Boatmad.com

Old 31-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #61
Engine tester

Interests: Gin & Women
Boat name: motorvator
Boat make: Revenger San Marino / Sunseeker Camargue 46 / Phantom 18/19/600
Engines: 502 mercruiser / Detroit 550s / 115 ProXS / Anything Borrowed
Cruising area: Thames, Southend

Fecking hell guys she can rabbit or what Albeit I'm sure, for helpful purposes.

What seems the obvious point that isn't getting through is that someone has decided to run a 'V24' series that actually excludes certain of the boats from participating.

To my mind that makes it specifically not a 'V24' series rather a race among mates.

It's like Ferrari and Williams having a chat down the pub and Frank saying

"look here Jean, that fecking dark chappy is getting a bit good why don't we have a word with the other teams and run our own series next year without Ronnie boy but still call it the Formula 1 World Championship"

"Oh and just to avoid any of that race relations bollox, I know we all nick each others ideas and stuff, BUT we could accuse Ronnie of actually doing it and tying him up in knots"

I think the idea of running a series with a title of Class, National, World or otherwise whilst excluding certain participants is not on full stop, although I guess if you were American you would see things differently.

The only case where my argument falls down of course is if the rules authorities were to ban the participant. By extrapolation of course that proves Marcs point that they want to interpret the rules as they see fit. QED

motorvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #62

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
I feel so sad that you have no concept of what I am saying Marc.. ring me and I will discuss this with you an open forum is not the place but I presume you are writing this tongue in cheek... you made me laugh I bow down to you if you believe you understand event organisation, community struction, racing and the RYA more than me... you must be one of those experts that I have been looking for....

You stated....

What you do not understand, or are incapable of understanding, is that a privately run race series will be run to the rule of the organiser of that event. Any series to be a successfull series needs to have the agreed rules enforced, not changed as and when it suits, or let boats that are running illegally continue to run because the sport needs numbers.

'Incapable of understanding' you must be on the same bottle of wine JF was on when he kindly explained to me what the bow of a boat was!

Facts:
Keep to sheep and Sea-horses and computers, let me keep to what I know 'Racing and event organisation' would you like my CV in case you didn't know what I have done or been involved with... and actually will never be an expert as every day that goes past I learn something new!

1. Drivers should race, organisers should be constructive and put on the events... mixing this does not work as other racers will always believe that the race is a set-up. Peter Dredge and John P have always had this problem
2. Rules for V24 are meant to be via the UIM and the drivers should discuss at AGM's and agree with organisers what should be put forward - Drivers will not always agree. Similar to P1
3. If a boat doesn't fit but has raced it can be 'Grandfathered' if it can be changed then it should be... there is only one winner you cant all be but the experience of racing with many boats is far better for racers and spectators... more boats the merry when you are trying to get it off the ground!! three boats is shit and not a show...
4. As for you running a European championship... dont race then become an organiser and do a few more races before taking that on.. its not as easy as you think it is!!
5. If your boat has been checked good now the others need too to see how far off you all are.
6. As for Charles having six boats, well thats down to him as he has put a lot of investment without reward hopefully if you all work together you will get you potential racers who can buy the boats from him!

Mark dont get silly with this thread drop your attitude... you want me to put my boxing gloves back on I will but what will it prove or gain F*** all! Ring me and we can discuss it!

There is always another way. if you are a racing then more competion is better!
reference your first fact,isnt that the point that marc was trying to make

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #63

Having read and then re-read this thread several times, the only conclusion I can come to is that "Fiona not P" has a very high opinion of herself, so much so that it must be incredibly difficult for her to find a hat big enough to fit her large head and over inflated ego into.
racefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #64

[
Quote:
QUOTE=racefan;122695]Having read and then re-read this thread several times, the only conclusion I can come to is that "Fiona not P" has a very high opinion of herself, so much so that it must be incredibly difficult for her to find a hat big enough to fit her large head and over inflated ego into.
[/QUOTE]

I have never met or heard of Fiona. I have never raced before either.
reading the threads many times i believe that she is only trying to pull the sport back together. There is alot of bad history, Some of these guys are going to have forgive and forget some more than others and if they love the sport then they will.(i dont know anyone in V24 racing)

A couple of years ago in the alps i drove another family there with me and my daughter we had such a blazing row that they hired a car and drove home.

The moral of the story is it took us 9 months before we even spoke again however 2 years later we are better friends than before as we now know how we tick.

Lets hope for the sake of the sport that 2008 will be and can be the best ever year for powerboat racing
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #65
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Racefan.... you have not even the balls to post your name.... so you are gutless... i'll take your comments as a compliment

If doing your paid job is being egostic then thats me ... quite clearly you dont know me! opinionated I am though!! but not asking you to accept what I say - democratic society, people died for us to be able to state what we believe!

Oh I dont ever say I do it all.. I dont to achieve anything its the community that stand with me that do!!
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #66
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

She what happens when they get a PC for christmas, stick with a dishwasher, Iron or washing machine cant go wrong.....

Only kidding Fi

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #67
Fiona Pascoe

Stop I need to get on organising the party here.... this is so amusing!! Oh bluefin please help me as you must know about domestic life... been looking for a cleaner can you help - only joking bluefin??

Sorry lads i'm the bread-winner in this house hold, and seems still have more balls than most of you hiding behind your screens.. if you have things constructive to V24 to help them move forward post otherwise try to understand! some of us are very busy people that take time out to try and forward the sport.... hey if I dont try I wont have a job!
Old 31-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #68

Send a message via Skype™ to ciao!
Following on...

Barry, (Hunton69) you will get to meet Fiona at some stage!

Her posts on here are the best, "all heart".

She has worked in, around this sport for many years, plus her husband has been a major player in "all things offshore", for the longest time.

If Fiona comes across on the posts with an "ego", its just because she has seen it and done it many times before as a race organizer.

"racefan", having read your other posts it would appear that you have been involved with racing for some time. Ring Fiona up or email her - don't post here.
ciao! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #69
Fiona Pascoe

I love you guys... Ciao thanks for the words, I find it amusing seen people come and go.. dont worry presumed Racefan was just one of the ones that like to throw the knives in the back...bet its even someone I know well, they're normally the worst - I deal with those everyday for the past 25 years... god I feel old when I put that in black and white... scary really did you know Peter Dredge, Mark and myself all went to the same college and all worked at Cougars together!! uummm.... Have a fantastic party all of you tonight even Racefan...
Old 31-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #70

Thinking back to all those years ago, I remember a teenager in 1982 doing the boat parade in Brighton, he was on Ted Toleman's boat.
He hasn't changed a bit, apart from 8 world championships, and an honour from the Palace.
Old 31-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #71

Interests: photography
Cruising area: Pevensey Bay / Solent

Fiona and mark are marking the same point from what I read of their comments, Only got to look at the nightmare that was the Portugal series, GHB and Gustavo interfering with the boats and drivers constantly with their favouritism.
Tom Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #72
Ringle@der

Interests: Water Ski Racing.
Boat name: Both called ‘Irresistible’.
Boat make: Bernico F1 Twin, Monterey 265SC.
Engines: 2 x Mercury 300XS's, Yanmar 315.
Cruising area: South and east coasts. Eastbourne Marina.

[QUOTE=ciao!;122711]Thinking back to all those years ago, I remember a teenager in 1982 doing the boat parade in Brighton, he was on Ted Toleman's boat.
It still pisses me off to remember Ted Toleman at Brighton that day. The marina was in places still a building site and the ski racers were parked together, basically where the supermarket is now. I came back to find the Toleman helicopter parked next to my beautiful, freshly polished 1600 Capri completely covered in a thick layer of dust and sh*t! Good weekend though.
gar163y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #73

[QUOTE=gar163y;122713]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciao! View Post
Thinking back to all those years ago, I remember a teenager in 1982 doing the boat parade in Brighton, he was on Ted Toleman's boat.
It still pisses me off to remember Ted Toleman at Brighton that day. The marina was in places still a building site and the ski racers were parked together, basically where the supermarket is now. I came back to find the Toleman helicopter parked next to my beautiful, freshly polished 1600 Capri completely covered in a thick layer of dust and sh*t! Good weekend though.
Twas a good weekend - loads of boats, flat for testing early Sunday, but as rough as hell for the racing!

Warlord made it's debut that day!
Old 31-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #74
Ringle@der

Interests: Water Ski Racing.
Boat name: Both called ‘Irresistible’.
Boat make: Bernico F1 Twin, Monterey 265SC.
Engines: 2 x Mercury 300XS's, Yanmar 315.
Cruising area: South and east coasts. Eastbourne Marina.

I was there in a brand new Ring 18, still running in the Evinrude 235 so I was asked to take out a judge for the demonstration ski race. We saw the end of our race, counted the boats in and by the time we reached the cranes the powerboat racers were already there.
gar163y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar163y View Post
I was there in a brand new Ring 18, still running in the Evinrude 235 so I was asked to take out a judge for the demonstration ski race. We saw the end of our race, counted the boats in and by the time we reached the cranes the powerboat racers were already there.
Other interesting bits and bobs of that day.

Jon Clarke did his first race in the Phantom 25' "Clarke Group Racing".

The Marenghi brothers sunk, but managed to get the boat onto the beach.

Mike Kitcher beat most of the class 3 boats in a 19' boat.

And Peter Bloomfield and his young navigator Neil Holmes, did their best, won class 3C in a cat!
Old 31-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #76
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
Stop I need to get on organising the party here.... this is so amusing!! Oh bluefin please help me as you must know about domestic life... been looking for a cleaner can you help
Whats it pay. right rate and you have found a new domestic

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #77

The speed you work, Jon not sure anyone could afford you!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #78
Fiona Pascoe

Oh my gosh............. 2008 has come THANK GOODNESS!! Happy New Year everyone

urh!! the day after the night before... not good!

Hey lads can you remember the early '90's - Guernsey - The absolute end restaurant and 'Hooligan juice'?? I wish I hadn't ... I made copius amounts last night 'Absolute vodka and vanilla ice-cream (fantastic stuff whilst drinking!!)

Did end up with a food-fight, c hocolate gateau fight the whole downstairs was covers - thank god for wooden floors... but the fireworks went well (big thanks to Peter Berrows brother - they were wonderful as usual! best place to buy them from)
Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #79
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
I feel so sad that you have no concept of what I am saying Marc..
I've just been catching up with this saga, and just want to check that I understand you properly.

I've got to admit I find some of your lengthier posts a bit difficult to follow in places, but I think that you are suggesting (quite strongly!) that verytricky should be supporting a renegade race series that appears to exist specifically so that he can be excluded.

Doesn't seem very reasonable to me. Have I misunderstood you?
Old 01-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #80
Fiona Pascoe

Short and sweet.... Wrong!
Would like to see them work together in whatever capacity they agree on,

I personally (but of no consequence) would like to see as per the series was intended UIM V24 Class

Hot potato subject for many years.... 'Arrive and drive' -
We’ve all tried it think we'll make a buck but normally loose it... maybe Cliffy will change the UK mould... USA it kind of works but better to do this as corporate hospitality events. You will never see the growth of good competitive racers via this Arrive Drive concept method...

Selling the boats and making a traditional series is the best but for this you need continuity and collaboration between all parties = Unity! Using this method Cliff’s boats could race...

fact I dont care what they do as long as they do it all together... V24 deserves better than its present state 'they're beautiful'