Boatmad.com

Old 25-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post

I would say the RB8 web site was well informed but i darn't as your head will explode
Perhaps when ML & I got together and posted daily on the RB08 site it set a standard.

Perhaps we shouldn't be looking for that information on other event websites?

(Unless it's my sites -
http://www.britishpowerboatracingclub.co.uk
http://roundbritainrace.co.uk
)

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Perhaps when ML & I got together and posted daily on the RB08 site it set a standard.

Perhaps we shouldn't be looking for that information on other event websites?

(Unless it's my sites -
http://www.britishpowerboatracingclub.co.uk
http://roundbritainrace.co.uk
)
You set a standard that needs to continue.

It appeared to me a few years ago that every thing was so secret about who had entered with what boats resulting in nothing.

If i'm going to spend my cash on an expensive entry fee then i want to see progress.

Take a look at RB12 they expected £500 down payment 2 months ago and 30% of entry fee ( for us £4000 ) in 3 months yet theres nothing on the web site or in the media.

Sorry but that just doesn't make good business to me.

hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #23

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
You set a standard that needs to continue.

It appeared to me a few years ago that every thing was so secret about who had entered with what boats resulting in nothing.

If i'm going to spend my cash on an expensive entry fee then i want to see progress.

Take a look at RB12 they expected £500 down payment 2 months ago and 30% of entry fee ( for us £4000 ) in 3 months yet theres nothing on the web site or in the media.
Sorry but that just doesn't make good business to me.
In the build up to RB08 questions were asked by certain individuals as to what was happening to all the entry fee money and what would happen if the race didn’t go ahead. I thought that those questions where fair as no one knew me from Adam, after all there was a lot of money at stake. I was eventually “persuaded” by John Puddifoot and Co at the RYA, albeit reluctantly, to provide proof as to what would happen to all the money if the race didn’t go ahead.
This resulted in us designing and providing a staged repayment plan if things went wrong 6 months 4 months 2 months before the race and Dean Gibbs has wisely copied this for 2011.
I see none of these guarantees from 2012 or from the Irish and yet the figures are bigger in the case of RB12. Interestingly, the RYA do not appear to be requesting these guarantees for those putting down deposits of hard earned cash, as they did with me. Not good news.

I look forward to being contradicted and will of course apologise if I have this wrong.
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #24

Mike
I believe what you are saying is organisers should give security to teams especially with large entry fees; making sure that team funds will not be used as an escape goat if things go wrong. Personally I agree... Therefore don’t say you are going to put an event on if you haven't got the funding in place... you can't risk other people’s money! Or do others think that's fine?

I am sure as the 'ISA' are involved in the organisation of this event, we saw Denis Dillon heading the launch, they will act with integrity similar to the RYA and as he said the RIR will be on... I'm sure it will be a fantastic event! It just would be nice to have substantial info now... everything should be in place I would have thought if you are coordinating such a large scale festival - there are only about 17 weeks to go and the boats will be in transit...

Come on RI... get your website alive with info about the event, not worried who might race but what's going to happen. Boats might not turn up without security given...

Seems that the P750 boys can’t work their European Championship out either from the posts on the RIR site... it hasn't even got the right pics up...lol bet they love whoever put them on the site... what a big mistake!

RIR will be a GREAT successs we all hope and not RIP it didn't happen. The more info the teams get the more everyone will be positive!
Old 27-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #25

Boat make: 9m RIB

Im just loging on to the Round Ireland site to pay for my registration. Will be a great event and really looking forward to it.

Tom
TomLinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrib View Post
I can confirm we now have 66 regiistrations
Is this 66 paid deposit entries or 66 registered forms of interest as per the form on the website?

If so, how many actual confirmed teams do you have as paid entries.

A list of teams and in which classes would be cool.
Old 29-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #27

???
Old 29-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #28
longbow

Interests: Life.
Cruising area: South Coast

Is there any solid evidence that this race will happen? It all appears to be a bit of wishful thinking.

Has anyone acutally entered and put there money down?
longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #29

My team put our money down this morning. Got our receipt and were asked for boat info and team profiles this pm.
Old 31-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #30

@ 'are you lying?' (..strange name!) - "..seems that the P750 boys can’t work their European Championship out either from the posts on the RIR site"

Just a quick heads-up on that one - I'm part of Thundercat Racing Ireland and we race under the P750 banner (national authority doesn't recognise 'Thundercat' name). It's worthwhile noting that this isn't a case of us not being able to work our European Championships out ....we're not actually involved (at this moment) in any of the activity related to it!! It's all down to the organisers of the Round Ireland and the ISA ..... nothing to do with Thundercat Racing.

Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of time before the event and it's quite possible that we'll be buried deep in the thing at some point .... if asked. And I don't wish to take from any of the work that the organisers are currently doing - it's a big gig and first time out. I just didn't want you guys thinking that the Thundercat community over here were letting the side down.
blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #31

lol... strange name... suits the owner! lol I have seen people promise the world and deliver so until the facts are on the table I never believe what I read or hear.. hense the name... lol

FACT for RIR there is talk of the race, some glossy advanced info about the race.. now waiting for the FACTS. Feel sorry for you TC guys in Ireland, sounds very messy there? Dont you have 2 classes like the UK ZC and TC? What's P750? thought that was a set of UIM Rules that TC's use??

Still waiting for info on RIR
Old 02-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #32
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
Seeing Martin Lai's boat listed on the BPRC club site reminds me about the sinking of his boat in last years CTC, don't know if you can get cover to help with what was know doubt a very expensive rebuild, anyone know if he has got it all up and running again
It's been under new ownership for some time now. Was bought without power after it's dunking.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #33

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
It's been under new ownership for some time now. Was bought without power after it's dunking.
OK thanks for the reply do you know if it is being rigged for the marathon series or has it's days as a race boat finished and from now on a couple of fishing rods is more like it

I Hope Martin Lai has not been put off racing after his sinking, and will be back with his sponsor to have another go in a new faster steed Cookee should ring him see if he's in the market for a new BananaShark, seem to recall he even did the Brass Monkey some years back but broke down on the 1st or 2nd lap
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28

It's being rigged for Marathon, but as the new owner has chosen not to publicise this, I don't feel it's my place to do so.

All will be revealed.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #35
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
OK thanks for the reply do you know if it is being rigged for the marathon series or has it's days as a race boat finished and from now on a couple of fishing rods is more like it

I Hope Martin Lai has not been put off racing after his sinking, and will be back with his sponsor to have another go in a new faster steed Cookee should ring him see if he's in the market for a new BananaShark, seem to recall he even did the Brass Monkey some years back but broke down on the 1st or 2nd lap
Martin Lai already has another boat for P1 - sadly our little 34' boat is much too small for P1 in either class.

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #36

do we have any more info on the race now? how many entries? As being one of the teams that have paid, I would like to be kept upto date.

Many Thanks.
Old 15-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #37

Who is entering from here?
Old 15-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #38
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLinley View Post
Who is entering from here?
We're hoping to be in Cowes with the new 34 to give Jon a race - anyone else for Class E?

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #39
longbow

Interests: Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
We're hoping to be in Cowes with the new 34 to give Jon a race - anyone else for Class E?
I think you will find that TomLinley is talking about the Around Ireland Race.

Why don't they print more information.
longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #40

Interests: Powerboat racing & Rallying

I have been told by a very reliable source that a brand new 'Around Ireland Race' website is due to be launched soon, and this will have all the information that most people have been waiting for.

Chris Davies is offline   Reply With Quote