Phoney Phantoms (in this case Chaudron)

Mr Northern Monkey said:
you can have the best boat in the world but if the riggings shite, well..........end of!

ooops!

erm, i cant make it on the 15th all of a sudden!

hey chaos,did you get that film ?

Captain Chaos said:
ooops!

erm, i cant make it on the 15th all of a sudden!

shut up, youve made a crackin job of yours, a "blind man" wud be glad to see it!

when you guys talk off rigging do you mean motor set up etc.?

I can fully appreciate your point, as that is the reason I did not take up my wild card this year. Lots of work for 3 days fun. Next yr boat is older & my company may give me 10k sponsorship, so someone else can do work & I still have fun. But who knows might have sunk it by then or my bottle might have gone!

By the way got any pics of u racing, especially signed, my boy is massive fan & collects them, Ciao will confirm. (Sam really liked the pics & says thanks).

Fitted it your self, real nice job. (I wish I had the time) Thats why I have never seen such a good Phantom of this (pleasure boat)type or spec. You should have gone into business with SB, u would have done real well.

Still very interested about cost of power. If I copied your set up I hope u would take it as compliment & not splashing.

I hold no grudges, I just love powerboating & generally like & admire people of the same mind set. Lets stop the splashing row.
I bought my boat, in good faith & believing it was not a direct copy. I still believe this until proved otherwise. My judgement maybe wrong or it maybe right, but I am a boating fanatic, who gets his kicks the same way as all the others who actively participate on this site.

By the way MC would love a ride, my boat comes out sunday at 11:00. If u want a go give me a buzz tomorrow. Will have to be sunday early as weather is 5hit saturday.

Gav if u want to see 1 in the flesh, read above & ring 07734607037

To re-cap:

kinfast said:
Evening all

1stly thanks Ciao & MC for your kind words. However I have never said or believed my boat was better than a phantom.

Well, maybe just a little :D

kinfast said:
Went for ******** 25 including cabin, gill braket, stainless fuel tank & fittings cost £5350. Much better build quality than Phantom, had 8 people dancing on nose, no cracks, not even hair line!

******** have taken a brilliantly designed (SB) boat & improved it.

------------

kinfast said:
Fitted it your self, real nice job. (I wish I had the time) Thats why I have never seen such a good Phantom of this (pleasure boat)type or spec.

Believe me, fitting it out is the easy bit, designing the boat and making the production tooling is imeasurably harder, more costly and time consuming than chucking a few parts into the finished moulding.

kinfast said:
You should have gone into business with SB, u would have done real well.

Not when there are people happy to buy boats like yours, from a cheap labour, cheap, material, cheap premises, no development cost, no design cost company overseas. Thats what I meant when I sighted yourself and other buyers of 'splashes' as helping to bring down Phantom boats. It reallyis much more complex a system (conception to customer) than most realise.

kinfast said:
I would have been a buyer at the right price.

See what I mean, so you wouldn't have been a buyer.

kinfast said:
Also saw the video....real nice footage, but not sure on Miami Vice type sound track!!

Which one, there have been loads :dizzy:

this one:

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/multimedia/General-Videos/generalboating/vertigo.wmv.html

this one:

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/multimedia/General-Videos/generalboating/17_8_05.wmv.html

or this one:

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/multimedia/General-Videos/generalboating/final.wmv.html (full edit)

or one of the many others posted here.

cool! where are the others to save me looking

not sure, some where hosted on Matts server, which I think may have gone awol.

u ever find them let me know.

by the way I hope u knew all the boats u passed at speed, real close. Be a real shame to turn your beatiful boat into a white & yellow cloud of dust. I assume & hope they knew u were coming.

How quick is the cat & what is it?

Do u have their web site?

Allways fancied a cat. Do u know if any have ever taken off!!!*!!?

Being a chicken & having kids allways stopped me buying one.

Love to have a ride, do u know the owner?

Thanks

kinfast said:
By the way MC would love a ride, my boat comes out sunday at 11:00. If u want a go give me a buzz tomorrow. Will have to be sunday early as weather is 5hit saturday.

how bout you jon,are you in the brighton area on sunday,fancy a go in an old(but fast) dog like mine,would be good to meet up?

No thanks, that's very kind, but i'm washing my hair(s)

i didnt think you had hair:D

Back