Boatmad.com

Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #41
Kin Ell Fire

Boat name: Kin Ell Fire and Radar Fisher

kin ell fire

Guys i have no doubt you are all far more qualified than i am in respect of technicalities
lets drop the figures i have no way to back them up

all i know was what i have said i have no proof and it was a long time ago

she was fast very fast indeed and there is many a guy gal that saw her scream past them and could not believe it was a 85 yam albeit tuned

i remember a guy from the north east who had a phantom 18 with a 225 ? efi merc was so pissed off when i passed him he rammed me on a turn and tried to sink me competion eh !

anyway all i intended when i saw the forum thread was to verify that it was a tuned engine and what was done to her and she was fast and as i have said very fast

sorry if i have rattled some cages .

But please dont mistake her for KIN ELL FIRE 2 she was legal verified and did exactly what it said on the tin.

she won 2 world championships 1 european and 2 nationals and beat argo cats and the rest

love the feed back guys and must say i am very pleased many still remember both KIN ELL FIRE,S

Thanks to everybody Brian Eastham

kin ell fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #42
Kin Ell Fire

kin ell fire

one more thing guys!

reading the replies you do realise we are talking about two different engines here!

KIN ELL FIRE 1 HAD TUNED 85 YAM never raced except in the cancer research race and unofficial run at speed week

KIN ELL FIRE 2 HAD HOMOLAGATED 90 YAM supplied by John Hurry Mitsui Machinery Chessington standard and checked
This was used for all UKOBA races and an official run speed week 56 mph

Brian Eastham

Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #43

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin ell fire View Post
she won 2 world championships 1 european and 2 nationals and beat argo cats and the rest
and the rest???

Eric and Nik 2008
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	558 action 02.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	18574  
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #44

Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Just reading thro old threads,yes Brian,your boat did fly,you whupped most of the xr2s and 200s at the wirral race in 1987 i saw you do it,i was the start boat,Dave Hughes/Jones in Popeye,xr2,p20,Stan in Bounty Hunter,etc,etc,i couldnt believe your boat was that quick,defo had the right name on it.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #45
Kin Ell Fire

dowdy

Hi just read your post yeah we had great fun at the wirral love to know what happened to jone,s and the rest of the guys.
stopped that night at the hotel in wallasey ????
anyway is the club still running youse to be in the upstairs on the front i think ?

great memory,s

brian eastham
Old 13-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #46

Quote:
Hi just read your post yeah we had great fun at the wirral love to know what happened to jone,s and the rest of the guys.
anyway is the club still running youse to be in the upstairs on the front i think ?

great memory,s

brian eastham
sorry to butt in here brian but i think its now gone mate...
regards brian (wirral based)
baj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #47

Quote:

great memory,s

brian eastham
Hiya Brian,most of them are still about,Dave Hughes/Jones,Ged Lynch/Smith,Bert Williams(son Scott and grandson Dale running in the Honda series) as we all get older the boats get bigger,most of them have got gin palaces moored up at Phewelli,Gary Bird and Liz went yachting after racing against you,am still into me phantoms and rings tho,club got demolished 10 years ago,we are all down in Phewelli now,Jeff Edwards got his own boatyard there,at the Texaco garage,selling Cobalt and Formula and whatever else he can get his hands on,let me know if you are ever in the area,lend you a boat for the day to go for a blast
Old 20-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #48
Kin Ell Fire

wirral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
Hiya Brian,most of them are still about,Dave Hughes/Jones,Ged Lynch/Smith,Bert Williams(son Scott and grandson Dale running in the Honda series) as we all get older the boats get bigger,most of them have got gin palaces moored up at Phewelli,Gary Bird and Liz went yachting after racing against you,am still into me phantoms and rings tho,club got demolished 10 years ago,we are all down in Phewelli now,Jeff Edwards got his own boatyard there,at the Texaco garage,selling Cobalt and Formula and whatever else he can get his hands on,let me know if you are ever in the area,lend you a boat for the day to go for a blast

Many thanks for that may take you up on that one day seriously for your records my email salmonfly3990@yahoo.co.uk and would love to speak maybe exchange phone numbers ! one to test your memory ! which/who was the person who parked his boat on the top of the revetments one race day rememeber ! there used to be a photo of that somewhere hi and dri about 7 foot up at the wirral ! shame the old club house has gone also is the abersoch power boat clubin excistance still used to have me old ski on the wall together with bits of ian birnies boat !
regards brian eastham
Old 20-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #49
Kin Ell Fire

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baj666 View Post
sorry to butt in here brian but i think its now gone mate...
regards brian (wirral based)
many thanks for that what a shame great club and even greater guys we really had some fun there ah well old age creeping up !

regards brian eastham
Old 20-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #50

Interests: sailing ribing
Boat name: llyn raider
Boat make: 7m xs rib
Engines: 200 merc opti
Cruising area: n wales

abersoch powerboats club is moving from the back of land and sea to the top of a hill near by. Did some great nights their. more about the drinking for 18-25ishs on the weekend s in the summer. run by a great guy at the mo.
Old 20-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #51
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Used to frequent Abersoch in the 70's, I had a foot in both the Yacht club and the powerboat club - good times!

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #52

Interests: sailing ribing
Boat name: llyn raider
Boat make: 7m xs rib
Engines: 200 merc opti
Cruising area: n wales

haha very nice i frequent them both now lol. wasnt around in the 70s though. what did you sail? i race yachts but love fast powerboats lol.
Old 20-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #53
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxs View Post
haha very nice i frequent them both now lol. wasnt around in the 70s though. what did you sail? i race yachts but love fast powerboats lol.
An International Europe, and with my Uncle occasionally in his Pandora, also as a crew in a J24 - used to water ski as well behind the Patterson's ski boat - saw a lot of the old Abersoch crew from the Midlands at my Uncles funeral recently, one I had last seen getting on for 30 years ago - she has kids leaving university now!

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Many thanks for that may take you up on that one day seriously for your records my email salmonfly3990@yahoo.co.uk and would love to speak maybe exchange phone numbers ! one to test your memory ! which/who was the person who parked his boat on the top of the revetments one race day rememeber ! there used to be a photo of that somewhere hi and dri about 7 foot up at the wirral ! shame the old club house has gone also is the abersoch power boat clubin excistance still used to have me old ski on the wall together with bits of ian birnies boat !
regards brian eastham
It was a wooden cat,one of the U.K.O.B.A. lads from down south,a lorne cambell creation,funnily enough there was hardly any damage to it when we floated it off later even tho it had been bouncing up and down with the waves.Ay shame about the club i used to love me tuesday nights there and then on to the chelsea reach after it shut,me and bill symington last ones standing,remember him?Nearly sank his p25 down in geurnsey in 87/88
Old 20-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxs View Post
abersoch powerboats club is moving from the back of land and sea to the top of a hill near by. Did some great nights their. more about the drinking for 18-25ishs on the weekend s in the summer. run by a great guy at the mo.
any of you abersoch lads know my old mate Philly Jones..good painter of boats and car bodies... last time i had a natter he was running a scarab
baj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
It was a wooden cat,one of the U.K.O.B.A. lads from down south,a lorne cambell creation,funnily enough there was hardly any damage to it when we floated it off later even tho it had been bouncing up and down with the waves.Ay shame about the club i used to love me tuesday nights there and then on to the chelsea reach after it shut,me and bill symington last ones standing,remember him?Nearly sank his p25 down in geurnsey in 87/88
Hi dowdy/kin ell fire, just joined this forum and really finding this thread interesting, my grandad (Basil Sampson) was one of the founding members of the Wallasey Power Boat and Ski club and I know some of the guys you are talking about. I taught Stan to drive his Crusader (sorry about that). I stopped going to the club when you guys were racing my dad (Tony Sampson) was racing in the days of the Tremletts, do you remember the Mersey Marothon, half way through the race the drivers had to beach their boats, run up the beach and down a pint of bitter(how things change). You may remember my uncle (Ken Sampson) unfortunately he died a couple of years ago. (sorry! I better stop now I'm starting to waffle).
Cheers
Andy
Scousegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #57

Interests: Boating & classic speed boats
Boat name: Tremlett 15
Boat make: 1973 Gunning/Tremlett 15' & Ribeye 4.5m )
Engines: 1976 Mercury 500 50hp ( & Yam )
Cruising area: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousegit View Post
when you guys were racing my dad (Tony Sampson) was racing in the days of the Tremletts,
them good old days.........

and today.......

Gunning/Termlett 15
Tremlett 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #58

Hi Tremlett 15, they certainly were good days, thanks for the great photos my Dad used to race and had considerable success in a Tremlett 15 called 'Shy Talk'. There were 2 other Tremletts racing the North West circuit at the time and between the three of them they won virtually every race until the Bristols and Avengers came on the scene. My Dad flattened the last metre or so of the hull which gave him a higher top speed, he then won every race until the other guys with the tremletts noticed.
Happy days!
Scousegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #59

dowdy,
It was the tin boat, owned and driven by Johnathon Lucas
I remember the briefing well.....everybody hung over not paying any attention as usuall, the two guys from Tuffnels (sp) at the front all ears,

Who hit the vetments (sp)????????
Paper Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #60
JAB

Hi all, Wallasey Power Boat and Ski Club went about 15 years ago, Abersoch Power Boat club has gone and the Chelsea Reach is now flats. We're still in touch with a few people Dave Hughes-Jones, Bob Weatherston, the Salisbury's (Dangerous Brothers). Remember your pink gin palace well Dennis! Many happy memories!

JAB is offline   Reply With Quote