New Ali RIB

Adam

Senior member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
1,836
Location
Warsash
Boat name
Santana
Early shot of a new Aluminium RIB that I have designed and is currently under construction on the Isle of Wight.

She is 7.5 metres with double steps.
 

Attachments

  • ali rib1.jpg
    ali rib1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 401
view from the other end!

Actually since these shots were taken most of the hull plating is now in place
 

Attachments

  • ali rib2.jpg
    ali rib2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 380
Looks like a nice bit of work!, who's the builder?
 
N-8 Ali (the usual material used) is surprisingly resilient to the horrors of sea water.
 
Re: view from the other end!

Adam said:
Actually since these shots were taken most of the hull plating is now in place

adam is this a race boat or pleasure boat ?

i used to no richard lucas who bulit the forge craft boats in alton hampshire ali boats won quite a few 2lt races he moved to jock land have not seen him since they where very well made i think there is won racing as a rib with some tubes put on the sides
more for show i think:D good luck with your ali boat:up:
 
Re: Re: view from the other end!

Rockey said:
adam is this a race boat or pleasure boat ?

i used to no richard lucas who bulit the forge craft boats in alton hampshire ali boats won quite a few 2lt races he moved to jock land have not seen him since they where very well made i think there is won racing as a rib with some tubes put on the sides
more for show i think:D good luck with your ali boat:up:

Not sure but I think it may have been Tony Lewis's old boat that was racing - don't remember seeing it last season though .......
 
Re: Re: Re: view from the other end!

Cookee said:
Not sure but I think it may have been Tony Lewis's old boat that was racing - don't remember seeing it last season though .......

Which was originally 'Absolute Beginners' the first Forgecraft Ali race boat campaigned by Richard and Jonathan Lucas in the eighties.
 
The RIB is being built by A & M Fabrications of Cowes - and the quality of work really is excellent.

It is going to be a demo boat for them - really to show the level of their work and that one-off boats (RIB or not) can be built relatively economically in Aluminium.

Otherwise the owner will use the boat for cruising and general boating - no plans to race it.

Certainly from a design point of view I have developed the hull and steps to make it suitable for all round use and not just to be a flat out race machine - although performance and handling should be very good.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top