Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 25-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 324
Any secondhand marathon race boats out there

Hi All,
Does anyone know if there are any boats suitable for racing in the marathon series for sale at the moment.

Thanks for the help
__________________

wickedtopspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Registered User
 
cfun's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: poole
Occupation: retail
Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: poole
Posts: 1,681
This may still be available ...

http://www.team25racing.com/team%20profile.html

Think Scott had this listed on Boats and outboards for a time

And the quick Fountain still may be up for grabs ...

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14863

or what about the very clean Phantom 28 of which their are 2 for sale ...

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15233

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14816

Or just have one built by Mike Ring or Cookee BananaShark and away you go

Not sure if the 420HP V28' is still available and even if it fits into the rules but it was for sale at 40+K
__________________

__________________
i can na give her any more captain
cfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
This may still be available ...

http://www.team25racing.com/team%20profile.html

Think Scott had this listed on Boats and outboards for a time

And the quick Fountain still may be up for grabs ...

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14863

or what about the very clean Phantom 28 of which their are 2 for sale ...

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15233

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14816

Or just have one built by Mike Ring or Cookee BananaShark and away you go

Not sure if the 420HP V28' is still available and even if it fits into the rules but it was for sale at 40+K
team 25 is sold

Wouldn't like to use the Fountain as a marathon boat
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered User
 
TobyC's Avatar
 
Country: Jersey
Location: Jersey
Cruising area: UK

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 223
Our B28 is available
TobyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyC View Post
Our B28 is available
Not sure his balls are big enough
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Registered User
 
TobyC's Avatar
 
Country: Jersey
Location: Jersey
Cruising area: UK

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 223
TobyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Registered User
 
cfun's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: poole
Occupation: retail
Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: poole
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
team 25 is sold
That's good news for Scott, is it someone from err that purchased said item, and has Scott acquired a new weapon for this season or is it all a bit hush hush to those out of the circle of marathon racing
__________________
i can na give her any more captain
cfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Ciao's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Great Horwood

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Great Horwood
Posts: 2,372
Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post

Wouldn't like to use the Fountain as a marathon boat
Wouldn't or couldn't ?
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Wouldn't or couldn't ?
Wouldn't for obvious reasons
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
Registered User
 
dowdy's Avatar
 
Country: shropshire england.
Location: oswestry
Occupation: Retired
Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: oswestry
Posts: 1,311
You will not get anything out of Mike for at least 9 months
__________________
when in doubt trim outCARPE DIEM
dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
Trade Member
 
Mike Ring's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: West Sussex
Occupation: Boatbuilder / Design
Interests: Anything powered on wheels, water or air
Boat name: OVERLORD
Boat make: RING 34' SPORTSBOAT 2 X V8 PETROL
Engines: 2 x 320 MERCRUISER B1
Cruising area: South coast

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
You will not get anything out of Mike for at least 9 months
How do you know that ?

You old Scally !!!

I did not want to let you loose with one before proving trials were complete, Most certainly not in 3 bedroom 2 bathroom , full kitchen, outhouse and double garage form like you wanted

Anyway , you are a Competitor now , since buying up Francis's moulds !!!

But I wont hold that against you, best of luck in your venture into the 'Black Hole' of boatbuilding.


Mike
__________________


Neglect not thy opportunities
Mike Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
Registered User
 
dowdy's Avatar
 
Country: shropshire england.
Location: oswestry
Occupation: Retired
Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: oswestry
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ring View Post
How do you know that ?

You old Scally !!!

I did not want to let you loose with one before proving trials were complete, Most certainly not in 3 bedroom 2 bathroom , full kitchen, outhouse and double garage form like you wanted

Anyway , you are a Competitor now , since buying up Francis's moulds !!!

But I wont hold that against you, best of luck in your venture into the 'Black Hole' of boatbuilding.


Mike
Bottom less pit more like it,gonna sit down now and work out just how much weve spent on boats since that yellow ring 21,can see her face in half an hour,HOW MUCH?????? You only live once hey? Whats the latest on yours?
__________________
when in doubt trim outCARPE DIEM
dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
You will not get anything out of Mike for at least 9 months
I would of thought the 3 men in tub would be up for sale once they have done there first race
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
Trade Member
 
Mike Ring's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: West Sussex
Occupation: Boatbuilder / Design
Interests: Anything powered on wheels, water or air
Boat name: OVERLORD
Boat make: RING 34' SPORTSBOAT 2 X V8 PETROL
Engines: 2 x 320 MERCRUISER B1
Cruising area: South coast

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
I would of thought the 3 men in tub would be up for sale once they have done there first race
Naah,..... gonna be used for a Viking funeral off Bridge when I feel the need ....

Mind you, that Bathtoy of yours would be better colour for the job and must be in an End of Life state ??
Do yer wanna donate to the cause ?

Mike
__________________


Neglect not thy opportunities
Mike Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #15
Trade Member
 
Mike Ring's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: West Sussex
Occupation: Boatbuilder / Design
Interests: Anything powered on wheels, water or air
Boat name: OVERLORD
Boat make: RING 34' SPORTSBOAT 2 X V8 PETROL
Engines: 2 x 320 MERCRUISER B1
Cruising area: South coast

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
Bottom less pit more like it,gonna sit down now and work out just how much weve spent on boats since that yellow ring 21,can see her face in half an hour,HOW MUCH?????? You only live once hey? Whats the latest on yours?
Well Dowdy, I thought it a bit of a rush headed charge into a lot of expense on your part.Boating will never be the same for you now, Hahahhahahahah !! #

CARP DIEM indeed !!

As for my effort, we are working on the deck plug atm. Jus ploddin' along as us old timers do
__________________


Neglect not thy opportunities
Mike Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
Registered User
 
dowdy's Avatar
 
Country: shropshire england.
Location: oswestry
Occupation: Retired
Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: oswestry
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ring View Post
Well Dowdy, I thought it a bit of a rush headed charge into a lot of expense on your part.Boating will never be the same for you now, Hahahhahahahah !! #

CARP DIEM indeed !!

As for my effort, we are working on the deck plug atm. Jus ploddin' along as us old timers do
Gotta have something to fill me shed Mike,got bored fixing Jags and Stags,fed up of woodburners and fireplaces,me belly dancin days are over,nowt at the job centre,feck it,me and mrs will build boats,she is well handy with a posidrive.
__________________
when in doubt trim outCARPE DIEM
dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Hydrostream's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Location: Dublin
Occupation: Boatbuilder
Boat make: Hydrostream V-king, 650SS OCR ,Ring 21, Ring 18, Phantom 18.
Engines: 300Hp Mercury 2.4, 130 Yamaha, Bridgeport EFI, XR6, Merc 200.
Cruising area: Malahide, Dublin

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ring View Post
Boating will never be the same for you now, Hahahhahahahah !! #
Never a truer statement!!!!
__________________

__________________
www.powermarine.ie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hydrostream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×