For Sale - RingCat 22 with 300XS
For Sale – RingCat 22
Original Mike Ring twin-stepped Cat hull built in 1993 (no2 of around 10 made) and first fitted with a 200 Opti. First owner had her from new until early 2011 when she was bought by a chap who does ad-hoc work for Ring. She was taken back to the factory, completely stripped and then fitted with a new interior including their latest design of bucket seats and aft triple bench seat, flow-coated bilges, new carpet, new fuel tank, pop up cleats, new rubbing strake and the original red gelcoat stripe was painted blue by Mike Nicholson.
I bought her in 2012 as a part finished project and have spent the best part of two years rigging to the standard she is today.
She is about as close as you can get to a new boat and no expense has been sparred in building what I believe to be the ultimate RingCat.
• New (old stock) 2008 Mercury 300XS 20in shaft running a 1.62
Sportsmaster fat shaft lower unit. Was originally purchased as a spare
engine for RB08 and had been sat unused on the original shipping
• New SeaStar Pro hydraulic steering system with through deck fittings
• New Stainless Marine stand-off bracket
• Stainless Marine Gorilla Lifter with 6in of vertical travel
• New Mercury Racing power trim pump
• New trim pump for lifter
• New large series Optima 75AH blue top battery
• New full set of Smartcraft gauges comprising of multifunction Tacho &
Speedo plus separate fuel gauge, trim gauge and water pressure
gauge. The tacho/speedo gives fuel consumption, temps, pressures,
volts and much more. They have all been painted metallic cherry red
which really stands out against the carbon dash
• New Wema UK fuel sender matched correctly to the Opti gauges
• New Racor fuel filter/oil separator with plumbing from tank and also
aux input for running off a spare plastic tank
• New Mercury 10 litre remote oil reservoir fitted in red anodised Rex
Marine tank bracket
• New 140 litre powdercoated alloy fuel tank
• New stainless popup fuel filler
• New 6 x stainless popup deck cleats
• New Carbon Weezel bespoke dash panels
• New Steve Salmon billet gear selector/water pickup controls
• New Ultraflex friction free control cables for gear and pickup
• New N-Control billet foot throttle
• New anodised helm and passenger foot plates
• New Fusion RA205 stereo head unit linked to a Fusion Bluetooth module
giving remote control of iPod/iPhone/android for music playback, also
has an FM aerial
• New Alpine Type-R 7in speakers fitted in side panels
• New custom made drivers side console with LED switches, carbon
effect top panel, stainless cup holders
• New kill switch control
• New Mercury wiring looms
• New Livorsi LED NAV lights
• New removable LED anchor light
• New Dana Marine billet anodised swim steps with rubber inserts
• New Dana Marine anodised grab handles on transom
• New stainless overboard skin fittings for bilge pumps
• New Jabsco 2000GPH bilge pumps (x2) running through float switches
with manual overrides
• New LED front cabin lights
• New Garmin GPS750S colour touchscreen GPS/plotter/fishfinder with
hull mounted transducer. There is also a separate Garmin fuel flow
meter installed to give fuel flow info on the plotter screen
• New Garmin 200i DSC VHF with mini aerial
• New LED deck lights for nightime x4
• New electric hatch lifter for aft locker hatch
• New aft drain plugs x 3
• New Steve Salmon stainless ballast tank pickup/hold/dump valve
mounted on transom
• New ScanStrut stainless cable glands for all pipework running through
transom (x8) These are around £75 each!
• New double Pro-trim helm control for engine tilt and lifter control
• New stainless cover for Pro-trim
• New fuel pipework with shut-off valves
• New electric wiring for every system onboard
• New 2kg AFFF extinguisher and 2kg dry powder extinguisher
• New polished stainless stern lifting eyes
• New bow lifting eyes with carbon re-enforced plates mounted below
• New fuel system pipework
• New stainless 3-blade TXP Turbo 26in prop
• Stainless Marine LED lifter indicator/trim gauge on dash (needs
She is sat on a custom built De-Graaf 4 wheel UK braked trailer complete with bearing savers, spare wheel, locking hitch, twin speed winch, and trailer board. It has NEVER been put into the water!! I have always had the boat craned in and out so that the trailer did not deteriorate from salt water.
There are 2 overall covers – one is a heavy duty vinyl and the other is a heavy duty canvas. For when she is on the water there is a blue canvas tonneau cover with central support pole. In order to stop the covers rubbing on the bucket seats there are fleece lined hats which sit on the headrests. There is also a matching canvas hitch cover to keep the hitch and winch covered out of season.
I’ve just changed the lower unit gear oil with Mercury high-performance gear lube, changed the Racor fuel filter and fitted a new impellor.
I put 20hrs on her last summer and she has just gone into the water today in preparation for the poker run this weekend. Therefore this is likely to rise slightly.
She currently runs just over 70mph GPS and will cruise at 55-60 with both hands off the wheel. Zero chine walk. Plenty of revs left to go before she is on the limiter so more to come if you want to play with different props. (I’ve only ever run it with the current one which by some fluke suits the hull really well) Jumps out of the water and onto plane with ease.
The layup is heavy – ideally suited to the Solent conditions, weighs approx 1.5 tons on the crane load scale so not an out-n-out flatwater greyhound….the advantage however is that when it roughs up and monos have to slow down, you can punch through and maintain a reasonable speed.
Absolutely gutwrenching to be selling her but the wife has decided that next year is time to start a family so I need to free up some cash for an extension at home.
Will no doubt be worth more in component parts but I am loathed to split her up having invested so much time, money and effort in putting her together. That said I would be willing to consider selling the hull/trailer separately if you didn’t want the engine. I WILL NOT sell the engine first so please don’t ask!
Located 10 mins from Jn 8/9 of the M27 just outside Warsash village. I will consider a seatrial upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit – having agreed a price before hand.
Pics to follow