Phoney Phantoms (in this case Chaudron)

For sure, now, if you want a 28' or 33' boat that looks like a phantom your choices are limited.
But the point is Chaudron stole the design off Steve, while he was still in business. If chaudron, and others, hadn't stolen from Steve he might well have still been in business now!

granted chauldron is a toss**

Captain Chaos said:
they're catching on (slowely).

Anybody know what the all new Raffshore 28's are like? :rolleyes:

so what you going to do then when you want a nice shinny new p28

certain people seem pissed of with chaudron because it was the "great" steve baker and phantom that chaudron copied
nobody seems to giva **** about other designs that have been copied or the people gone out of business because of their designs been splashed.if certain people felt so strongly about it why didn't they have the balls to go over to chaudron while at cowes and tell them direct what they think instead of hiding behind posts on the forum?

bert said:
so what you going to do then when you want a nice shinny new p28

I already WANT a shiney new 28...........but the fact that there not available is the least of my problems :cry:

I'm quite sure that someday the original moulds will be found. Untill then its 2nd hand or pay for a dodgy copy. Although I hear theres a case to be made for having a Raffshore.

One thought....If Garry Rhodes & I were both to make tropical jelly using the same jelly-mould.........who's do you think would taste nicer?

if i were hungry and gary rhodes wasn`t about i would eat yours

ok this has gone far enough for me but you might have made a great jelly even if you copied gary rhodes

BREN said:
if certain people felt so strongly about it why didn't they have the balls to go over to chaudron while at cowes and tell them direct what they think instead of hiding behind posts on the forum?

Actually, the greasy little thieving bastards came over to my boat asking questions about it, I was as unhelpfull as I could be without a straight '**** off'.

Starting fights in Cowes is far from 'adult' and will fix nothing, they've without any doubt read these pages, and know what I, and a few others think, but will it make the slightest bit of difference to their actions, will it f*ck!

They will continue making a living from selling Steves designs/work, claiming it to be theirs, or vastly improved, because that's what they do! And all I can do, is try to stop any more British boat enthusiasts lining the wankers pockets by letting it be known what happened.

And for your information, It does upset me when any designer suffers at the hands of these type of people, but how many crusades can I fight? Steve Baker is my friend, i'm passionate about his boats, I have enough on my plate.

So Bren, what good do you think it would have done to 'confront' them in Cowes?

is it true cougar/honda 225 hull is a pascoe bat boat copy of his hull?

No, it's completely in-house.

probably drew some inspiration from the Mannerfelt tho'

Back