Boatmad.com

Old 13-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #21

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Thanks for the covering fire Jon. I was about to snap back a caustic reply to Gary but am pleased that I didn't now.
If there is one thing in life I have learned it is NEVER argue with a women, you just can't win! If that is sexiest then in the words of Rett Butler, "Frankly Mam, I don't give a damn".
ML.

Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #22

Interests: boats
Boat make: new boat on way
Cruising area: uk

JF

Thank you for your offer to set up a user name for me but it will not be needed.

I have tried my best to be as polite as possible and have never had a go at anyone on here. As a sport we do not need to have gos at people it is difficult enough as it is, so your comments were as far as i am personally concerned out of order.

At no time was i having a dig at the round Britain organisers who i think have undertaken a very hard task and as i have said before i wish them well. All i was saying was that if they have filled their list for boats then those people who are still thinking of entering need to be aware of it!!! So please stop having a dig at the fact that as organisers we have not got a clue. Yes it may be that there will be some people who through no fault of their own can not enter leaving others to fill their places, but as always JF to choose to take offence at such comments.

Finally i really do not care what you think of me as a person and so your comment about enjoying the thril of organising is well out of order it is fliping hard work. So cut me a break and pick on someone else so i can try to do all i can to support all classes of Powerboat racing in this country along with other people who really do care about the sport. So keep your offer to set up a screen name as i really can see no point in bothering, as i am sick and tried of being the brunt of personal and unacceptable comments

Denise

flightracingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #23
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Whatever you say Denise.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to Burty
from outside looking in i'm well confused about the hotboat series. is it on isn't it on??? I have asked a few times about numbers simply to see wether it was worth sorting out going to watch but no one has ever said how many were entering or even intended to enter this to me seems wierd... I don't follow the round britain entries as i don't intend to enter but just from reading this site i knew that all the spaces had been filled and the reserve list was filling up too.
Can you not just give one simple answer and tell me how many boats have entered or are expected to enter the Burryport race, I don't want to know names or anything just approx numbers to see wether we as a family make the trip to watch.
Thanks

Rob
Burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #25

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

Thumbs up

I know that they have 60 entries for the RBR and a waiting list.......but has anyone actually paid the full entry? Because surely until that is paid, and like all events until you are fully paid the list is open.........................
Also, the biggest problem is going to be getting the finance to run the event...
From what I have seen and know; that all though ML is the face of the event and the man working 24/7, probably not getting half the support he needs and deserves, The man who can make this come to-gether is Tim Powell, who not only is he the best man in the world for the job, he is the greatest event/race organiser since probably "Red" Crise,but he is an honourable man and a gentleman..
What worries me is that like all events inc '84 the list is full but come the day 75% fall by the wayside................ Then the very few who actually do all the dedicated work of organising an event get slagged off, stabbed in the back and generally bad mouthed by the people they are trying to put the event on for in the first place........
I see also here that as per any event of calibre the miriad of has been hangers on who want to be seen as "important" and bum a free ride crawling slimely out the wood work, Come the time to actually do any hard work will only be seen to be propping up the nearest FREE bar and stuffing their faces on a junket!!!!!!!!!!!!
ML and TP don't need this bickering but need to get rid of dead wood and for all who LOVE this sport for what it is and not because we like to think we are BIG FISH in what in reality is a very tiny pond and start supporting.
So for once ladies and gentleman support is the word..
Think back to when UKOBA was great (They are coming back thanks to Clive C and Stevie) and remember what destroyed it.................bitching and poncing a free ride and try to lord it over every one.........................
Good luck, Mike and Tim
TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #26

Boat make: Avon
Engines: Yamaha
Cruising area: Irish Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightracingteam View Post
Hotboats no matter what happens will be running Pwllheli for you all,
Pwllheli will be busy then as Wakestock is also the same weekend.

Mind where you put your feet on Sunday morning as there's usually vomit and dead teenagers all over the footpaths.

If anyone needs info on boat parking or accomodation, send a pm.
grInch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #27

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Is it finished yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightracingteam View Post
Yes very similar it has a front and a back and everything!

Being serious it will be able to enter the Round Britain and P1

As the interest in Hotboats is seriously lacking i have to race somewhere

Actually to stop you guessing wrongly its a Ring 36 which before anyone asks will have twin Mercruiser power.

Oh and as i know you all so well i will answer the unspoken question yes there is a Ring 36 its a brand new boat being developed right now. Along with a new Ring 25 and a new Ring 30 if you want to know anymore just let me know it saves a lot of time in the end