This is to clarify the V24's RYA National Series. The venues are as follows:

25/27th May Geurnsey ORDA
23rd June Poole RMYC
7th/8th July Ramsgate AYC
11th/12th Aug Allhallows AYC
17th/19th Aug Littlehampton ORDA
25th/26th Aug Cowes KBL
28th/30th Sept Torquay ORDA (Finals)

Any other series/race entered will not be for RYA National points.
All V24 owners will be contacted for an 'Intent to enter Declaration'.

Brian Peedell (Chairman ORDA)

RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #2

Cruising area: solent

so who's coming out to play??

Old 14-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Aged Member

Boat name: Savannah
Boat make: Princess 415
Engines: Volvos
Cruising area: SOLENT

No good for you Charlie, how would you bait your line, with the rod outside ?

Old 14-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #4

wheres there a will.....
and looks like i've sold me bat boat too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #5

Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

lets hope you have sold it to someone who wants to race and not just go out for a ride
Old 15-02-2007, 08:04 AM   #6

probably kinder on the body sitting in the back with you than finding some of those holes off cowes with me driving!!!!!!
Old 15-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
Any other series/race entered will not be for RYA National points.
All V24 owners will be contacted for an 'Intent to enter Declaration'.
Brian,

I dont have a clue at this time if we will be racing or not. We may just do the BASICS organised in Poole and some record attempts. The National Series is sortof irelevant for me at this point.

2006 was a very stressful time, with no support from the organisers at all when we were protested at every single event by a member of your very own ORDA committee, and harassed by the scruteneers at the instigation of your organisers till we finally had our engines stripped and sealed by the RYA, and still there were issues at the race events, with no help or assistance in bringing your own committee members into line.

Then we had to contend with our cable-tied spark plug leads detaching themselves from one bank the first wave we hit in the first race, despite being 100% through weeks of testing.

And a cupful of aliminium powder poured into our fuel tank in Guernsey as well.

Then there was the chewing gum up the water intake in the leg at the second Littlehampton race, and the fuel clip 'detaching' itself at the finals in Torquay when we were a minute ahead of the others ( The clip detaching itself is exactly not possible, as it is a two handed job to remove the clip by pressing the release with one hand and pulling it out with the other hand, and it was not rough!!)

So - should we race the V24 series 2007?

Possibly now, since the Honda Boys were found to be damaging other boats in order to win, this will be taken more seriously by the organisers, but I would want to see some evidence of this. Additionally I would like to see some control of the harassment by *both* officials who are friends of my protagonists and some control over the competitor team - possibly this time actually following the rules and proceedures laid out by the RYA and actually enforce the protest rules ie make them pay the actual money for the protest, not investigate the protest first, using RYA officials and Race Commitee members, reporting back the outcome of the investigation then deciding that the protest money would not be paid - and I a speaking specifically of *BOTH* races at Pwelli where my GPS was checked and my charts were checked and double checked and the results of the race were delayed whilst the timekeepers sheets were also checked and interviews of the mark boats, all taking around two hours, then deciding I had actually won the race, V2 then did not put in their protest sheet nor their money!

Yes, its little things like that which make me not want to race with ORDA and the v24 fleet in 2007.

Yes, I am upset, and damn right - I should be!
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #8

Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

v24

personally i would like to see you race as it brings rivalry and competition to the event. I do not condone tampering with other teams boats and equipment and anyone found doing so will be excluded from the competition.
I am amazed at the bickering amongst V24. It's as if you are all on self-destruct. Take a leaf out of Class III's book and keep the rivalry for the water, not the p;its.
Old 15-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #9

well said brian, marc whatever happened last year it would be a shame not to see you out there in the series for 2007 even in class 3c!! just to prove the mettle as it were;
my boat is going abroad and maybe another too so we need more on the water especially for the first race in guernsey as the organisers are trying to sort out sponsorship for following years worlds(2008)
we are all trying to give great racing bang for buck but need the numbers on the water to make it happen, personally i cannot commit to 2007 so the boat has gone to someone who wants to race it albeit in another series, but we really do need to work out a way round all this bickering, as, if you what you said happened to you marc, could be proved then the person would go before the correct authorities (i am not questioning it one way or another, just it is the first i have heard of it as a committee member, but this is probably not the place to discuss it now) so lets put 2006 behind us go forward as a club / class / offshore / circuit / skiracer / ocr /honda / hotboats and be determind as both racer and individual to have a great years honest, clean,fun and full on racing to make the uk the place to be or without doubt, very soon, we will all be here, just blaming each other and watching the others still out there enjoying the smell of 2 stroke in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!