And here are some classic sports quotes that went out on live TV
1. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator - "And this is Gregoriava from
Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!"
2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator - "Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl
Gibson comes inside him. "
3. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator - "This is really a lovely horse. I
once rode her mother."
4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977 - " Ah, isn't that
nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the Oxford
5. US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing
so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and
kisses them ..... Oh my god!! What have I just said??"
6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on 'Time Team Live'
said: "You'd eat beaver if you could get it."
7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed
and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, " So Bob, where's that eight
inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set,
but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard!
8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters - "Ballesteros felt much better today
after a 69 yesterday."
9. Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North said: "There's
nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this."
10. Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on Sky Sports: "Stephen
Hendry jumps on Steve Davis's misses every chance he gets."
11. Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male
astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem
cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his
12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny
Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: "Some weeks Nick likes to use
Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."