twenty questions..

Archaeology dumbfounded it.

codoms are excellent:laugh:

It sussed powerboat in 16, and seahorse in 20 - i was impressed!

Gave it another couple of tries. It couldn't work out 'grammar' but it got 'horseshoe crab' in 26!

Archaeology

grammar

Err.. Ben? it does ask for an OBJECT .....:well:

Jono said:
Archaeology

grammar

Err.. Ben? it does ask for an OBJECT .....:well:

Beg to differ. An object can also be a concept or anything that lies within the cognizance of the senses. We are all familiar with the saying "the object of the excercise."

Also as it went through its answers for 'grammar', it did ask if the word I was looking for was a verb, or comma or similar so the program does have the capacity to recognise abstract notions. As for 'archaeology' it mentioned 'history."

It asked 20 questions for powerboat, then 14 questions, then did not guess it at all. It seems to use random start questions, and depending on these, it directs a long route or short route to the answer...

Interesting.

Thinking in USA or thinking in British got very different answers to FOOTBALL - probably due to the Merkin misuse of the name confusing the poor computer!

Ben said:
Beg to differ. An object can also be a concept or anything that lies within the cognizance of the senses. We are all familiar with the saying "the object of the excercise."

Isn't that a "bastardisation" of " the objective of the exercise" ?.... just showing I can live up to my signature line…
:D

Damn it! I am undone... you are the better man..:worthy: "She who knows more than I" has just corrected me.. what can I say?:D

Last edited:
Aw shucks.

It took only 13 questions to guess "Captain Chaos's Used sweaty underpants, brown stripe yellow spot", the final question being "do you need to handle with a biohazard suit on?" not bad. Some of the other questions were does it contain sweetcorn, and is it large around the waist and tight at the front. amazing.

verytricky said:
Interesting.

Thinking in USA or thinking in British got very different answers to FOOTBALL - probably due to the Merkin misuse of the name confusing the poor computer!

True, I think. I am not sure what merkin misuse is, but I am pretty sure it somehow realtes to this side of the pond using the word football for a sport where you use your hands and using the word soccer for a sport where you use your foot. Never understood it myself.

cheers,

fish

Back