ooops!

Yeah, we had plenty, all our fault
 
Wiring behind the dash! (JW???:bang: )
 
wires

that could cause a heft inferno like that then???

I'll assume it must have got near to fuel very quick
 
In a race boat, a stuff is caused by driver error, in a 15knt rib clearly it's less in your control, but the integrity of the structure in which you put your trust, is down to the designer/builder, the cockpits/canopies on race boats can withstand 100+mph stuffs, so the designer/builder has ensured the kit can take what the sea/speed can throw at it, if the rumour/theories that Spirits wheelhouse fell off are true, then it wasn't fit for the purpose, at least not in the event of a major (albeit slow) stuff, and it did have a massive frontal area! (the wheelhouse)
 
Re: wires

Captain Chaos said:
I'll assume it must have got near to fuel very quick

Polyester resin (the boat) is pretty flamable!
 
Anyway, I'm going to bed now, gotta stay up late tommorow night and take compromising pics of Rogue wave!
 
The suff info is helpful & very relevant to something I was thinking about.

But it would be wrong of me to speculate about what happened to Spirit particularly as the details are still coming out....

Just bothered by the idea I guess...

K
 
A real high speed stuff is one of the most frightening things you could ever experience
 
stuff it

Johnson said:
A real high speed stuff is one of the most frightening things you could ever experience

I'm sure i get closer every week!! I've become a useless feckin driver!!

mind you...what 40-50mph? probably isnee hi-speed to race folk!

guess its nite then?

till later:)
 
Johnson said:
Kinnell! and this from a ribber! :aaahhh: are you (like Mark Wildey) considering a hardboat by any chance Richard? sounds like you've seen the light
I don't really see this as a hardboat v RIB thing, but sometimes I can't help feeling that RIBsters get a bit gung ho about the bravado element, usually lead by the blinkered (IMHO) Priddy fans. I've got great respect for what Alan has achieved, but recently began to think that he's "lost it". I think that he put Kathleen and Fiona in danger during their round Ireland trip, and the only mild critic (Kipper) had his/her 3 short line answered by 12 packed lines of vitriol from Alan Priddy. Wow, there's one guy who can't take criticism.

That's enough for now. I sympathise with Alan's current plight but he's a big boy and can take the knocks.

BTW I used to go out to sea in hard boats (and things with rags and sticks!) before I ever set foot in a RIB - but only displacement/semi-displacement ones! As for seeing lights... thats going to be either Cowes Fireworks or the sparks flying from the RIBsters!
 
Oh yes,

it gets regularly played to my mates........honestly scares the shite out of me!!!

I'm quite sure that when I get the boat done....i'll recieve some instruction on how to trim a boat "proper"....If not TD's threatening to let me "take him for a spin"......foolish man!

really going to bed NOW...check your PM box some time soon Jonny;p;
 
Richard, that's certainly brave talk from some who mixes with the ribnet crowd, I admire your honesty (not just because you're questioning priddy) I too felt Kipper got a rough deal from the superstar!

on the whole, I aggree with your comments.

PS, the hardboat comment was just a joke
 
Johnson said:
the hardboat comment was just a joke
Yeah, I know, but I had to take you to task! (old habits die hard :D )

There's a lot more to be said, but now's not the time to "stick the boot in".
 
Ice Kiddie said:
There's a lot more to be said, but now's not the time to "stick the boot in".

Now is ALWAYS the time to stick the boot in! :lol:lol:
 
spirits quite a travelled boat and has probably seen more seas than 98% of boatmad boats will ever see... i dont think we can fault her ability to handle the rough or turn it into a hard boat rubber boat thing... I think the more likely scenario is that shes tired and really due for retirement, everything has a life span and the harder the life the shorter it will be..... I also respect priddy for what he has done in the past cause feck knows i wouldnt have the balls, but it doesnt mean i understand, support, like or dislike either way (have to admit his articles in mags are getting stranger). Glad they are well

Mr neutral(today only)

glen
 
Johnson said:
...the cockpits/canopies on race boats can withstand 100+mph stuffs, so the designer/builder has ensured the kit can take what the sea/speed can throw at it, if the rumour/theories that Spirits wheelhouse fell off are true, then it wasn't fit for the purpose, at least not in the event of a major (albeit slow) stuff, ...

It'll be interesting to hear the comments about the actual moment. I don't believe for one second that the wheelhouse fell off.

One thing occured, especially after the heli crew comment that the boat had hit something. If you visit the outer islands, the beaches are littered with debris, much of it from Canada, amongst this there are often very large tree trunks which have been cut, topped and cleaned as in tree felling operations. Probably escapees from the Ottawa river. They're usually about 6-10mtr long and pretty waterlogged. I bet they weigh the best part of 5-6tons. Meeting one of these contained in a wave would certainly part your hair.
 
Ice Kiddie said:
I don't really see this as a hardboat v RIB thing, but sometimes I can't help feeling that RIBsters get a bit gung ho about the bravado element, usually lead by the blinkered (IMHO) Priddy fans. I've got great respect for what Alan has achieved, but recently began to think that he's "lost it". I think that he put Kathleen and Fiona in danger during their round Ireland trip, and the only mild critic (Kipper) had his/her 3 short line answered by 12 packed lines of vitriol from Alan Priddy. Wow, there's one guy who can't take criticism.
A very interesting point of view Richard. :D

Will you be taking this discussion to RIBnet, or are you just going to lurk about here? :bolt:
 
Back
Top