Old 07-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #21
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

The right way up http://www.daylife.com/photo/08rD5Lkbw09GC?q=Dubai

Ooooops .... http://www.daylife.com/photo/08Q91m95KU1Vl?q=Dubai

The fleet leaving for the start? http://www.daylife.com/photo/09uR1w2d228fs?q=Dubai

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #22

Alrite Dick head,
Im back home in work, cant be arsed comming back out this weekend but will come to abu dabi, I reacon the hose is down to one of you's standing on it or leaning on it when working on the engine, might want to think about some protection in front of them for the future, if you think about when you sit on the stern hull working on the engine the pipes are just in the rite position to lean your foot on to stop you slidding off, I could be wrong but i dont think it will hurt to protect them. Decided to look for a shiver, hopefully rashid may sell his one from last year now that the new ones going so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
Thanks Guys but it turned out a little unfortunate for the Brits: We started on a jumper lap and felt excited to go around the first turn boy 2nd to Fazza! But red flagged. Restart...not so good but manged to get around start course and come through timing gate in 7th (Gringo was going for it as confidence is building) Ian Blacker was in front this time. We went out to sea and a bloody steering hose blew! End of our game and in such a good position for first timers.

Then as Gringo was getting ready to tow he looked behind us and saw Ian and Gavin go over. They were ok though...came through the bottom hatch.

So Rob McCarthy, Garry Balough and Grant and Dave Cowley all dived in this evening, aided by te Italians with expresso and washed out and got the engines going.

I suspect Ian is still down in the dry pits sorting them out.

Fantastic start for us as we were 13th in pole out of 21 and we feel confident of the boat in the rough which gives us an advantage. I reckong if Ian hadn't goner over and we hadn't blown a hose we would both have been in the top 6.

Rashid Al Mari won in hi new boat Extreme Marine...The American Doug Wright was 2nd I think with Qatar 94 3rd and Abu Dhabi Racing 4th.

I think we all need a beer now!

PS Both Fazza boats DNF'd

team williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #23

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams View Post
Alrite Dick head,
Im back home in work, cant be arsed comming back out this weekend but will come to abu dabi, I reacon the hose is down to one of you's standing on it or leaning on it when working on the engine, might want to think about some protection in front of them for the future, if you think about when you sit on the stern hull working on the engine the pipes are just in the rite position to lean your foot on to stop you slidding off, I could be wrong but i dont think it will hurt to protect them. Decided to look for a shiver, hopefully rashid may sell his one from last year now that the new ones going so well.
Go for it mate! Thanks for your support and sorry not to catch up your last night though we did hit Barasti after flushing Kingfisher out. Blacker was discussing tonight the suprise to see your beautiful bonce peering at him from the safety boat....

But in all seriousness it is awesome. When Gringo saw Fazza in front as we turned in 2nd place around the first turn buoy he became posessed like the little Gibraltarian demon that he is. F.... me I couldn't believe it and it was worth the moment just to be denied by the red flag. I think we are both like kids opening presents on Xmas morning.

Cant wait til saturday and see you in Abu Dhabi. Just uploading, as I type, the video from our onboards on the first practice...

Helped Ian and Gav today as one big mother of a job getting the boat ready for saturday. It really pays not to turn a boat over eh? But they are still like a pair of kids as they were flying in the rough. Just a pity they turned a bit too tight.

Our onboards should be available from xcat.tv and youtube when complete but 2 more hours to go....!
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
Go for it mate! Thanks for your support and sorry not to catch up your last night though we did hit Barasti after flushing Kingfisher out. Blacker was discussing tonight the suprise to see your beautiful bonce peering at him from the safety boat....

But in all seriousness it is awesome. When Gringo saw Fazza in front as we turned in 2nd place around the first turn buoy he became posessed like the little Gibraltarian demon that he is. F.... me I couldn't believe it and it was worth the moment just to be denied by the red flag. I think we are both like kids opening presents on Xmas morning.

Cant wait til saturday and see you in Abu Dhabi. Just uploading, as I type, the video from our onboards on the first practice...

Helped Ian and Gav today as one big mother of a job getting the boat ready for saturday. It really pays not to turn a boat over eh? But they are still like a pair of kids as they were flying in the rough. Just a pity they turned a bit too tight.

Our onboards should be available from xcat.tv and youtube when complete but 2 more hours to go....!
Yeh it makes a hell of a differance for us brits racing over there when you have problems and theres another brit on safety to look after you, trying to communicate to someone who hardly speaks a word of english when your boats upside down doesnt help, I was glad I was there for them just a shame it happened, I'm looking forward to abu dhabi may do both races if work allows if not i will be working safety for the final anyway, if you speak to Rashid ask him how much he wants for his boat, I know rorys going to see him but you seem to be getting on well with him.
See Ya Soon Mate
team williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #25

Onboard Video - first ever trip on Xcat race course

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams View Post
Yeh it makes a hell of a differance for us brits racing over there when you have problems and theres another brit on safety to look after you, trying to communicate to someone who hardly speaks a word of english when your boats upside down doesnt help, I was glad I was there for them just a shame it happened, I'm looking forward to abu dhabi may do both races if work allows if not i will be working safety for the final anyway, if you speak to Rashid ask him how much he wants for his boat, I know rorys going to see him but you seem to be getting on well with him.
See Ya Soon Mate
Hi Mate, here's the onboard audio and video of our first official practice....please excuse the language!! Bit slow to start but good insight!

home page of www.xcat.tv
Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #26
v24 rocks

Boat name: bat out of hell, tooti fruty
Cruising area: LA

xcats

nice one well done lads Cliff V24 Rocks
bigdog v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #27

Interests: knitting
Boat name: virtual insanity
Boat make: boss18
Engines: eggwhisk
Cruising area: anywheredatlavme

2nd x-cat race dubai

reamer and bingo finish a very creditable 10th in 2nd race against worthy competition.....well done boys.
if you ''google'' ' x-cat dubai ' the local press are reporting the races.
how did ian and gavin get on ?? i assume they started by the numbers of boats!!! - i cant find any more info on 'who finished where '!!!!!!
please keep us posted.
are the nicolini bros both ok after rolling.??
Virtual Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
reamer and bingo finish a very creditable 10th in 2nd race against worthy competition.....well done boys.
if you ''google'' ' x-cat dubai ' the local press are reporting the races.
how did ian and gavin get on ?? i assume they started by the numbers of boats!!! - i cant find any more info on 'who finished where '!!!!!!
please keep us posted.
are the nicolini bros both ok after rolling.??
Ian and Gavin finished just behind us but they spent 2 solid days and much of the evenings working on the boat. I have to say I take my hat off to them as they got it all back together and it was one hell of a job. Everything came out of the the boat to be cleaned and put back...doesn't bear thinking about. I saw the Nicolinis today and they are fine. The boat is somewhat damaged but will be ready for Abu Dhabi.

Thanks for your kind comments but we are a little green....we pumped out nearly 90 litres of fuel a side so perhaps would have grabbed a higher spot had we not over done it...

Thanks to OCR Bob, Carol and Jaydon for being part of the team and helping us out...your support was crucial. Today we started preparing the boat for Abu Dhabi as more safety means more bulkheads and more deflector work but heck that is definitely for a good cause.

I have to say I love it out here...it is such a friendly place to race. I cannot believe the support and friendship we have had from other teams and particularly from the locals who are so passionate about the sport and with 2 wins now one has to say they know what they are doing out here...

R
Old 18-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #29

Video Of Dubai Race -

Spot Mr Blacker...and Master Parsonage...