Training Day - 2nd August 2008
I have made arrangements with Gill from Drivers Dry Berthing, and she has agreed to let us use Drivers as a base for the training day.
We have chosen 2nd August - 1 week prior to pokerrun, 3 weeks prior to CTC.
This day is open to everyone who wants a bit of help/advice on the technicalities surrounding a RYA race event. No help with the driving, not qualified to offer assistance there, but as a guide to the red tape and sillyness of the RYA - I can help.
The day will consist of:
1) reading and getting the actual information you need hidden in the thing called race instructions.
2) understanding what is going on in a drivers briefing, and what you need to know from it.
3) how to understand the course you are given in the race instructions, and basic help on plotting this into a usable format, including GPS assistance.
4) assistance with kit and boat preperation, including an actual scrutineering of your boat and kit
5) explanation of the race format on the water, what the order of things are and what to do when.
6) an actual muster and start - so your first time will not be your first time.
1) Discounted launching fee from drivers wharf for launching your boat for the muster.
2) Lunch - bring your own or buy close by.
3) Information and course - free.
Please book your place by contacting Gill at Drivers Dry Berthing, or myself.
We will limit places to 10 people & 5 boats whichever we hit first.