Boatmad.com

Old 10-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #41

Interests: ocr,sleeping
Boat name: The Rock
Boat make: Phantom 19XL
Engines: Yamaha 130B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
So how do reckon taking over a series and then asking teams to buy a new engine year 1 and soon a new boat is affordable racing? Or have I missed something here? As for Xcat...I have raced for Xcat this year and it cost a lot less than racing Superstock...!!! Cos guess what? There is prize money in Xcat!

So guess what the policy is at P1 Superstock....sod off all the Honda moaners and let's attract a new breed of racer...well some of us cannot accept that after already suffering what F4SA did to the series. They (P1) have used video of my boat on their site in promoting themselves and when asking them to remove it they say they had the rights and when asking them to produce evidence at the time they could not. The organisation is one that gets its own way no matter ...do you not see the History of what they did to their main classes in 2010? What happened to them? Last minute pull out and what did the UIM say about that? Check P1s releases - if they are still there...but of course today's news is tomorrow's chip paper...some of us will not forget they way the whole process was done and will not give up I'm afraid.

So this memory is going to haunt P1 and their cronies as I for one will not sit back and let them do it to others without warning them!

Check the recent history, check what happened to the main series, check out the real progress of Superstock year 1 and then consider what the impact was on all this on the m,ultitude of teams involved directly or indirectly.

XCat will cost you less if you team up with another so don't for a minute think you have to be rich to do XCAT you just need the balls and ambition to do it and then organise yourself.

And if you haven't raced before talk to people like Rob McCarthy and get your experience with classes like OCR then like Mark Walker you can progress to being one of the best drivers in the World and he proved that in the rough side by side with Fazza at the first turn boy...!
Only to the first turn bouy, NOT enough

cooolaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #42

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolaii View Post
Only to the first turn bouy, NOT enough
Absolutely, I've always thought one of the requirements for being a top driver is getting to the chequered flag first!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #43

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
I personally dont see what your problem is,you have Bob on here openly asking people to come and race,he will design a class to suit your boat/boats,why dont all you cougar/honda lads have a chat to him,bring your series back,be some spectacle if we all race together as one but in different classes,no need to bung them on ebay or torch them on your insurance,cost you a lot less than than racing under Hondas or H4s banner,only downside is you might not get on the tele as much,then again i thought it was all about racing and not having Scream It.com,Claygate Bathrooms,Hydrex,etc,. etc,. advertised on C4.I know how much you all spent on your cougars/hondas,my mates have got three,you cant sell them for anything like you paid,as the glut on ebay recently showed,youve got them so why not race them again? Done right thro Bob and maybe a few others,the new series could be massive and better still,a lot feckin cheaper.As it will be your own series no need to pay the likes of Curtis and cronies "fees" for wanting to join in or am i missing something?
Dowdy, I totally agree with you!

In answer to Tony. He is tops old bean he won the OCR series 3 times in a row and in Xcat made it to the first turn boy in the bloody rough side by side with Class 1 World Champions...after sod all practice and only 4 races. That gets my thumbs up for his ability. But we were so excited we overshot the first mark...brilliant! If only eh?
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Dowdy, I totally agree with you!

In answer to Tony. He is tops old bean he won the OCR series 3 times in a row and in Xcat made it to the first turn boy in the bloody rough side by side with Class 1 World Champions...after sod all practice and only 4 races. That gets my thumbs up for his ability. But we were so excited we overshot the first mark...brilliant! If only eh?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #45

you sure he didn't just wave them past when they ges·tic·u·lat·ed at him
Old 11-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #46

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten View Post
you sure he didn't just wave them past when they ges·tic·u·lat·ed at him
Kitten I cannot tell how nervous I feel when he decides to smile and wave out the window at the crowds whilst we have 2 280s running flat out....have to say he just loves people.
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Kitten I cannot tell how nervous I feel when he decides to smile and wave out the window at the crowds whilst we have 2 280s running flat out....have to say he just loves people.