100 mph

Cyco said:
Are they any good.
what sort of speed is it really capable of as it is.

What money is it worth!

From memory Martin raced F3 and F2 with his, hard to say how good it was as with Ski Racing the boat is only as good as the Skier.

Give Martin a call he will tell you what its like and if it was his old one.

cyco i got the old style deck,clive still has the molds and will make one if you ask.

And the new deck looks really nice.

k9 gotta disagree i wouldn't buy one with new deck.

K9 racing said:
And the new deck looks really nice.

I take it you being sarcastic

The new deck looks like it was made on Blue Peter from a Kellogg's Corn flakes box.

Roofer you have good taste running with the proper deck!!!

Cyco

heres a pic of the new deck.....

Attachments

• paul 121.jpg
    paul 121.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 298
The general concensus of people 'in the know', is that the new deck has insufficient upstand above the rubrail, and is generally too flat to impart any natural strength with it's shape.

i think thats a bit unfair saying it looks like something from blue peter. i would by one if i had a bit of money.

and its pig ugly!

i think its better looking than the old one or maybe its just me.

K9 I think your right it was a bit unfair to say that Blue Peter made it......I'm sorry about that!

Wouldn't want the BBC chasing me for slander, not even Blue Peter can make **** that bad.

i think if clive went back to the old deck he would sell a lot more boats,everybody up north ive spoken to dislikes the new style deck.

i'm not gonna win this arguement am i.

no!

never mind it was worth a try.

Yeah, joking appart, the new deck aint to everyones taste, but I'm sure as roofer says, Clive will make what ever you want, so nothing's been lost, whatever your preference.

I suppose he had to make a new version, to distinguish between a 'Baker' 18, and a phantom-uk 18, kinda drawing a line under the last builder, and moving on.

Its a shame he didnt just smooth in the screen and maybe round of a few of the square edges like steve did with the P21. That would have looked well nice :)

Yeah, the face lift the P21 got was lovely! really subtle, but looked cool.

I'd like to do a similar facelift to the 28

Jonny said:
The general concensus of people 'in the know', is that the new deck has insufficient upstand above the rubrail, and is generally too flat to impart any natural strength with it's shape.

And these "people in the know" are?
Why do you need upstand above the rubrail?
How much more curved are the panels on your boat?

Back