Oldies

Jon Fuller

numbskull
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
15,942
Location
South
Cruising area
South Coast
Boat name
Leviathan
Boat make
Phantom 28
Who knows the year?

Quiet Davis!

If little Pete sees this, there's a pic of 'Privateer' in this first shot, many moons ago.
 

Attachments

  • oldies1.jpg
    oldies1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 521
#2 London Ramsgate

This one shows 'Fays one' leading both of Pete Armstrongs 28 Phantoms 'BRUT' (one yellow, one white, Chris's & Rory's now) and 'Debenhams'.
 

Attachments

  • london ramsgates.jpg
    london ramsgates.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 477
#3
 

Attachments

  • groups.jpg
    groups.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 468
#4
 

Attachments

  • goffshores.jpg
    goffshores.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 473
Cap'n! how was ya break?

With respect to the year, close, but no cigar :dizzy:

A clue is, it's the first year 'Debenhams' raced
 
86 or 84 cant remember
 
Last edited:
Johnson said:
Who knows the year?

Quiet Davis!

If little Pete sees this, there's a pic of 'Privateer' in this first shot, many moons ago.

I would think 1990 with pics 1 and 4 looking suspiciously like Guernsey.
 
Re: Re: Oldies

Ned said:
I would think 1990 with pics 1 and 4 looking suspiciously like Guernsey.
do you think...as pic 4 has guernsey on the pic:laugh:
 
Upon closer inspection of pic 4, me guessing that it was Guernsey seems a bit redundant.
 
I didn't. My wife did!
 
Pic 1 is Cowes


And Ben is the winner with 1990, give ya self a pat on the back
 
OK, there are three characters in the Cowes shot that are pretty well known, a couple of which are still active racers today, who can spot/name them?
 
Dunno, but the fecka in the middle of the piccie with the big hair in the overalls is scarin' me......:aaahhh:
 
Jono said:
Dunno, but the fecka in the middle of the piccie with the big hair in the overalls is scarin' me......:aaahhh:

aaahhh, he's a lovely fella, Chris Peters, nicest bloke you could ever meet (except for me of course)
 
Johnson said:
OK, there are three characters in the Cowes shot that are pretty well known, a couple of which are still active racers today, who can spot/name them?

Chris (as you've already mentioned) is on board McCavity with John Davey. Could that be Fiona Pascoe just behind them?

Lower right I believe is the bow of John Baker's 38 Cougar 'Flippin Eck' and it looks like the back of Rob Andrew's head aboard 'Privateer'.
 
Very good!...wonder what ever happened to John Baker?

Dunno if that's Fiasco, but d'ya know who the geezer in blue, on the left is? or the fella right next to Chris?, or the one sitting on the fwd deck of 'Privateer', or in the back of 'Brut33'?...all well known chaps
 
Johnson said:
Very good!...wonder what ever happened to John Baker?

Dunno if that's Fiasco, but d'ya know who the geezer in blue, on the left is? or the fella right next to Chris?, or the one sitting on the fwd deck of 'Privateeer', or in the back of 'Brut33'?...all well known chaps

Could it be Jonathan Lucas on the bow of Rob's boat? I think the fellow behind Rob could be Nigel Williams who was involved in a nasty incident aboard the 36'Bonito 'Fly Navy around 96/97.

I imagine the obvious answer to the person in navigator's position aboard 'Brut 33' would be Ian Orford. The hairstyle looks right but the body looks wrong.

The ones near Chris?
 
Yeah, correct on all counts, you have a enormous knowledge of yesteryears racing scene, what is your connection?


Bloke to chris's direct right is 'Clever Trevor', who's worked for many teams etc, inc Stuart Raven, Chuck Burnett, Victory team, and now Solent Honda.

Bloke in blue to the left is Bill Bonner, of Bonner engines fame (Macavity, Supercat etc)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top