Go Back   Boatmad.com > Boat Mad | Tech > Technical Q&A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 26-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Trade Member

Interests: ACCELERATION (anykind )

Question raised about a "normal" 280 rebuild

This question was raised on another forum , my reply was as follows:

When I agree to do a rebuild on a customer's 280 it consists of all new rings attached to top pinned pistons ( Wizard being my choice ) New high performance bearings (ALL of them), new seals , "O" rings, oil check valving , TDR reed valves and injectors cleaned and flowed at Brucato's.I make sure the bores are within 1/2 thou. of being perfectly ROUND if not I CAN alter an egged shaped bore to make it round. I hone the nicom bores with a special ceramic hone and finish the bore with a plateau brush for a micro finish. I set all the parameters of the TPI as well as the fuel curves on the fuel management systems to compliment the owners geographic location After the rebuild I run at least 3-5 gallons of fuel through the engine at my shop BEFORE the engine is shipped back. Motor is cleaned , shrink wrapped and shipped back in wooden crate with the 2 base gaskets furnished as well as flow sheet from injectors , complete break - in instructions as well as detailed invoice..

All JSRE rebuild customers are WELCOME to come and witness any and all aspects of the tear down , mods, as well as assembly of their engines and customers may witness, as well as ask questions, take pictures as well as bring one guest to the procedure..

Peace,
Jay
Jay Smith is offline   Reply With Quote