Boatmad.com

Old 29-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #21

Boat make: ring 20
Engines: 200hp suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by still no worries View Post
All the people posting may have done 60+ races in multiple classes all over the world, how do you know ?????
cos he knows the flute that put it up!

conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barwar View Post
Just back from Infirmary after giving myself oxygen...
Some of these people crack me up! Never raced a boat in their lives, never saw nevermind read a rule book in their lives, never seen a race in the flesh, never took their own cat out in anything more than a F2, but know it all from lookin at pictures on Facebook, and quoting a single line from a rule book, that obviously someone must have sent to them in a message on Facebook!
Sthop, i'm still rolling around laughing!

this is aimed at me i presume mr ward?
like you i have never raced in a powerboat thats why i asked peoples opinions on here. people who's opinion counts. the issue arose as blimp said and i'm trying to understand why the reasons behind the blue boat being DQ'd (disqualified). i have a hard copy of the 2012 UIM reg's here perhaps you would like to borrow it next time you're home?
please stop making assumptions on my boating experience based on heresay and idle gossip

serious3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
cos he knows the flute that put it up!
Old 29-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #24

Interests: Heavy Heavy Metal
Boat name: Slayer II, Slayer, Pen15
Boat make: Phantom 19G-R, Bernico F2 Extreme, Ring 15
Engines: Evinrude 115HO, Yam 90
Cruising area: Channel Islands

What rulebook was this being raced under?
Paul E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #25

i presume 2012 UIM circuit rules paul.
Old 29-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #26

Boat make: Cougar 27
Engines: Mercury Promax 300X

Quote:
All the people posting may have done 60+ races in multiple classes all over the world, how do you know ?????
No disrespect intended to those people who know what they're talking about.
But unfortunately, i do know some of these people...

Serious 3, you can hold onto your rule book thanks. And yes you do have a good point there, I, like you, do not race, and probably never will race.
So therefore I have absolutely no need for a rule book. I would much prefer to spend my time in the boat, rather than reading about it, or looking at pictures...

Time for some 75mph cruising I think.
Barwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #27

once again you're making presumptions on my boating experience and the possibility of me racing based on heresay and idle gossip.

i simply asked the question because i want to gain an understanding of racing to the rules thats all. can we please get back to the topic instead of making it personal shall we.
Old 29-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #28

Interests: racing(middle east class 3 6l)
Boat name: still no worries
Boat make: phantom18
Engines: 2.5 efi
Cruising area: salcombe

Unless you had multiple camera angles either boat could argue the rules, there should be a rule saying any contact at all both boats get DQ ed, I bet you would see a lot less crashes, no one wants to be DQ ed.
still no worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Unless you had multiple camera angles either boat could argue the rules, there should be a rule saying any contact at all both boats get DQ ed, I bet you would see a lot less crashes, no one wants to be DQ ed.
couldn't agree more!
Old 29-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #30

Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Quote:
In Offshore classes any contact results in both being dq'd. Apparently that does not apply to Thundercats !! Under the written RYA Thundercat rules it is the black boat in the wrong !!
It would be good to see how far the blue boat was actually off the mark but impossible to tell from this camera angle.
Old 29-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #31

I wondered how long it would be before you comented
Old 29-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #32

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

the pace the black boat had is clear to see that the overtake was alread in place as it pretty much happend at the bouy. i dont think you need any more angles.

imho.
Old 29-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #33

The blue boats only going to say I started to turn and didn't see him. (Sorry)
The black boat had the over lap but it didn't do him much good did it !
I've been in this exact situation my self ( me being the black boat and the blue boat cutting in on me, we hit him and bounced left around the bouy, it worked out well for us we won,) he said sorry for cutting in on us he didn't see us.
Old 29-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #34

yeah i can understand where yoi are coming from as i have had the same but unfortunately its incidents like this that can have dire consequences.

What this does show to me though is a start run thats too short to spread boats out and going into a too tight turn. again just mho.
Old 30-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #35

i would like to add though i have no experience in this type of racing but can see the situation that happens in other classes. i do understand that this is how these classes do it.
Old 30-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #36

I agree long runs to the first turn and slow or standing starts would spread the boats more
Old 30-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #37

While I don't want to comment any more on the specifics of this item (for the reason previously given) I do think it's appropriate to give a quick wider context to this, since it might appear - to someone looking in - that things are riddled with animosity and/or bickering.

The reality couldn't actually be further from the truth.

After a very promising start in June of 2008 (60,000+ spectators over one weekend) this class of racing in Ireland was sadly allowed to decline over the following years, resulting in no races at all in 2011 ....despite a clear appetite from crews. Late last year these crews formed a Class Association (CA) and sought to have it recognised as the body responsible for the promotion, development and delivery of class racing - under our national authority, the Irish Sailing Association (ISA)

Our national authority subsequently affiliated the CA and this year was the first one where it pretty much ran its own season (with the helping hand of our NA - the ISA - where appropriate).

In our first year we've managed to increase our racing fleet to eight boats (twice the previous average), with over one-third of crews being female; run a strong 5-race championship to over 56,000 spectators; and end the season with both positive numbers in the CA's bank account and a strong demand from would-be racers to join the racing for next season.

This has been a wonderful year for all of us, and everyone works hard together to make it happen.

I'd therefore hate to think that any of the previous comments gave a wrong impression that we're anything other than a group of very good friends enjoying fabulous racing (....and partying ..which I think went on until 0700 this morning!)
blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #38

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimp View Post
While I don't want to comment any more on the specifics of this item (for the reason previously given) I do think it's appropriate to give a quick wider context to this, since it might appear - to someone looking in - that things are riddled with animosity and/or bickering.

The reality couldn't actually be further from the truth.

After a very promising start in June of 2008 (60,000+ spectators over one weekend) this class of racing in Ireland was sadly allowed to decline over the following years, resulting in no races at all in 2011 ....despite a clear appetite from crews. Late last year these crews formed a Class Association (CA) and sought to have it recognised as the body responsible for the promotion, development and delivery of class racing - under our national authority, the Irish Sailing Association (ISA)

Our national authority subsequently affiliated the CA and this year was the first one where it pretty much ran its own season (with the helping hand of our NA - the ISA - where appropriate).

In our first year we've managed to increase our racing fleet to eight boats (twice the previous average), with over one-third of crews being female; run a strong 5-race championship to over 56,000 spectators; and end the season with both positive numbers in the CA's bank account and a strong demand from would-be racers to join the racing for next season.

This has been a wonderful year for all of us, and everyone works hard together to make it happen.

I'd therefore hate to think that any of the previous comments gave a wrong impression that we're anything other than a group of very good friends enjoying fabulous racing (....and partying ..which I think went on until 0700 this morning!)
Good Work!

Please carry your enthusiasm, partying into any other projects you may be involved with.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #39
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Smile

Gentlemen please... As the UIM delegate of P750 and one that knows the rules very well. Please can we allow the correct channel / National Authority and action to take place rather than this unproductive tittle tattle... P750 runs under circuit rules thus don't confuse with offshore. We would hate for you to be seen to bring the sport into disrepute wouldn't we and as I know you all love the sport so much especially those who may hold official roles, it would not be seen in good light would it. Looking forward to reading exciting and constructive views on the forth coming season. Best regards Fiona Pascoe.
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #40

i honestly didnt know you ran to cicuit rules!! that would explain why it may not seem to translate to people used to offshore.

have no knowledge of this so will not comment on it. i purely saw it from an offshore and colregs perspective..