Offshore bucket seats

scottyboy

Senior member
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
2,646
Location
West Sussex
Cruising area
littlehampton/Southampton
Boat name
S.B Racing
Boat make
Ocke mannerfelt canopied B23 / Zapcat
Engines(s)
Merc 200XS Gen 2 / Tohatsu 50
Does anyone know where i ca get some offshore bucket seats? I saw some nice ones on here a while ago does anyone know who had them?
 
scottyboy said:
Does anyone know where i ca get some offshore bucket seats? I saw some nice ones on here a while ago does anyone know who had them?


these??
 

Attachments

  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 520
yeah there the ones! where do i get these and how much?
 
scottyboy said:
yeah there the ones! where do i get these and how much?

OK
Aqua Marine Upholstery ltd
unit 1
Acorn drive farm
Horton
Wimbourne
Dorset
BH21 7JS

Tel 01258 840623

Speak to Kevin

They are a bit pricey! about £349 each:aaahhh:
 
Matt said:

Thanks Matt

We do three different seats:

High back bucket

Low back bucket (as per picture)

Bench seat (as per picture with cushions removed)

All seats are made to order and to customer colours. Having said that we do have a pair of high back bucket seats in black in stock. £220 each incl VAT.

If you need any more information please ask.

Adam
 
BETTER Attach photo!
 

Attachments

  • yar26b.jpg
    yar26b.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 448
Thanx adam! They look really nice! Can u Tell me How wide they are and height? There going in a tandem phantom so im a bit restricted for space!
cheers!
 
gav,

Those seats are gorgeous. :up:
 
I'm gonna need to start buying seats soon but to pay that much money would break my heart :cry:

I've got the original molds for the seats that go with the Ring 16, does anyone know any good (and cheap :bolt: ) upholsterers locally?
 
darexms said:
does anyone know any good (and cheap :bolt: ) upholsterers locally?

The words "good" and "cheap" can't usually be used together when your talking about boat upholstery, although for a 16 it shouldn't be too bad. Does your boat use the Horseshoe moulding for the backrest? If so then this, together with the side panels can be done by yourselves, leaving only two front seats and a rear seat base to be sourced from outside. If you have the front mouldings, then I'd imagine you'd need to spend around £500 for the complete job!
 
I know what you mean about good and cheap not going together :frown:

In all seriousness though, it's like anything bespoke, you pay for what you get we just have to grin and bear it.

The front seats are the same sort of shape as the ones Adam pictured whilst the rear one, as you say, is a horse shoe type of arrangement - imagine a rectangle with the top and front cut off. We were planning to hinge the top of this on the well, and add some gas struts so that it lifts up to reveal the battery etc.
 
darexms said:
I know what you mean about good and cheap not going together :frown:

In all seriousness though, it's like anything bespoke, you pay for what you get we just have to grin and bear it.

The front seats are the same sort of shape as the ones Adam pictured whilst the rear one, as you say, is a horse shoe type of arrangement - imagine a rectangle with the top and front cut off. We were planning to hinge the top of this on the well, and add some gas struts so that it lifts up to reveal the battery etc.


Advise.....

dont hinge off the well!!! although functionable, undoubtably the gelcoat WILL crack at the fixing points.

gas struts!!!! mega money, save the money and plough it into upholstery!

:bolt:
 
Gav said:
Advise.....

dont hinge off the well!!! although functionable, undoubtably the gelcoat WILL crack at the fixing points.

gas struts!!!! mega money, save the money and plough it into upholstery!

:bolt:

That was my reaction when Mike mentioned it to us but he reckons he did loads of them (except the gas struts) without a problem.

I haven't looked at an original yet but he said to use a long piano type hinge and re-inforce behind the leading edge of the well.
 
Searay, or a real one?
 
Back
Top