Boatmad.com

Old 18-12-2007, 02:43 PM   #21

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

fair play ,good post. so come on monkey who are you,im fed up with people hiding behind forum names

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #22
CB1

Lock up your horses.

CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #23

I would suspect that Marc didn't send Chris a Chistmas card this year
Old 18-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #24

Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

v24

Tricky,you say ORDA can no longer ban you from national events,that is quite right.ORDA does not have to put on national races for v24 either
RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #25
Lance

Interests: most make boat go faster!
Boat name: have customer key board!!
Boat make: the most horse power
Engines: black is beautiful!! not fussy
Cruising area: if there's boats im there

Hello all!

Had enough of this bollox one way traffic from a wanabe racer who seems to have nothing better to do than play computers all day and generally try and fu@k up powerboat racing!!!

Lets get the record straight!

Cliff Smith is trying to get one of the best racing series up and running again after it was destroyed by rules being pushed beyond thier limits by a sertain racer to allow himself to win which generally pis@ed all the competitors off in 2004. It then started up with a small fleet and has gone down hill due to our good old friend tricky over the bollox he keeps putting on hear and the sh1t then comes out on a regular basis. He quotes that in 2007 they all pulled out because of taem smith, nav and engineer crap!! v69 not allowed upset too many people! v24 rolled it couldn't win championship pulled out! v1 driver and nav lovers tiff pulled out how the hell has that got anything to do with team Smith but of course tricky you wouldn't know cos you were not their!! keep opinions to yourself!!

Thankfully Cliff kept on racing to keep the v24 name out there and could if any of the other boats had re-entered could have cost him the championship plus he also tryied to get other teams back out there.He still had entry fee's fuel and breakages to pay for so credit due!!!!! I find it amazing that you have the cheek to comment, as you claim that you hold the v24 records and you were the only one there!! kettle and pot black etc !!!!

You commented about the 4 he has and why were they not out there! He has only just got them but he did manage to one out there in Torquay not bad considering that it had just been rolled and he pick it up a couple of days prior to the event!! Oh credit due again then!! You mention about racing against you Martyn and Geoff Martyn chose not to race this season after myself and him having our disagreements, all you had to do was turn up when allowed race oh and something you dont regually do and thats finsh, Geoff ?? who's Geoff no none by that name races v24 in national series (may be an imaginery friend as you dont have any real ones!)

Springbok mik no one warned you probably cos your a nob and no body likes you 'couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, springs to mind!!

With regards to the speed of the boats for next season if cliff wanted to win surrely he would pick the fastest one of his fleet NO he's keeping his v2 and all the boats are being preped by me so there can be no cheating unlike the previous years me thinks! V69 always beeing a fair bit quicker and it aint the driver!

'Disgrace the boats even more' no mark your the one that does that prouve is in the pudding your the only one thats ever been banned!!! take a long look in the mirror wot you see anit pritty!!! sooner you realise the better! Lets hope you dont cost us the worlds in 2008 NOB

'Trickey would rather win with 15 boats' he cant even win with four and when there was 12, his boat won with pete in the seat and well with mark cant rember any podiums!! The last couple of years yes some wins well done but a hell of a lot more broke this broke that la la la la, Balls and ability spring to mind!!!

'Cliff won with an illegal engine' yet again talkin bollox!! all of cliffs kit is straight and complies 100% to the rule book, i know i built it!! and would love for it to be stripped by a scrutineer just to wipe that stupid smile off your face! couldn't find anything wrong with in cowes could they how ever large your hissy fit was! I find it amazing that i have to waste my valuable time to reply to your bollox, but some one has to deffend cliff and try and keep the v24,s running. I also spent two days of my time last week watching your engine being stripped at salterns and at Geoff Pervs to try ease the tension between the teams and try and build bridges and turned a blind eye to the non Volvo parts that may or may not have given you any performance gain that were in your engine when the rules state that volvo genuine ONLY!!! after which i wish i hadn't then spoke to cliff and we discussed the options about considering letting you race in his series, yes not 2008 cos we would like it to work but if you stop all this sh@t on here then 2009 you could! NOT A FU@KING CHANCE!! You need help !! 'medical'

With regards to your engine seals this and that! Your engine was sealed on assembly by the RYA yes but was only stripped to remove the heads which had 3 angle seats cut in them (to increase performance) to replace them as you cant go back, with new std ones and oh the olds no no were to be seen please think before you ahhhh type!!!

Any way worn my fingers out and piss'd off! still now your engines out keep up with the carbon neutral fill the engine room with soil plant some trees in there cos you now have a V24 plant pot! call Weeks you could start a v24 flower arranging club!!

Ps sorry for any grammer or spelling i fix engines dont sit at the computer all day.

Hope this clarifies a few things!
This is a great opertunity to get a great series up and running again with Cliff and Andy steering it and hopefully with the help of the founder Mr Charles Guardenier.

RACE ON THE WATER NOT IN THE CAR PARK OR COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #26

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

fair play,good post. i have a feeling it wont end there ,but it should
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #27
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
fair play,good post.
Good post? Have you got a feckin Babelfish or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
With regards to your engine seals this and that! Your engine was sealed on assembly by the RYA yes but was only stripped to remove the heads which had 3 angle seats cut in them (to increase performance) to replace them as you cant go back, with new std ones and oh the olds no no were to be seen please think before you ahhhh type!!!!!
Anyone care to translate this into English? I think he's saying that Tricky was caught cheating, but I'm not sure.

If you've got some decent dirt on him, at least make it comprehensible!
Old 18-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #28
jw.

Interests: Hole maker
Boat make: Humber Ocean Offshore
Engines: KAD 300/DPX

I dunno but I think he's referring to the valve seats, which would commonly be a flat 45°, having a chamfer angle inside the port and also one outside in the combustion chamber area producing a seat nearer to a radius. A radius with a tiny 45° seat on it would be the ideal. If the inside cut was big, it would effectively increase the valve area too.

Ooo...if it's true, it sounds like cheatin to me...

For the sake of fairness, I'd best say that if the seats were recut because they were worn and this produced a seat which was wider than the Volvo specs then bringing it back to standard width by chamfering each side would be the normal practise. I've no idea what the regs make of this.

Old 18-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #29

Didn't the merc 377 scorpion motor have a 3 angle valve job. (Most powerful stock small block engine package they made?)

Checking my book (jw ) it says improved air flow can be found by radiusing both the seat and the valve. Appears to also be referred to as "venturi valve seats", or "Radius Seats", or "Multi-Angle Seats".

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #30

So'm I. So how bout it Doris, you gonna fess up or what?

[quote=Carl;122243im fed up with people hiding behind forum names[/quote]
Old 18-12-2007, 11:43 PM   #31
jw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Checking my book (jw ) it says improved air flow can be found by radiusing both the seat and the valve. Appears to also be referred to as "venturi valve seats", or "Radius Seats", or "Multi-Angle Seats".
Smarty pants. These are all a bit different. The valve heads can also be modified but a true venturi port will be enlarged before the valve and the ports and valves shaped to produce a venturi when the valve is lifted. Radiused seats are what you'd expect them to be and muti-angled seats are what is being suggested by Lance.
Old 18-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #32

I'm still scarred from the codmeister accusation - largely cos it's all true and I've been rumbled.
Old 18-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #33
jw.

Quote:
I'm still scarred from the codmeister accusation - largely cos it's all true and I've been rumbled.
Aye, I thought you might be.
Old 18-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #34

Won't true radiused seats end up with such a small contact patch that they have a very short life? Wherease 3 angle provides for a bit of contact patch to prolong life of the motor a bit more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw. View Post
Smarty pants. These are all a bit different. The valve heads can also be modified but a true venturi port will be enlarged before the valve and the ports and valves shaped to produce a venturi when the valve is lifted. Radiused seats are what you'd expect them to be and muti-angled seats are what is being suggested by Lance.
Old 18-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #35

Rumbled or scarred?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw. View Post
Aye, I thought you might be.
Old 18-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #36
jw.

Quote:
Won't true radiused seats end up with such a small contact patch that they have a very short life? Wherease 3 angle provides for a bit of contact patch to prolong life of the motor a bit more?
Yeh, that's dead right. They last about 5 minutes under stress on the exhaust side cos there's almost no heat transfer. Well, maybe a bit longer than five minutes....
Old 18-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #37
jw.

Quote:
Rumbled or scarred?
A bit of both.
Old 19-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #38

Quote:
I also spent two days of my time last week watching your engine being stripped at salterns and at Geoff Pervs to try ease the tension between the teams and try and build bridges
Yeah..I can see your bridge building techniques…when was the "Springbok Mick" episode?

Quote:
Springbok mik no one warned you probably cos your a nob and no body likes you 'couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, springs to mind!!

Quote:
… all of cliffs kit is straight and complies 100% to the rule book, i know i built it!!
Well considering your knowledge of Springbok Mick and his antics and failure to warn Marc … this statement is hardly likely to inspire trust is it?

Quote:
… and generally try and fu@k up powerboat racing!!!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Marc organise a Basic race recently?…and didn’t he cough up entry fee sponsorship for some racers last year? So what exactly are you doing to promote powerboat racing?

Quote:
I find it amazing that you have the cheek to comment, as you claim that you hold the v24 records and you were the only one there!!
…and was there anything stopping any other boats turning up?

Quote:
Your engine was sealed on assembly by the RYA yes but was only stripped to remove the heads which had 3 angle seats cut in them (to increase performance) to replace them as you cant go back, with new std ones and oh the olds no no were to be seen please think before you ahhhh type!!!
Right.. so allowing for some piss-poor English..the gist of your rant seems to be that Marc was running with 3-angle seats…but the engine was sealed by the RYA on assembly. So presumably they saw those 3-angle seats? What did the RYA say..or do.. about that?

Quote:
(may be an imaginery friend as you dont have any real ones!)
Don’t be so sure… and if you’re a friend of Cliff’s the best thing you could do for him..in the spirit of friendship, of course.. is stop trying to defend him by ranting… just post facts… and I mean those that stand up to scrutiny.. no pun intended..

And finally…
Quote:
RACE ON THE WATER NOT IN THE CAR PARK OR COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!

…or perhaps in the scrutineer's office… as seems to be the trend?
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
CB1

so Marc, is there any truth about the valve seats and non volvo parts?
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #40
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

OK,

Given the allegations in the rant, I will prepare a full reply. This will obviously take a little time, as I am going to have to get comparative parts and statements from the manufacturer. So, if you have a little patience, all the rant will be replied to.

Marc.

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote