Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #1

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

P1 - The series that WAS!

P1!,

I have read your statement:
On behalf of many of my racing colleagues I have to say we haven't read so much much bull in all our lives!

http://www.powerboatp1.com/news/en/679/article.aspx

INVITATION TO SERIOUS RACERS:

There are 21 boats out here in Xcat in Dubai signing up...all have had to make major modifications, all are fantastically committed to the sport. All are committed to safety and we help one another.

Why on earth don't all you P1 teams now get together and join in with the other championships....who would welcome you with open arms!

If any Honda racer seriously believes this statement then frankly they are seriously deranged!!! Surely it is time for you guys to get back together under Four Nations?

The statement is a demonstration of cluching at straws!
You cannot buy the sport old bean....and I am sure a professional marketer could have saved you at least 29.9m Euros!

Jeepers!

Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #2

Interests: Thundercat Racing

I Agree all that glitters is not gold and we in the uk need to build our national classes up. Promoters come and go the RYA and UK clubs need to consentrate on established classes if we loose them and rely on promoters what happens when they have had enough. You'll never make a million in this sport unless you start with two but it's a fantastic community when we all stick together. Sorry teams to hear the sad news of P1 especially the season being so close. Hope to see you at Cowes then. Happy easter x

Fiona P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #3

Interests: Powerboats, Alpine Skiing
Boat name: Blastoff Challenger
Boat make: Fountain 38 poker run
Engines: 2 x Yanmar 440
Cruising area: Solent

Welcome to Cowes Ex P1 Racers........lets make it a Blast for the 50th!
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #4

Dozzer
big_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
v24 rocks

Boat name: bat out of hell, tooti fruty
Cruising area: LA

p1

is cowes the only race in the uk not
bigdog v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #6

I just find it unfathomable that the P1 organisation can simply dump the Supersport and Evolution classes with all the effort that must have gone with the teams and then say to their customers that they are going to prop up the Honda series. Incidentally the miserable and devious organisation has outlawed several boats in ruling that just so happen to be the most competitive from the old Honda series and incidentally, several teams that have not supported them.

P1 and the F4SA handover for me should be an organisation banned! Far from the retoric and PR fluff, many people here should understand the effect this has had not just on P1 teams but also many Honda teams. THIS IS ABOUT BUSINESS, MONEY AND EGO and I am not sure in what order but I predict that having two massive egos in the pot will soon cause a fall out.
Watch this space!

Thanks P1 and thanks your people ex F4SA for looking after yourselves and shafting the rest of us......!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #7

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
I just find it unfathomable that the P1 organisation can simply dump the Supersport and Evolution classes with all the effort that must have gone with the teams and then say to their customers that they are going to prop up the Honda series. Incidentally the miserable and devious organisation has outlawed several boats in ruling that just so happen to be the most competitive from the old Honda series and incidentally, several teams that have not supported them.

P1 and the F4SA handover for me should be an organisation banned! Far from the retoric and PR fluff, many people here should understand the effect this has had not just on P1 teams but also many Honda teams. THIS IS ABOUT BUSINESS, MONEY AND EGO and I am not sure in what order but I predict that having two massive egos in the pot will soon cause a fall out.
Watch this space!

Thanks P1 and thanks your people ex F4SA for looking after yourselves and shafting the rest of us......!!!
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #8

International Marathon Series

This is just a personal view,but the problems with P1 as luck would have it ,could have come at the right time for a rethink on Offshore Racing.
P1 was born out of the Marathon races that were run in the Med back in the late 90`s,and were made up of teams using well tried and tested boats from the past,rather like our Marathon boats.These boats were also used in the first P1 series and as we know,developed into what we have today.
Those early marathon series also incorporated on occasion the CTC,which in some ways saved the race.You can guess what`s coming now.

If the Italians are now starved of P1(they are usually the driving force),they might be amenable to go back to their med endurance series,and include some UK races,as from 2011 we need something with an International flavour to maintain our CTC.

OK,our rules need to be as they are,for to change them for better or worse would be the recipe for a fragmented situated (U.S. being a prime example),
Don`t need to spell out who the spectre of upsetting the apple cart might be,but he likes clanging sub barriers.

Maybe now is the right time to put the UK views forward to the Italians.At least one would know in advance if they chuck it out.Imagine being able to say at the 2010 CTC, that the race will go ahead in 2011 as part of an International Endurance Series.The roof would come off.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
The roof would come off.
NO NO!

Canopies are allowed now.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
Then maybe it's time to get some sleep! It may inspire you a little!!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #11

Yes,yes

Well,cut a hole in the roof,aka `Shockwave`.You can faint now Jonny!
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #12

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Then maybe it's time to get some sleep! It may inspire you a little!!

That's the best idea you have had to date, thanks for the recommendation, although I think that I have had enough inspiration for the time being thank you very much, for an Old Man like me anyway.
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
MrG

Interests: Photography

Quote:

Watch this space!

Lol.

You really are a sad, bitter man aren't you?

Good luck with X-cat though, hope you have a blast and can finally leave your F4SA days behind you and move on with your life - I'm sure a lot of people will be happier without your constant bitching and moaning.
MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
/280

Interests: Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Lol.

Good luck with X-cat though, hope you have a blast and can finally leave your F4SA days behind you and move on with your life - I'm sure a lot of people will be happier without your constant bitching and moaning.

I thought a forum was where you have an open discussion and give your opinion? or am I wrong?
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #15

Interests: Boats, design, advertising, music, movies, boats, boats, boats ;-)
Boat name: Speedy Canoe
Boat make: Aero 21
Engines: Mariner 150
Cruising area: Stockholm archipelago

Webpage for the "new" P1-series?

Does anyone know where to find news about the series? Just a few days to the first round in Yalta and I can't find anything official.
jonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

It's all a bit last minute, but some of the teams are on Facebook and Twitter - I'm hoping it will get better.

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #17

Interests: Boats, design, advertising, music, movies, boats, boats, boats ;-)
Boat name: Speedy Canoe
Boat make: Aero 21
Engines: Mariner 150
Cruising area: Stockholm archipelago

Thanks Cookee, I'm a follower of most of the teams on FB. Twitter is a plague if you ask me

It would'nt be som hard just to start up a blog for the series. That way they could spread the word easily while they get everything else in place.

I' love to be of help but Im useless at that stuff.
jonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Lol.

Yes a sad and bitter customer of Cougar and Co...but heck I have moved on to a much more exciting powerboat opportunity than Vegetable Stock!!!

So goodbye F4SA and Superbullshit.... very pleased never to be a part of you and very happy to keep my yellow boat away from you...but you never know I may chop it up into a million little yellow bits and post it back - half to Curtis and half to As(z)if....and advise them to place the contents where it may serve as a constant reminder of their folly!

Thanks for the good luck I am sure you mean it....
Old 13-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #19

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Well this is one for you Scream-it ... Seems if this article is true although obviously even if it is true a court has to agree the exact extent of how bad this Guy/organisation is ... however I guess it does add light to a lot about your anguish against this organisation ...

Article

http://www.asifrangoonwala.com/
Old 13-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
Well this is one for you Scream-it ... Seems if this article is true although obviously even if it is true a court has to agree the exact extent of how bad this Guy/organisation is ... however I guess it does add light to a lot about your anguish against this organisation ...

Article

http://www.asifrangoonwala.com/
Like I said they should be banned!...still time for me to move off the subject as it seems if you stand up and shout...like with him and his new sidekicks from Warsash you get a reputation which actually helps them!! Ironic eh? You warn people as they constantly seem to ignore the advice but sadly they find out the hard way for themselves.

Still onward and upward: have started on a planning session for a major project of truly marathon proportions!

I'll brief it when I can.