how fast

The torque from the contra rotating props will cancel each other out making for a more stable ride :)

I apreciate that, but just thought that the extra drag fromt the legs sitting outside of the hull would result in a significant speed loss.

Mind you, all of this is relative to the amount of frickin HP its got....and it don't look like its lacking much!

I agree it looks odd, still it pulled Marty Wells to be the 2003 World champion.

I am told that the 2 rubber tubes on the outdrives sucked in air to give the props some air on pullout, seemed to work well always got a good hole shot

All that power through a single drive would be a handfull to say the least!, I'd be there with the twins everytime.

dbe1 said:
I am told that the 2 rubber tubes on the outdrives sucked in air to give the props some air on pullout, seemed to work well always got a good hole shot

Spot on and without lifters they allow you to spin the props up and not bog the engine down, giving better acceleration.

The twin engine boat had a compressed air tank on-board that they used to pump air under the drives, again to allow the props to spin.

I have a picture of the stern showing the outdrives that I will find and post later.

ce41worlds_water_ski_racing.sized.jpg

As promised the stern of the twin inboard plus a couple of others, one showing a large support vehicle behind

ce43_worlds_water_ski_racing.sized.jpg

ce23_worlds_water_ski_racing.sized.jpg

ce40_world_waterski_racing.sized.jpg

ce32_world_waterski_racing.sized.jpg

sitting one engine infront of the other like in the pictures 3 up, would that not make the boat less balanced.
could you use one engine 2 drives like you can to steer if you had 2 engines 2 drives?

Back