Boatmad.com

Old 30-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin The Talker View Post
Sounds a good idea Jon.
Maybe remind John Moore (If he heads up the race in 2011 - he may have had enough, who knows !)
I think on another thread the Tazer Gun was mentioned Martin - NB

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #22

Cruising area: Wherever I could if I had one

This thread has reminded me of the '70s when my parents would be taking FULL advantage of any beer/champu tents handy while frequently sending me off to look at the 'white board' and come running back with the current race positions and retirement news etc...
Last Sunday, by 3am, I had set up my laptop and speakers with hyperfast internet here at home in Mexico, and had an assortment of the Yellowbrick tracker (excellent), the south coast coastguards' transmisions (hillarious), various live webcams at vantage points along the south coast, twitter, facebook and a couple of other goodies keeping me in touch with it all.
It did occur to me how easy it would be to set my little control centre up on a big 'public' scale in a sponsered beer tent somewhere in Cowes and thus bring back some of that 'race control-support teams-general public and landlocked enthusiasts' interaction that I so enjoyed as a youngster.
I also wanted to recognise Adam's words here - from the snippets I have seen on youtube so far, dear old Martin Lai and team allowed themselves to share the feelings that such a race surely provoked - it's been a long ride for Martin and good to see him in the photo finish that was CTC 2011.
Great day - or so it looked from my 'beam me up Scotty' dashboard !

SamMace is offline   Reply With Quote