Boatmad.com

Old 19-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #41

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket View Post
Good post? Have you got a feckin Babelfish or something?
Anyone care to translate this into English? I think he's saying that Tricky was caught cheating, but I'm not sure.

If you've got some decent dirt on him, at least make it comprehensible!
i never said the best use of the queens english or spelling

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #42
The Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by verytricky View Post
OK,

Given the allegations in the rant, I will prepare a full reply. This will obviously take a little time, as I am going to have to get comparative parts and statements from the manufacturer. So, if you have a little patience, all the rant will be replied to.

Marc.
this is going to be excellent............I cant wait

Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #43

Interests: boats , laughing and music
Boat name: Dyna Mo Humm
Boat make: Avon Searider 8.4mmmm
Engines: Cat 4216 450hp
Cruising area: Solent

yep better than anything we got over on Spivnet?
Old 20-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #44

I blame TD for obviously trying to incite a riot with his first post.
Old 21-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #45

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wildey View Post

Busted!
Old 21-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #46

Interests: boats , laughing and music
Boat name: Dyna Mo Humm
Boat make: Avon Searider 8.4mmmm
Engines: Cat 4216 450hp
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wildey View Post
Shurely shome mishtake
Old 30-12-2007, 02:57 AM   #47
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Bloody hell you V24 boys on here need your heads knocked together! I have read this thread and am discussed with the comments... are you trying to hammer the last nail in the coffin to this fantastic series... if you don’t get it off the ground this year it will be to late! It’s getting old and a failing series with a bad reputation of politics and egos!

Fact as an organiser I will give you a few basic tips to how you might change the way forward as at the moment who would ever want to be part of this mess... Marc & Lance - you two need to get off the site and do your fighting elsewhere. Marc please stop being so rude... to forward the growth of V24 you are not acting in the right spirit! You are definitely not helping it! And a series cannot be split like this!!! Why provoke it is not conducive.

1. You must all forget the past and work together Inc Marc - if people outside see unity they will want to be part of SOMETHING GOOD
2. Racing is for peoples pleasure no one wants politics - become a community
3. Ask John to delete this thread and start a new positive one encouraging potential racers to join you.
4. Look at the rules and call a meeting of all owners maybe get RYA JP to mediate.
5. Find someone who is not racing who is neutral to act as the leading figure not a racer - never works causes problems as posts prove.(and know im not hunting for the job)
6. Work with the Nationals as they can help... but make sure you keep all the boats together in the pits with banners and flags showing crowds you are a series!
7. Write press releases (Bambi was excellent at them) and send them to all the boating mags and local newspapers prior to events.
8. Get each team to send press releases to their local newspapers after each event promoting continual exposure during the year
9. Make personalities out of the teams and promote over websites and forums this works well.
10. dont have your noses in the air just because you race a V24 - at the moment you have no right too - you have nothing, be something that you can be proud of and then have your egos!

I could go on for ages but wont... don’t mean to butt in but I had a passion for these boats,and being involved at the start I find it very upsetting to see the state its in now, it has such potential!! Please try and Marc please stop being so aggressive the past is the past... take the boxing gloves off and make peace, it won’t be easy but it’s needed. The others, you need to be the better men and also forget the past and work with Marc!! Are you idiots and want V24 to cease, I believe not so be Men and unite!!

Cor.... I now remember why I left offshore and moved to thundercats - 'Shit' and there's still loads of it!! Move forward and start again please...

Have a good NYE Fiona BE POSITIVE SOME OF YOU ARE BUT IT NEEDS ALL OF YOU!
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #48

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Fiona is the "Voice of Reason".

As a spectator on the sidelines watching the offshore scene you can't help but shake your head at all this nonsense. All you guys really want to do is go and race, have a great time doing it, maybe win a race or two and have a few beers in the pub afterwards with your fellow competitors. It's really quite simple.

My advice, for what's it's worth, is to cut the crap, race hard, keep a sense of humour and enjoy yourselves. You have great boats with the V24's, it's not expensive racing, it's very fast and quite spectacular and you could have a great fleet. Build it.
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #49

Interests: ski racing
Boat name: Jack'd up, hellraiser
Boat make: Bernico 19 ET, ring 16
Engines: merc 135, merc 175, yam 90
Cruising area: Plymouth

again as just a spectator,
the series an the boats are fantastic
but... from the acts that have been carried out on marcs boat you sometimes have to understand why hes sometimes a little pissed off
if i were him i would have stopped and moved to a different series by now, which would be even more detriment to the series in my eyes as it would be another boat less
leaving the series to be a one horse race

now surely without competition the series would die
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #50

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

If the northern Ireland peace process can make it, surely there must be hope for the V24 series with a bit of negotiation between the players...especially now the iron lady has put a prospective on things
Old 30-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #51
Fiona Pascoe

I concur with you guys.... I have learnt by sheer experience and many pit falls that fighting against each other just does not work. Powerboating has its characters and lovers of the sport... we dont always agree nor like each other but similar to a family (building a community) you have to learn to accept your differences.

Marc nor Cliff will change hopefully mellow with age - a leopard never changes his spots!! i was married to Mark over 26 years I have known him he has not changed nor will, but still love him as much as the first day I did - we have had our ups and downs but now I accept him for him! That's life... and its good therefore you must all do the same.. no one should leave the series, all boats should be scrutineered by the same person ask Glen Baker hes a good guy and neutral... when all are checked and maybe dyno'd then cut the crap and race. Do not leave ones out! are you Men or Mice actually more like sheep that follow the leader... follow your hearts instead you bunch of fools and prove to the rest of us who do believe in you all - that you want a series and want to race!

Fact and it hurts at the moment, no one takes you serious.... this is no foundation to build on! Show unity please..

Maybe V24 could do some Demo short circuit races at some of the venues that the round britain stops at... gives you all exposure! ask Mike he might like the idea!!

CFUN... Iron lady!! Cor wish I was - more like Mercury, seem to be able to help others or try, but shit at sorting my own crap out!! not much iron in me just a big mouth that loves the sport and fed up with listening to egos and experts... and people who actually think they are something!! Bull Shit!!

Come on guys we all pulled together and changed the Round Britain thread, can we try with a Christmas spirit and convience V24 to turn the corner and start again in 2008 or are they all a bunch of washer women that are to scared to race properly and just want to fight off the water
Old 30-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #52
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
i was married to Mark over 26 years I have known him he has not changed nor will, but still love him as much as the first day I did - we have had our ups and downs but now I accept him for him!
VERY IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: This is a different MARK!!!

Quote:
or are they all a bunch of washer women that are to scared to race properly and just want to fight off the water
As the only person who actually raced a legal V24 in the 2006 series, and did not once protest any other boat, and won over 75% of the races, I think I clearly fought on the water. But when ORDA ban me from a National event because I complained that Cliff Smith tampered with my boat, and now the rumoured 2008 'private series' will exclude me I do feel that fighting 'off the water' has some merit - it seems to work for the others.

What is obvious at this time is that the 2008 Cliff Smith V24 series will be a competition to determine who is the second best V24.
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #53
Fiona Pascoe

MARC STOP NOW!!!!!

Did you not understand anything I wrote... this aggressive talk is not productive nor helps to forward the sport of V24! I dont want to fight you or others just trying to get you to stop this very destructive patter!!

As for Mark P there is and will be only one like him... actually one who had the passion and love for V24's far more than most, one that wanted to see the sport forward. This was never our dream when we put the V24 series forward as a proposition to Charles Gardner many moons ago....

FORGET THE PAST NOW MOVE FORWARD THINK OF IT AS A BUSINESS... would you act like this... ?

IT NEVER WORKED IN 2007 SO TRY WORKING TOGETHER IN 2008 AND IT WILL!!

Make a New Years resolution to let go of your grudges and open your arms to new ideas and help to make your dream of a new series with all boats participating in it.

There are people out there I know as I have had personal emails today from them, that want to see V24 go forward but are to nervous that others will knock them down and start abusing them on this thread! Guys come forward and show Marc and the others who are negative for joining together that there is enough of you and followers who think their way is wrong and growth can only work with a good healthy community where all can race.

Leave the technical stuff to the RYA... get all boats checked out and start on a level playing ground...

NO MORE MARC YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELF SOUND BITTER AND TWISTED AND I KNOW YOU ARE NOT... YOU LOVE RACING AND WANT GROWTH SO FORGET WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FORWARD!!
Old 30-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #54
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Leave the technical stuff to the RYA... get all boats checked out and start on a level playing ground...
I know for a fact that the only boat to have been checked by the RYA ( twice ) was mine.

Quote:
NO MORE MARC YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELF SOUND BITTER AND TWISTED AND I KNOW YOU ARE NOT... YOU LOVE RACING AND WANT GROWTH SO FORGET WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FORWARD!!
What you do not understand, or are incapable of understanding, is that a privately run race series will be run to the rule of the organiser of that event. Any series to be a successfull series needs to have the agreed rules enforced, not changed as and when it suits, or let boats that are running illegally continue to run because the sport needs numbers.

I will simply not be shouted down by you or anyone else.

I have a legal boat, and I want to race other legal boats.

I intend to run my v24 in the National series, if there are three other boats who will join the nationals.

I am also trying to arrange a European Series for 2008.

The big issue is that SIX boats are parked in Charles Gardiners house and will not do anything.
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #55

Boat name: On The Rocks
Boat make: Ring 21 marshan 17 four winns horizon, hydro 3 pointer, f2 cat, backdraft 22
Cruising area: Way up norf and Sarf coast areas

As a spectator both at races and here on BM, Tricky does get kicked in teeth looks like he is getting a bit of a raw deal here with everything thats happening next year with the V24s.
As we recall last year it was Tricky promoting powerboat racing setting up a Basic in November, ok the weather was against him there but he did try.
v24s i think we all agree go and sound brilliant, but i dont think its been Trickys fault thats its disappearing, unless there is something we are missing.

gaZ
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #56
Fiona Pascoe

I feel so sad that you have no concept of what I am saying Marc.. ring me and I will discuss this with you an open forum is not the place but I presume you are writing this tongue in cheek... you made me laugh I bow down to you if you believe you understand event organisation, community struction, racing and the RYA more than me... you must be one of those experts that I have been looking for....

You stated....

What you do not understand, or are incapable of understanding, is that a privately run race series will be run to the rule of the organiser of that event. Any series to be a successfull series needs to have the agreed rules enforced, not changed as and when it suits, or let boats that are running illegally continue to run because the sport needs numbers.

'Incapable of understanding' you must be on the same bottle of wine JF was on when he kindly explained to me what the bow of a boat was!

Facts:
Keep to sheep and Sea-horses and computers, let me keep to what I know 'Racing and event organisation' would you like my CV in case you didn't know what I have done or been involved with... and actually will never be an expert as every day that goes past I learn something new!

1. Drivers should race, organisers should be constructive and put on the events... mixing this does not work as other racers will always believe that the race is a set-up. Peter Dredge and John P have always had this problem
2. Rules for V24 are meant to be via the UIM and the drivers should discuss at AGM's and agree with organisers what should be put forward - Drivers will not always agree. Similar to P1
3. If a boat doesn't fit but has raced it can be 'Grandfathered' if it can be changed then it should be... there is only one winner you cant all be but the experience of racing with many boats is far better for racers and spectators... more boats the merry when you are trying to get it off the ground!! three boats is shit and not a show...
4. As for you running a European championship... dont race then become an organiser and do a few more races before taking that on.. its not as easy as you think it is!!
5. If your boat has been checked good now the others need too to see how far off you all are.
6. As for Charles having six boats, well thats down to him as he has put a lot of investment without reward hopefully if you all work together you will get you potential racers who can buy the boats from him!

Mark dont get silly with this thread drop your attitude... you want me to put my boxing gloves back on I will but what will it prove or gain F*** all! Ring me and we can discuss it!

There is always another way. if you are a racing then more competion is better!
Old 30-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #57
Fiona Pascoe

Gazza... Please dont think I am having a go at Marc and dont like him... I was the first one who met him at the London boatshow, I like him and understand what he is saying but the past has gone and cant change it! now the sport must move forward and so V24.... being negative and shitty on this thread is just not productive.
Old 30-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #58
Fiona Pascoe

P.S Marc I am not trying to shout you down if I was you would see my posts far stronger and abusive I have a good set of lungs

I respect all views and understand what you are saying but if your way isn't working and I can see you all hitting your heads against a brick wall I am politely trying to show you away around the brick wall and move forward. Sorry you think I am trying to shout you down I just dont see what you are trying to prove?

Good luck V24 and hope to see a community of racers and followers in 2008. I will personally come and see you race and enjoy the pleasure of watching these boats compete, but anything less than 8 is boring and not inspirational.

Come on boatmad members give these guys your support...
Old 30-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #59
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
...follow your hearts....

fwiw best read in ages

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #60
Fiona Pascoe

Thanks Bluefin will try to stop the 'Mills and Boom' and make it more sultry next time... oh one day I would love to write a book on my life and boats.... would make you far better than Eastenders!!

Anyway I have to thank you all for these personal emails and a few of your comment I have to put on here so we can understand where all are coming from.

This information that I am writing about now came from a fellow BM member... who actually obseved this.

Marc I must apologize to you for the bad behaviour of some racers at Torquay - who ever you were you will know and hope you are discussed with your child-like attitude if my kids did this they would be severally reprimanded!

Can you remember when marc went to fill his boat up with petrol at Torquay and on his return struggled to get it back into the space - people watched and did not help? If you watched this happen and didn't try to help - shame on you!!

Incidents like this must stop if you want to be a V24 community - you must put your hand out to Marc in the same manner him to you... this stuff is not rocket science. Example at the begining of the season we (ThunderCat's) all go for a fun weekend away, 2008 we're off to Hayle in cornwall a touch of surf then a real party bash in St Ives on the Saturday night this is team building, fun, we welcome everyone who wants to join us (you're all welcome even those who dont want to go on boats) just want to feel part of something that is good!! Please listen guys... ignoring someone is as bad as slagging them off - best say it to their face clear the air then shake hands and party!!

Sorry again Marc that was wrong and lets hope whoever is in distress or needs a hand in the Pits are helped by all what ever class you are in!!