Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 20-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Techteam's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Windermere

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Windermere
Posts: 557
[QUOTE=pp241;129017] but we are ultra safe

Looks like it from your avatar, thing that worries me about ebay listings is that Mercury 225hp foot throttle. You go to pick up your shiny new boat only to find it as described a nice boat with a shiny foot throttle. Nowhere in his ad does he say the engine is included just that he had it rebuilt.
__________________

Techteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #22
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
[QUOTE=Techteam;129035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp241 View Post
but we are ultra safe

Looks like it from your avatar, thing that worries me about ebay listings is that Mercury 225hp foot throttle. You go to pick up your shiny new boat only to find it as described a nice boat with a shiny foot throttle. Nowhere in his ad does he say the engine is included just that he had it rebuilt.
Looks like it from your avatar /WHAT DO YOU MEEN BY THIS.

YES IT DOSE COME WITH THE MOTOR I WENT TO SEE IT
__________________

SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #23
pp241
 
pp241's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Somerset
Boat name: Chiller
Boat make: Ring 20
Engines: Mariner 200
Cruising area: Falmouth

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 37
[QUOTE=Techteam;129035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp241 View Post
but we are ultra safe

Looks like it from your avatar, thing that worries me about ebay listings is that Mercury 225hp foot throttle. You go to pick up your shiny new boat only to find it as described a nice boat with a shiny foot throttle. Nowhere in his ad does he say the engine is included just that he had it rebuilt.
Just to clear any misconceptions up regarding MY avatar that photo was 2001 b.c. (before children ! ) we don't go like with the kids on board we want them to enjoy not endure. Ultra safe comment = all the correct gear, well maintained equipment and boating in a fashion considering other water users whilst still having fun.
Having bought and sold on it my only comment regarding E bay - buyer beware But you cannot legislate for the sharks
pp241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #24
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
[QUOTE=pp241;129074]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techteam View Post

Just to clear any misconceptions up regarding MY avatar that photo was 2001 b.c. (before children ! ) we don't go like with the kids on board we want them to enjoy not endure. Ultra safe comment = all the correct gear, well maintained equipment and boating in a fashion considering other water users whilst still having fun.
Having bought and sold on it my only comment regarding E bay - buyer beware But you cannot legislate for the sharks
no problem
like i said i went to see the boat the guy is selling it due to lack of storage space and his boss is giving him sh1t about it .

i agree with you that some people on ebay can be very unscrupulous
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #25
pp241
 
pp241's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Somerset
Boat name: Chiller
Boat make: Ring 20
Engines: Mariner 200
Cruising area: Falmouth

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 37
[QUOTE=SCOTT671;129077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp241 View Post

no problem
like i said i went to see the boat the guy is selling it due to lack of storage space and his boss is giving him sh1t about it .

i agree with you that some people on ebay can be very unscrupulous
Sorry Scott not pointed at you I was replying to Techteam who was dragging my comments and avatar into some point about e bay I consider the red ring 21 before we bought our 20. Was it in good nick when you saw it? Cheers
pp241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #26
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
re ring

morning the ring is not bad could do with some tlc ie retrim and a little bit of work on the trailer i also did a compression test on the motor all readings OK
if yo want to know the figers pm me
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #27
pp241
 
pp241's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Somerset
Boat name: Chiller
Boat make: Ring 20
Engines: Mariner 200
Cruising area: Falmouth

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT671 View Post
morning the ring is not bad could do with some tlc ie retrim and a little bit of work on the trailer i also did a compression test on the motor all readings OK
if yo want to know the figers pm me
thanks but got my work cut out getting my phantom 16 ready for sale then sorting the Ring 20 out ready for first outing.
pp241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp241 View Post
thanks but got my work cut out getting my phantom 16 ready for sale then sorting the Ring 20 out ready for first outing.
happy easter
time to charge the battery wash and polish it then
all the best

scott
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Country: England and proud!

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 539
:)

...not in this bl**dy weather haha!
dodgydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #30
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydan View Post
...not in this bl**dy weather haha!
what do you meen its nice and sunny here in wales
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Country: England and proud!

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 539
:)

I bet the price it is now dont move anymore! hehe.
dodgydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #32
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydan View Post
I bet the price it is now dont move anymore! hehe.
is it your bid?
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Country: England and proud!

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 539
:)

Now that would be telling

How's the weather now bud?
dodgydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #34
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydan View Post
Now that would be telling

How's the weather now bud?
sorry didnt get back to you but it started snowing about 1700hrs
is that your bid on ebay
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #35
sit down shut up hold on
 
Country: wales
Occupation: anything
Interests: boats,cars anything with a motor
Boat make: just sold it
Engines: none

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 239
Send a message via Skype™ to SCOTT671
Ring 21

RING 21 bidding has finished
SCOTT671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Country: England and proud!

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 539
:)

I told you it would not go up any more!
__________________

dodgydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×