Boatmad.com

Old 13-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #1

Powerboat P1 Photos from Vigo

Just a heads up for everyone that first batch of pics from the P1 race in Vigo are now up for viewing. More coming tonight.

http://www.h2ofullthrottleforum.com/...p?showtopic=99

Enjoy.

H2O - Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #2

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Team Konrad has done very well a podium on their first showing excellent, I had guessed they had the speed to compete against the others in P1 by their average time in the bay run of the CTC, however I personally still don't like the idea of being stripped of your win as Baja high performances has been due to exceeding the 85mph average speed imposed, having been beaten by Conham yachts all season it is natural to test and test until you have found the extra mph needed to overtake as teams do and going by the amount of times they exceeded the limit looks like they have found 90+mph good going
Honeyparty wins and Fountain second the Brits are really excelling in evolution looking forward to hearing the outcome of today's endurance race hopefully the Brits will do it yet again
Come on P1 get the act together how about putting up the winners from each race with average times/speeds this used to be done, as far as I can see you don't even update the standings till after the event, poor show and don't say it's to allow for protests, do something about it now ... oh ye and bring back a British round as there are more and more British teams/boats kicking ass and deserve to show their home crowds the P1 pizzaz ... thanks

PS ... I note the giant black boat sponsored by Cunard did not compete in Super Sport is this because it has a pore power to weight ratio of 484KG to 1hp and is also canopied or should I say has entire suites for safety

Old 14-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #3

Why would they have a british round when the organisers get paid to stage an event. Over here they have to pay a small fortune to stage a race.
There is alot that needs to change over here.
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
Team Konrad has done very well a podium on their first showing excellent, I had guessed they had the speed to compete against the others in P1 by their average time in the bay run of the CTC, however I personally still don't like the idea of being stripped of your win as Baja high performances has been due to exceeding the 85mph average speed imposed, having been beaten by Conham yachts all season it is natural to test and test until you have found the extra mph needed to overtake as teams do and going by the amount of times they exceeded the limit looks like they have found 90+mph good going
Honeyparty wins and Fountain second the Brits are really excelling in evolution looking forward to hearing the outcome of today's endurance race hopefully the Brits will do it yet again
Come on P1 get the act together how about putting up the winners from each race with average times/speeds this used to be done, as far as I can see you don't even update the standings till after the event, poor show and don't say it's to allow for protests, do something about it now ... oh ye and bring back a British round as there are more and more British teams/boats kicking ass and deserve to show their home crowds the P1 pizzaz ... thanks

PS ... I note the giant black boat sponsored by Cunard did not compete in Super Sport is this because it has a pore power to weight ratio of 484KG to 1hp and is also canopied or should I say has entire suites for safety
ok, like any other genie I only grant three wishes at a time.....anything else I can do for you?
AngharadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngharadG View Post
ok, like any other genie I only grant three wishes at a time.....anything else I can do for you?
Err ... No the times ave speeds and placings for each event will do nicely thank you, I guess the bit about a Uk venue was just plain silly and even beyond a great genies abilities given our reluctance to stomp up any cash ... it's just nice to dream of P1 RAZZ and not forgetting the girls ....... thank you oh genie for the reply

And well done Honeyparty overall evolution victor in Vigo way to go
Old 15-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #6

Interests: Lots of things
Cruising area: Basingstoke ring road.

Quote:

I agree! Its like telling a race horse to slow down! with boats like they are how can 85 mph be such a speed limit!

Soon they'll be in a great long line all doing the same speed.

Next they'll have speed cameras on buoys next.
Shelbysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
marketing guy

Engines: huge
Cruising area: bath

Send a message via ICQ to Jim O'Toole Send a message via Skype™ to Jim O'Toole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbysteve View Post
I agree! Its like telling a race horse to slow down! with boats like they are how can 85 mph be such a speed limit!

have you ever flipped a bpat at 90 mph.......our pilots, officials, the UIM and others who know recommend 85mph.......their necks on te line , sp their voices win that arguement

their safety is number one concern....on this point, spectators come a distant second.
Jim O'Toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
marketing guy

Quote:
Err ... No the times ave speeds and placings for each event will do nicely thank you, I guess the bit about a Uk venue was just plain silly and even beyond a great genies abilities given our reluctance to stomp up any cash ... it's just nice to dream of P1 RAZZ and not forgetting the girls ....... thank you oh genie for the reply

they worked very hard, overcame a lot of bad luck and deserve the hangovers today,.....good job
Old 16-09-2008, 12:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O'Toole View Post
have you ever flipped a bpat at 90 mph.......our pilots, officials, the UIM and others who know recommend 85mph.......their necks on te line , sp their voices win that arguement

their safety is number one concern....on this point, spectators come a distant second.
Respect to you on that one.

There are some on here or should i say were, that mention we risk life and limb.
On a personal not i would never risk either, if speed exceeds safety than we must prevent, at all cost.
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to ciao!
Interesting comment

Commenting on the announcement of the official result Maltese pilot Aaron Ciantar said: "We had a bad start having to race for the first laps behind two boats. We gradually managed to get on to second place behind the Italian duo Stefano Acanfora, and Renato Guidi of Baia High Performance team.
"I had the feeling that they were exceeding the average speed and so decided to stay behind them limiting ourselves to our standard 85mph. If Angelo and I had decided to try and overtake Big Sergio we would have risked over speeding ourselves so we decided to play it safe and finish in second place."

Which you could construe that every so often a supersport boat does run at at 90mph even if only for a brief time? (I guess that Aaron had to be driving at a fair pace to catch up the DQ'd boat)

All above safety points noted - perhaps some new weight penalties etc. for 2009?
ciao! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
marketing guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciao! View Post
Commenting on the announcement of the official result Maltese pilot Aaron Ciantar said: "We had a bad start having to race for the first laps behind two boats. We gradually managed to get on to second place behind the Italian duo Stefano Acanfora, and Renato Guidi of Baia High Performance team.
"I had the feeling that they were exceeding the average speed and so decided to stay behind them limiting ourselves to our standard 85mph. If Angelo and I had decided to try and overtake Big Sergio we would have risked over speeding ourselves so we decided to play it safe and finish in second place."

Which you could construe that every so often a supersport boat does run at at 90mph even if only for a brief time? (I guess that Aaron had to be driving at a fair pace to catch up the DQ'd boat)

All above safety points noted - perhaps some new weight penalties etc. for 2009?

we didn't construe it ,...we measured it and penalised them,,,,they got a 6 minute penalty for exceeding the speed limit and dropped places accordingly, tho' they took the podium
and were advised later , so everyone moved up, shame for those who missed out on the actual podium, but the got the points later
so aaron was right, they were speeding and got caught

6 minutes was judged a realistic penalty by the jury
Old 16-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #12
marketing guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbysteve View Post

steve

your missing the point on this,,,if it was going to be like that it would have happened already, regardless of the magic number they'd all be in your notional line,,,,,,the other factors that go into racing kick in and someone wins,,,,,,,teamwork, set up, trim, props, driving and throttling ability, cojones in taking the racing line at the first mark, navigational ability etc.....

to paraphrase orson wells ...not all 85 mph boats are equal.

btw.....we don't need speed cameras when we have a datalogging and gps timing system

jim.
Old 16-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
marketing guy

Quote:

this will sound daft BUT, we don't put the results on our website until they're official......that means until protest windows have closed and until the UIM commish and the OOD sign the officia paperwok

your point about times is a good one, leave it with us

jot
Old 16-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #14

Interests: Racing Rubber
Boat name: Comfortably Numb
Boat make: SR9
Engines: Yanmar
Cruising area: Over there

A few pics from our travels to vigo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boatmad2.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	17578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	17579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ciggy.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	17580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Honey Party.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	17581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Honey Party 1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	17582  

Name:	Boatmad.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	17583  
Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #15

The voomvoom.com totty get sucked in by the big budget.
Vee on da scooter
And Team Konrad trying to figure the front from the back.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HP.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	17584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Konrad.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	17585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vee.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	17586  
Old 16-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #16

I should not be allowed up on ladders with camera's.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cleavage.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	17587  
Old 16-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #17

Interests: Rally Driving
Boat name: Double 2 Shirts
Boat make: Planatec 41
Engines: 2x625's+ From Uncle Sam
Cruising area: Solent

Ladders

Keep up the good work....................
Old 18-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #18

It seems it's happened again team Konrad finished on the podium in their first P1 race but have unfortunately been found to be underweight relegating them down the table ... perhaps team Konrad can explain what happened ???
It has been said that the Merc 500Hp engine used in the OSS some years back, strait out of the box had around 480-490ish HP where as the 525HP current OSS engine can produce anything up to 535-538HP strait out the box leading teams into trouble although not all dynometers show the same results however if you weigh the boat in at 1050Hp at 4.5KG per 1HP = 4725KG, should the engines came out at 535HP on the dyno you would be 90KG short as I assumed happened to Jackie and Mike some years back in Extremeboat then ARPRO
Vigo looks a really stunning place to hold a race and going by the success of the event and huge crowds p1 seam to have come up trumps next year I will have to plan my trip
Old 18-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #19

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
It seems it's happened again team Konrad finished on the podium in their first P1 race but have unfortunately been found to be underweight relegating them down the table ... perhaps team Konrad can explain what happened ???
When they weighed the boat at Drivers last month it was (I think) 450kgs underweight.
Old 18-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #20

Remeber Konrad would have to declare their hp even as a wild card . I very much doubt that they had a DYNO sheet with their engines so their weight would have been worked out on the declared hp. So they would have known what weight they needed to be at the end end of the race but maybe underastimated the consumption of the 525's.

This said they were a wild card and racing for points. I think its safe to say that they had a wicked time.