Boatmad.com

Old 23-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #41

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I see you're in Plymouth - maybe we should have a beer and discuss it face to face sometime? You could always come out in my race boat and Temporarily Insanes Phantom 21 to compare stability!

ps When 225's started you had to do a season in 130's before they would let you in a 225 - even though it was ex OCR and Class III drivers asking!
Now we're talking. There should be enough boats around now to arrange meets and have a bit of fun. Now several honda boats in the region so why don't we organise a run out in the Sound sometime with a whole group of us? Fun for us and great for people to see. May venture out this weekend as engine needs a run following maintenance.

Yep I know. They hold you outside in the start and I think most people are sensible enough to stay out the way in the beginning. The OOD does assess suitability. I had a lot of advice and caution from OOD at the start. We just wanted to finish and I can tell you in Torquay we were elated at doing just that. The danger may come if a newcomer enters with 'winning' in their mind.

Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #42

Scream it, Im game on for a bit of a blast during the warmer months.

With regards to Torquay, I was lucky enough to have a race on Sunday with Johnny12t who I will say drove the boat supurbly with only one or two bottom tightening moments due to rather large waves Unfortunately navigational error was our downfall otherwise we would have been third

I also was there on the Saturday and boy was it rough, if that was youre first race then well done to finish in one piece. Baptism by fire springs to mind

Overall it made for an excellent spectator sport

Temporarily Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #43

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Hope some of you Honda guys plan to do the Brass Monkey should liven things up and keep the other offshore classes on their toes
Old 23-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #44

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
Now we're talking. There should be enough boats around now to arrange meets and have a bit of fun. Now several honda boats in the region so why don't we organise a run out in the Sound sometime with a whole group of us? Fun for us and great for people to see. May venture out this weekend as engine needs a run following maintenance.

Yep I know. They hold you outside in the start and I think most people are sensible enough to stay out the way in the beginning. The OOD does assess suitability. I had a lot of advice and caution from OOD at the start. We just wanted to finish and I can tell you in Torquay we were elated at doing just that. The danger may come if a newcomer enters with 'winning' in their mind.
i doubt anyone enters hoping they lose/come last
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #45

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
i doubt anyone enters hoping they lose/come last
To be honest we had 2.5 hours in a brand new boat and it was heading toward a Force 7 for our first race ever. Boats were breaking down right left and centre. I have to agree despite the terror we 'raced' alongside and beat the germans and neither of us knew how to keep the boat down and beating them was a big bonus! At one stage my intro to powerboat racing felt more like the space shuttle. My navigator just kept shouting oh f...g hell on the impacts but we got around and waved as the leaders lapped us over and over! Sometimes in life one has to be sensible and be prepared to lose. If you lose well, when you win you're in heaven!! But don't know yet as we have only led a race once and that was the last one! But onwards and upwards eh?
It's not the winning that counts etc etc....
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #46

Interests: RACING
Boat make: T850
Engines: YAMAHA 70
Cruising area: EXMOUTH

I love it when you bite..go on. BITE ME!

Looks like i did

Get a life looser
You so called professional...
ha ha thats a f**king laugh
daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #47

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

Now,now girls toys and vibraters back in pram please!!!!!!!!!!!!
TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #48

well havent been on for a while looks like things are hotting up..........seems by the results for the year serretta if you had spent less time picking your nose you might have finished higher in the table with a little practice........still doing the washing i see
avidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #49

ooooh by the way at least out of the harbour honda turn a corner and not head in straight lines you cant get lost in a straight line
avidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #50

Boat name: Johnny-Rude
Boat make: a few
Engines: Seagull with hi five prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidfan View Post
you cant get lost in a straight line
No but you won't get home unless you plan to circumnavigate the world
Old 23-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #51

Interests: Racing Boats? Building Superyachts.
Boat name: Atlantic Challenger
Boat make: 1 x Honda 27ft race - 1x 17m Challenge prototype
Engines: 225 - tickled. Force Rotax 500 hp x 4
Cruising area: All of UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by saretta View Post
Sorry shara, but you go on about all this, and the delmar boat, as if it was new, and you were doing all the testing.
Its been a top running boat all its racing life, and yes like them all, from new could do with that little ltc, but it is a quick boat against the others.
And sorry, but maybe Tony should of asked me to race it, as its always been that little quicker than mine.
Its time to stop all the shit, face up to you could not do honda, leave honda to do what they do, and move on to your next task, and good luck with it.
I wish i was doing the Round Britain 2008 race.
Listen DAZE you nob. You seem to have a huge lack of knowledge about boats already. I can’t remember, but how many minutes have you been racing powerboats...?
Just because a boat ‘used’ to run quick, doesn’t mean to say that it will run quick for the rest of its life. Especially when others around it have found the art of hull blueprinting as instant progression and an extra 4mph! Do you think things last for ever?
Aww , It’s very Hollywood, but it’s not real life...you seemed to completely ignore James Shep comments....which were the same as mine by the way..yawn yawn yawn...Christ this is draining.... Or did you overlook them because you know that he is always right and god forbid the Donohue actually knows her shit! Couldn’t have that then could we nobby??

What friggin testing? We wish. Team Never Ready had us on the water for a grand total of no more than about 8hrs (race speed) in total including races. Infact that’s generous. Very generous (the charity day isn’t included..that was a calm day) In fact half of that was spent getting the prop to where it is now (not with the big 1 inch hole in it)And getting the gouges out of the hull so it at least was nearly stable.

I spent more hours picking my nose than testing. I remember the days of testing at 6am in the snow to catch the tide. Did someone say ‘never ready’...Of course we were last...how cool ..last out of 18. That took a lot of no work to get that. So friggin funny. Great story I tell everyone.... .. Broke a bit for sure in the past. That’s racing. Cookee, when the engine was hanging on by 1 cable under the boat in Cowes after we had had the shit kicked out of us in seas bigger than Canary Wharf. We were last weren’t we?? I’m having flash backs.....did we almost die out there? Ah...I remember the days....we were lucky to have survived, let alone cross the line. That poor XR2 ...did we drift over, paddle over...or what???

But again...Scottboy asked a question. I answered it, you jumped in with about as much knowledge of boats as a camel. But then again..you are all Devon boys and there's a lot of sheep down there, so you tend to flock together a lot sticking up for each other even when you are obviously out of your depth. Did James Shep get it all wrong then when he tested it after I drove it, you never commented on that..you kinda brushed over it...Aww..bless

Just remember, you're a Honda driver, if you go out of the harbour you'll get lost on a proper race course and always have in the back of your mind that 15 to 20 years ago, 1.3ltr boats little 16ft phantoms with 90hp on the back were going faster than you lot are going now and in bigger seas...oh dear. Honda looks good but it's all going backwards....

Merry Merry Christmas. Ho! Ho! Ho!
I love it when you bite..go on. BITE ME![/QUOTE]
Dellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #52

Interests: Racing Boats? Building Superyachts.
Boat name: Atlantic Challenger
Boat make: 1 x Honda 27ft race - 1x 17m Challenge prototype
Engines: 225 - tickled. Force Rotax 500 hp x 4
Cruising area: All of UK

Sarah,

All this stuff you are putting out is total rubbish.
Its not even interesting.
You ve dragged Honda through a rough time with your girlie articles purley to promote yourself leaving me to embarrassingly pacify the owners - your style of PR is selfish-look at the Honda Calander - you want to be seen all glossy as a powerboat queen with Delmar s boat and then single handedly try to wreck the Series for everyone.
Delmar were innocently draggged into this position by you as were the team and this compromised our position. I had no issues with them letting off steam here as you would too.
The members of the team are entitled to their opinion as are you but your content is doing nothing to justify your position or anyone elses here.
There was nothing wrong with the boat as you say that would make it any different from the problems all boats have when racing. It sounds as if your exaggeration justifying your performance last Season.
Judging by the way you write the slant on Devon boys is just another childlike outburst these people would expect from you. You need to grow up, stop living in the past, respect the privacy of others when you selfishly promote yourself and move on. That podium you think you still stand isn t there anymore so stop trying to convince everyone and his dog that it is.
Dellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #53

i will go with you on this one tony things just dont add up we finished 3 races last season i finnished 2 and cris finnished one he has never driven before and we beat sara in the championship, 4 cut outs a race i get 4 a lap mmmmm
skull666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #54

Boat name: Hummingbird
Boat make: Cougar US1 33
Engines: 330 V8 on TRS drive
Cruising area: South coast

Been reading all this about 225. As far as I can remember Sara has been more of a navigator than a driver?
TRAVELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELLER View Post
Been reading all this about 225. As far as I can remember Sara has been more of a navigator than a driver?
yea sara should clear this one up for us, no one seems to know what your racing history is, can you tell us how many podiums you have had as a driver and how many as a navigator
skull666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull666 View Post
yea sara should clear this one up for us, no one seems to know what your racing history is, can you tell us how many podiums you have had as a driver and how many as a navigator
That one is a bit of a loaded question, but then it could be asked of many people who consider themselves a legend in the racing world.
racefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #57

Interests: not getting my fags wet
Boat name: Baccaruda Rescue
Boat make: Binliner 175
Engines: OMC tractor
Cruising area: Hoo (medway)

surely its time to knock this thread on the head
im fanatical about my racing in OCR i would never knock any
form of powerboat racing as i know the dedication and money
that is involved in what is basicaly now clubman racing
but jeez!!! you lot are even putting me off
mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #58

Interests: not getting my fags wet
Boat name: Baccaruda Rescue
Boat make: Binliner 175
Engines: OMC tractor
Cruising area: Hoo (medway)

Oh By the way i do this for fun its nice to get away for the weekends
with what i consider to be good friends (only until were on the water then the gloves are off)
mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #59

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mell View Post
surely its time to knock this thread on the head
im fanatical about my racing in OCR i would neve knock any
form of powerboat racing as i know the dedication and money
that is involved in what is basicaly now clubman racing
but jeez!!! you lot are even putting me off
i agree,although entertaining for a while,its now going round in circles,people will always have there views and opinions,some different to others.
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #60

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

BORING

TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote