing now, i guess more will after this.

P1 Website:

Two of Powerboat P1’s top teams – Fountain Worldwide and OSG Racing – are considering adding more boats to their roster for 2009, saying that multi-boat teams is one of the strongest ways in which the sport can expand in the future. The practice would follow most other motorsport, which feature multi-car teams.
The upside of multi-boat teams would be a further increase in the professionalism of the sport, and increased entries with lower running costs due to the shared overheads of running two boats. Sports that have had increased manufacturer input to multi-car teams have had problems with increased dominance at the front of the grid, though, leaving independent privateer teams to struggle in their wake. This is a situation that Powerboat P1’s rights holders have said they’re keen to balance.
Fountain Worldwide team boss Craig Wilson has said he’s already had interest from clients to run at least one more Evolution class boats alongside the title-winning #99 Fountain Worldwide 1st4boats.com entry, and could add a couple of SuperSport-class boats for good measure.
“We’ve got another boat for a new team that want to come over and race in Powerboat P1 next year,” he said. “Our goal is definitely to have a Fountain Worldwide umbrella – two Evolution-class boats, if not three. We’ve also had three very good enquiries for SuperSport.
“I definitely think it’s a way forward. In Formula 1, they all have two-car teams. It’s good for TV, it’s a good way of running the team, it’s good for strategy – it’s good all round. We’ve already got the plan set. We just need a few signatures on a couple of dotted lines.”
OSG Racing has run boats in both the Evolution and SuperSport class this year, with the Mercury-powered #88 Kiton Outerlimits boat of Cangiano finishing third in the Evolution class, and the Mercury-powered #38 Baia High Performance Donzi of Stefano Acanfora, Renato Guidi, and Roy Capasso finishing third in the SuperSport class. Team boss Cangiano has said he’s keen to add more to the roster in 2009.
“Running the two Evolution and SuperSport class boats this year has been good, and we are considering running more boat – possibly two Evolution class entries – if we can,” he said. “The championship definitely has space for more boats, and it would be good to have them come from the existing teams.”

225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

If they let me know early enough I might be available. but will have to take 2nd spot to the UK

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #3

Interests: Rally Driving
Boat name: Double 2 Shirts
Boat make: Planatec 41
Engines: 2x625's+ From Uncle Sam
Cruising area: Solent

Two Planatec's mmmmmmmmmmmm

"Double 2 Shirts" and "Double No Shirts"

I thought there was a looming resession, and economic ebtide of liquidity....

Could Call the team "FAB" - "F..king As..ole Banks"