trim pumps

Burty

go 2 of the attached pic, they look identical but 1 is half the speed of the other, do they do 2 different versions? what part is different?? motor or pump??

Attachments

• 818377A2.jpg
    818377A2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 178
pump

they done these as a 24v as well as 12v so i guess yours is a 24v hope this helps

Last edited:
OILDYNE pumps/ voltage and flow

go 2 of the attached pic, they look identical but 1 is half the speed of the other, do they do 2 different versions? what part is different?? motor or pump??

The voltage is a possibility for sure, but your oil pump manufacturer is OILDYNE. So they make also different combinations in term of flow and voltage 12VDC/24VDC/36VDC:
,Four standard pump sizes which produce flows of .0098, .0187, .0246, and .0321 cubic inches per revolution
Check the link hereunder , and compare to the reference number you have on yours to see the internal technical differences, if any.
But when you write half the speed , it's difficult to understand if you are telling the rpm of your motor pump, or the result of the oïl jack displacement speed...
because a different voltage with a different pump flow , should make a big difference.
http://www.berkut13.com/108SERIESPOWERUNITS.pdf

the motor sounds different and slower than the other one and it trims up/down half as fast. cant find any model numbers the sticker is worn off.

It's 100% 24v mate I fitted 1. To a twin rig a while and done the same a slower

So, may be it's only because the model of pumps are different in term of displacement cubic inches per revolution.
remember:
Four standard pump sizes which produce flows of .0098, .0187, .0246, and .0321 cubic inches per revolution
you have also 2 little filters Inside the pump body, are they clean? if not the flow can be reduced , then the speed.
You have also TRV and LPRV valves Inside the pump body, may be one is slightly open!

another point to check:
do you use the same oil viscosity in the 2 different pumps??

Same oil in both pumps, yes filters are clean, i guess they must be as you say different flow rates as on the slower pump the down fitting is also a bigger thread than on the other one.
i will just have to manage with what ive got as im not going to go out and spend £1100 quid on 2 new matching ones

thanks for your help guys

When we were circuit Racing we used to 24v the out side of the pump ( don't need it on the in side as the motor pushes it in) and run TQF or auto trans fluid rather than normal oil the pumps then fly's and the 24v does not burn them out like some people say

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back