Boatmad.com

Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro9 View Post
Looks like theres a live cam in the harbour at Guernsey.. 4th one down on the page..

http://www.nest.gg/webcams/webcam.html
Defo not live! Boo! Oh well.

littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #382

Boat name: Grip-O.co.uk
Engines: Steyr-Motors

I just saw them arrive on the 5th down, live.

2-XS-IF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #383

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

So, that must mean that Warpath has won the Guernsey Gold Cup.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #384

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lloyd View Post
Naive to say the least.
ML.
Not at all - I know a lot more about variosu things in boating - but I'm not prepared to discuss on open forums.

There is a time and place for everything - and Boatmad is not it. I'm more of the school that if you have a problem with someone - then you sort it out with that person privately and move on.

I'm just seeing a lot of people who say they care about the sport or even have business interests in the sport - yet they are doing damage to the sport and putting off competitors, organsiers, officials, spectators through constant moaning - often when it should be private business.

Rant over...

Just pleased to see that the race happened / is happening and hope it may lead to bigger / better things in the future.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #385

Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Very well done all !! Now you can have a break and watch some real Powerboat Racing.
Hopefully we can all ignore the one or two grudge comments !! Good luck for the rest of the trip.
I am guessing Cookie could'nt get the Stirling running again !!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Not at all - I know a lot more about variosu things in boating - but I'm not prepared to discuss on open forums.

There is a time and place for everything - and Boatmad is not it. I'm more of the school that if you have a problem with someone - then you sort it out with that person privately and move on.

I'm just seeing a lot of people who say they care about the sport or even have business interests in the sport - yet they are doing damage to the sport and putting off competitors, organsiers, officials, spectators through constant moaning - often when it should be private business.

Rant over...

Just pleased to see that the race happened / is happening and hope it may lead to bigger / better things in the future.
My god Adam you really are naive

Do you really believe that what something is written on boat mad would stop a person from racing.

Boat mad is a forum for anyone interested in boating to express an opinion. No matter how crap that maybe and yes there is crap on here and I'm guilty of lots. On the other hand it is also a platform to promate, inform, and learn from anything to do with boats.

Do you believe what politicians write?

I think you may find that there are other reasons why there is a lack of entries these days but it certainly ain't boatmad.

So guys keep your thoughts to the end of the race.

On another point I find it incredible that Vee decides on safety grounds not to go down the Thames at 6 knots due to visabilty and then has to withdraw.
em did the RYA (who promote safety)not have a view over the last 3 months or the organisers
and where the organisers/RYA happy for microlink to take a chance.

Respect to Microlink for making that decision
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #387

Where are the pictures of the fleet ?
wickedtopspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedtopspeed View Post
Where are the pictures of the fleet ?
They can't be posted on here as it may upset certain members

The race is under cover. ( went to tower bridge and only saw Grey Ghost surport team and Nick from Swipes )
Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #389

What about results and timings, or is that classified information as well ?
wickedtopspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedtopspeed View Post
What about results and timings, or is that classified information as well ?
You need to go onto the venture cup web site and open up the live link to the race all the answers are there.

Almost everyone that finishes will be a winner as the rest will of retired or been dq
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #391

Results

http://raceboatinternational.com/index.php?id=884
Mikko Oikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #392
Captain slow

Boat name: terminal velocity no.120
Boat make: phantom20
Engines: 2.5efi smillin jack
Cruising area: solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCRDA View Post
Very well done all !! Now you can have a break and watch some real Powerboat Racing.
Hopefully we can all ignore the one or two grudge comments !! Good luck for the rest of the trip.
I am guessing Cookie could'nt get the Stirling running again !!
Please please,leave the crap to your own front rooms,and take the positives away with us.this has been a great race.the organisers have bent over backwards to make it happen.respect.the weather has not been on the competitors side,but it run.fair play to all involved.and the people that weren't,please keep your opinion to your selfs.just my view on things,as a spectator as ever.
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #393

As a wannabe racer myself, and as a simple fan of the sport, I have to agree that however political things get, however things go, I am just bloody grateful at the end of the day for a RACE. Makes life worth living!
littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #394
Captain slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenige View Post
As a wannabe racer myself, and as a simple fan of the sport, I have to agree that however political things get, however things go, I am just bloody grateful at the end of the day for a RACE. Makes life worth living!
Hear hear, nuff said! Take cover!incomming!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #395
Nick aka nitro9

Interests: Long time windsurfer and mountain biker and really enjoy loud engines! Boats, dragsters or old airplanes.. its all good!

I'm with you on that Nige.. I'm well impressed that event happened at all.. let alone how well its gone so far and with how well boats have run..
These people with the 'issues'.. should keep it between them and whoever they dont like. Seeing some of the bitchy negative stuff thats gone back and forward in the last day or so on this forum and fb makes me sick.

Its sunny and theres a bloody brilliant race going on!.. and HTS is in it!!

And I never realised how captivating tiny triangles on a map could be.. and cant wait to go see them for real when they get back to Poole.

Nick
nitro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac View Post
Hear hear, nuff said! Take cover!incomming!
Hi Andy nice meeting you at the docks .starting to put faces with boatmad names.
pain-terra28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #397
Captain slow

Yeah cheers,ended up a bit sihtfaced,again.hope I behaved myself,I normally do?lol.your boat sounds awesome btw.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
... and finally the sport has lost the Italians by idiots here may be they want to screw the yanks...
I suspect the 'mercans will have to win, and win convincingly, before the UIM/RYA figures out a way to handicap them - that's the usual modus operandi it seems.

Marathon/endurance racing is gone from the states, ne'er to return, so the VC/RB/etc. are the only games, but jeeze, what a charley foxtrot, making up stuff as you go along.

Yeah, it IS noticeable and obvious who is NOT here. Why ARE the Italians absent?

Note to RYA: Fastnet is DONE. OVER. ALLLLLLLLL of the lessons that can be learned and applied have been applied and over applied. STOPPIT and let racers ... yanno, ... RACE!
goatskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #399
Classic1

Guernsey today..

What a fantastic day for the Venture Cup and Powerboat Racing in General. All you watching the Yellowbrick tracking, saw how competitive it was and to see Warpath and Cinzano going neck and neck to the finish line was the best bit of Marathon racing in years. it was seconds between them.

WARPATH won this leg and has been awarded The Guernsey Gold Cup as the first boat into Guernsey.

This evening all the boats are in the Pits, basking in the glorious evening sunshine.
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #400
Classic1

Guernsey today..

What a fantastic day for the Venture Cup and Powerboat Racing in General. All you watching the Yellowbrick tracking, saw how competitive it was and to see Warpath and Cinzano going neck and neck to the finish line was the best bit of Marathon racing in years. It was seconds between them.

WARPATH won this leg and has been awarded The Guernsey Gold Cup as the first boat into Guernsey.

This evening all the boats are in the Pits, basking in the glorious evening sunshine.

RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote