The Cowes Powerboat Festival 2009

fantastic event thanks to those who organised it etc really top weekend cant wait until next year !those pics are fantastic still dont show how big it was by the needles there were some big waves there not really cat weather !

Chris your boat looks fantastic, looks the part on the road too as i was following you coming to drivers on Friday morning before you made the the detour.:hugegrin:

gaZ

fantastic event thanks to those who organised it etc really top weekend cant wait until next year !those pics are fantastic still dont show how big it was by the needles there were some big waves there not really cat weather !

Brilliant ! The start run lead all of us into a sense of security ....... and then the rollers came in!

Great weekend....... more?

The Conditions

What I was surprised at, was that whilst expecting the worst to be Lyme Bay, in actual fact, the leg from Bridge to Portland was definitely larger than that after Portland Bill.

Lyme bay was smaller and pretty predictable.

By the time we were passing Portland on the way back (at 25mph) the following sea was quite large at times, and we didn't have the speed to bridge anything, so we got pretty wet a couple of times. Again, from Portland Bill to Anvil was I think the worst part.

I / We haven't been so frustrated in a long while. feckin electronics! We've been asking for rough water for a year or more, and when we get it......perfik!!

I've been trying to get a handle on how long we were stopped for at Sconce. We watched the first of the CPC race fleet (2nd start) pass us before we got going again, so reckon it must have been 15-20 mins. When the port motor finally restarted we pushed on directly to Portland, and about 10 miles off the Bill we saw roosters/boats north of us heading south west toward the Bill, who'd presumably taken the Flying Fish prefered route close to the shore, we made portland a few miles before them, so the direct route paid off for us, making up at least some of our lost time. Shame it was all in vain.

High flying JF

Just one of the pics showing JF having a roller-coaster ride to Torquay.

Attachments

• 44 action web 01.jpg
    44 action web 01.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 265
That's a great pic Chris! Can I purchase the full version? (and any other goodn's you have)

BTW, I blame you for our failure! You put the pressure on!! :seaman:

drivers dry berthing

this is off portland,

Attachments

• IMG_1085_(61_of_118).jpg
    IMG_1085_(61_of_118).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 301
drivers

and so is this

Attachments

• IMG_1084_(60_of_118).jpg
    IMG_1084_(60_of_118).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 267
Then back down to earth..............with a bump. Jon,its true I did say that I expected great things. I thought after your stunning performance on the RB08 into Plymouth and with the new chips fitted I thought you were 'a sure thing'. Just shows that there aint no thing as sure thing. Let me have your email the high res is on it's way to you with my comp.

Attachments

• 44 action web 04.jpg
    44 action web 04.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 249
oooooow I bet that made your ears ring JF,

Great pictures of a fantastic looking boat, do you still suffer from Phantom botty after a rough race the same as us lesser men in our P20,S

Look forward to more pics of the boat-what speeds are you getting with both motors running!!!!

Steve

Jon, its true I did say that I expected great things. I thought after your stunning performance on the RB08 into Plymouth and with the new chips fitted I thought you were 'a sure thing'. Just shows that there aint no thing as sure thing.

Well, there aint no one more dissapointed with our performance than us!

Next time eh.

Jon@boatmad.com is as good as any, thank you.

do you still suffer from Phantom botty after a rough race the same as us lesser men in our P20,s

Steve

Well, I'm sure we would, but the suspension seats definitely save my old bones a bit. still a bit achey today mind.

Lesser men, no, it takes a tough & brave geezer to run a smaller boat hard, ..respect. It's actually rather easy in the 32 to be honest. I was saying to Nick on the way out to Portland, 'ya know, this thing makes real easy work of it don't it'.

It flies very straight & level once you get set up for the sea state so it's just a question of enjoying the ride. Good old SB did a good idiot proof design there. You never feel it's going to spring any surprises on you.

Well, I'm sure we would, but the suspension seats definitely save my old bones a bit. still a bit achey today mind.

Hopefully my Cougar is going to ride softer than my Phantom so I wont have to go to the expense of seats like you have.

Seeing the height you managed to get I thought you might be chasing Red Bull for some sponsorship!!

think it is at taunton now

Back