Boatmad.com

Old 12-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #21

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Levitt-Cooke View Post
Thanks, Its all a bit of a learning curve for me. I'll try and get out if the weather is looking better tomorrow and see where my trim is at the moment for my best speed. Off the the top of my head, I don't think its far off level.

I assume you mean trim level neutral as in having the prop in-line with the keel?

As the engine won't go higher on its existing mounting holes ill have to get some sort of jack plate. If i am doing this should I go for something with a stand off? what sort of height should i be looking for for engine height?
Most probably looking at a hydraulic lifter so you can try different engine heights. Then if you are happy that your boat is well balanced as it is you will want to go with minimal set-back - so this would most likely be 4". Typically a lifter will give you approx 6" of vertical lift - so unlikely you will need all of that. So you might even mount it an inch or two lower for acceleration and some rough water conditions.....and still have another 4 or 5" of net lift.