Boatmad.com

Old 13-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #741

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

i take it that in the very unlikely event that the race did not go ahead,you would get your entry fee returned anyway

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #742
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post

So what hope is there if members on the commitee or organisation have not paid.
My understanding is that the people concerned are no longer on the committee.

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #743

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

POINT 1 I AM NOT SHOOTING THE MESSENGER.
What you have been told Cookee bears no resemblence to what Jp and his happy band of rimmers where up to at the launch, also EWH was going round stirring it then sent an e-mail to all and sundry which blatantly advocates the RYA taking over the event.
By being big flash gits and not worring about the 10% penalty for late payment is not doing anything OTHER THAN PUTTING THE EVENT in JEOPARDY....... How? By 25/30 boats not paying,ML can not calculate what is going on or what funds he has to run the event.
All the two faced non payers voted this payment procedure in at the meeting in september......................................... In other words they are not serious about running or the penny has dropped and they now realise they ain't man enough and all piss and no wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike ban the lot of them.
TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #744

Right…I’ve got a real problem with this whole feckin’ tale…. And that is I’m intrigued… but as I haven’t got a bleedin' clue as to who-is-who…I can’t keep up!
For fecks’ sake.. when you go to the Panto..ya get a nice glossy programme with the cast listed….along with a few details… so at least you know who to “Boo” and who to “Cheer”....
Can someone have the decency to list the cast and players for this little Panto…aliases and real names…., so us nosy, but ill-informed feckas can keep up with the plot?

Cheers, from the cheap seats..Jono
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #745
BananaShark Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB-C View Post
POINT 1 I AM NOT SHOOTING THE MESSENGER.
What you have been told Cookee bears no resemblence to what Jp and his happy band of rimmers where up to at the launch, also EWH was going round stirring it then sent an e-mail to all and sundry which blatantly advocates the RYA taking over the event.
By being big flash gits and not worring about the 10% penalty for late payment is not doing anything OTHER THAN PUTTING THE EVENT in JEOPARDY....... How? By 25/30 boats not paying,ML can not calculate what is going on or what funds he has to run the event.
All the two faced non payers voted this payment procedure in at the meeting in september......................................... In other words they are not serious about running or the penny has dropped and they now realise they ain't man enough and all piss and no wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike ban the lot of them.
No problem Tim - obviously there is more than one side to the story! I didn't get the email, so I don't know what it said. I appreciate what your are saying about the position it is putting Mike under - clearly not making his job any easier!

Jono - Mike or ML is Mike Lloyd the organiser of the event, JP is John Puddifoot who is head of the RYA's powerboat racing department. Flightracing team is Gary Manchester who is chairman of the ORC which is the Offshore Racing Committee, and is meeting this afternoon, and I'm sure this subject will come up! - hope that helps a bit?

Old 13-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Jono - Mike or ML is Mike Lloyd the organiser of the event, JP is John Puddifoot who is head of the RYA's powerboat racing department. Flightracing team is Gary Manchester who is chairman of the ORC which is the Offshore Racing Committee, and is meeting this afternoon, and I'm sure this subject will come up! - hope that helps a bit?

Ok. Cheers, Cookee... that's good for a starter but who are.."wonkey-eyed arsehole" ..and...“Band of Rimmers”…and I’m guessing they ain’t a load of self deluding Holograms...

What about a bit of history and plot..?
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #747
BananaShark Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Ok. Cheers, Cookee... that's good for a starter but who are.."wonkey-eyed arsehole" ..and...“Band of Rimmers”…and I’m guessing they ain’t a load of self deluding Holograms...

What about a bit of history and plot..?

I think I know, but it's not for me to guess - I'm sure Tim can fill in the rest of the blanks, he's a lot closer than me to all of this!

Old 13-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #748

You trying to get me into more trouble Cookee
Old 13-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #749
BananaShark Member

Quote:
You trying to get me into more trouble Cookee
I didn't start the name calling!

Old 13-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #750

PLEASE READ HOME PAGE OF ROUND BRITAIN
Old 13-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #751

Interests: Extreme Sports, Cars, Boats

Send a message via MSN to Rupert Munro
What it says:

To all competing Teams in The 2008 Round Britain Offshore Power Boat Race™

Despite the fact that the following went out to every competitor in the December Bulletin, we have been asked to post the following here to clarify certain points that appear to be misunderstood.

In the event of the death of a direct family member of a competitor resulting in the withdrawal of the boat from the RB08 Event the Cowes Organising Committee Ltd will refund the Entry Fee, or part thereof, at its discretion.

In the unlikely Event of the RB08 race being cancelled prior to the start at Portsmouth on 21st June 2008, a refund of the entrance fee will be made less your initial £500 Entry Fee/Deposit and a reasonable sum according to the expenses incurred by The Cowes Organising Committee Ltd in staging the Event up to the point of cancellation. A full statement of account will be provided to each competitor so that the amount of such refund can be verified.

We hope that the above fully clarifies the situation. Mike Lloyd 13th December 2007.
Rupert Munro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #752
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Munro View Post
Would there not be a legal standpoint on refusing to give licenses just due to taking part in another event?
The answer to this question that you almost asked is that the answer is not known.

I took some 'opinion' about 18 months ago, and came up with the following answers:

1) If you are not a member of an organisation, you are not obliged to follow the rules and regulations of the organiseation, provided that the organisations rules are not part of law. For example, the institute of shoemakers has a ruling that to be a member you must have served an apprenticeship for 1 year. If you want to make shoes, you do not have to be part of that institute, and can make and sell shoes to anyone. The other side is Gas Appliance instalation. If you want to install a gas appliance you *have* to belong to an organisation and obey their rules ( CORGI )

The Powerboat world does not have a legislated obligation to belong to the RYA, and as such you are not obliged to join them or to follow thir rules. You are however obliged to join them and follow their rules if you wish to race in an RYA race or a UIM race.

2) Taking part in a race not organised by the RYA, whilst you are not a member of the RYA, and not under an obligation to follow their rules is not illegal, and as you have not 'digned up' to follow the RYA rules whilst you are taking part in the race, you are not breaking a rule for which you can be punished. If you later take up an RYA licence you can not be punished for activities when you previously were not a member. This was ruled on in Rugby. Players who played rugby league were banned from playing rugby uniuon. This was deemed illegal in the European courts about 9 years ago. So if you joined up to an alternate organisation, and did the race, you were following the rules of this alternate organisation, you can not be punished by the RYA if you decided later to join the RYA.

3) For those existing members of the RYA or other UIM affiliated countries, you have an issue. If the RYA banns the event, and you take part, you are breaking the rules for the organisation you signed up for. And you can then be banned from the RYA for breaking the rules. Here opinion is divided. If you resigned from the RYA the day before the event, returning your licence, you would be free of the rules of the RYA, join the new association, and follow their rules. After the event, you leave the new association, and re-apply to the RYA for your licence. On legal technicalities the RYA can not refuse you a licence, as you broke no rules. They can rewrite the rules for 2008 to say you can not get a licence re-issued of you resign and hand in your licence, but as the rules stood in 2007 this would be a legal route. The RYA could make life impossible for you - loosing paperwork, checking measurement certificates and insisting on new medical - and of course - a new full fee for the year - no pro-rata fee but they would loose any fight to prevent you from rejioning, provided you left correctly and your paperwork for rejoining was 100%.
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #753

Interests: Racing
Boat name: Blaze
Boat make: Phantom Evolution / zap cat
Engines: 200 HO,

cookee what was the answer on the cheq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #754

Quote:
Right you horrible lot, this is probably going to get me banned from here (don't all clap to-gether) BUT, Can you not realise that by listening to title tattle and the back stabbers you have now put the RB08 in jeopardy?????????????
OR are you to stupid to realise this ??????????????
It seems that the "wonkey-eyed arse hole" who was shit stirring at the launch last week of RB08 and e-mail all and sundry when his tongue wasn't up puddifoot/manchester et alls arses has it appears put many if not all rib/scorpian owners( and yes even I know scorpions are ribs) actually from paying there next payment (due to-day) entry fees. Apparently our great and dillusional national authority manager has got them all to with hold there entry fees.............................................. ...................
For those who have paid or Royal Mail is a bit late with the christmas rush delayed the arrival of your payment/entry I sincerely and proffusely ( I know I spelt it wrong) appologise BUT to the rest of you ****'S can't you see you are being used as pawns to wrestle the RB08 away from ML and into the hands of the RYA??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
DO YOU WANT THE RACE TO GO AHEAD or NOT??????????????
Please,please back Mike LLoyd and ignore puddifoot/manchester and EWH.........
I am not an entrant but already been told I won't get a licence!!!
But I want this event to happen as is and not to quote one of the good guys on here
" BELIEVE THAT IF THEY WERE TO ORGANISING THIS EVENT (BEARING IN MIND,THEY HAVE HAD 23 YEARS TO DO ONE, BUT UNLIKE MIKE, THEY HAVEN'T) THE LIKELY COST TO THE COMPETITORS, AND SUBSEQUENT RED TAPE, RIDICULOUS RULES AND THEIR USUAL NONSENSE WOULD MAKE IT A NON STARTER BEFORE YOU COULD SAY "licence fee". I REALLY CAN'T THINK OF A QUICKER WAY TO KILL THIS RACE "STONE DEAD" THAN TO GIVE IT TO PUDDIFOOT AND HIS TEAM OF MONEY SPONGERS TO SUCK DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
So if you want this to happen put your money where you bloody great gobs are and cough up......NOW
What a lovely person you are Tim.

Your use of "wonkey-eyed arse hole" to describe a decent, honest, inteligent,
powerboat racer who has achieved more in offshore racing, than any of us could dream about. ...Just shows what a silly, little, insignificant faggot you really are. Still it explains your use of words such as "arse-hole & rimmers".

People's disabilities should not be a sourse of amusement. The same someones
sexuality/disability.
sadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #755

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

i do wish,like jono,people would actually use there names/say who they were. or have you got to be in a special club to work out who everyone is,mind you its very much like when you first start racing,feels like a private club,
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #756

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadman View Post
Just shows what a silly, little, insignificant faggot you really are.
Would of thought that type of expression should be solely reserved for government minister... and not fellow boaters even if you do see red
Old 14-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #757
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadman View Post
What a lovely person you are Tim.
People's disabilities should not be a sourse of amusement. The same someones
sexuality/disability.
Bugger there goes 3/4 of the Jokes I know

Disability explains it all now with the RYA didnt know they were fudge packers though

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #758

Matt's my name, Jono's his name, & Carl is your name.
Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
i do wish,like jono,people would actually use there names/say who they were. or have you got to be in a special club to work out who everyone is,mind you its very much like when you first start racing,feels like a private club,
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #759

Thank you SADMAN...............most kind
name says it all..
My race knowledge and results are minimal I know
Old 14-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #760

Interests: Thundercat Racing

do you bunch of experts every learn? if you all stopped acting like a bunch of morons... and put all your effort into helping Mike, then the event would be nothing less than a great success

I'm happy now I've started my own blog on thundercatracing where I can speak my mind and no one can disagree.... its sweet music and lush.... oh the price of being a dictator or actually just a person who loves the sport and cant cope listening to twats... sorry girls that's rude to our genitals - dick heads bantering.

STOP NOW you all will destroy the sport and the round Britain factually anything you lot talk about! because 95% of you are negative...
Oh and if none of you have the balls..
the wonky eyed what ever is Ed Williams-Hawkes - and that isn't a nice comment, but i'm sure Ed wont loose sleep over it.. tut tut
Tim is a guy who has raced for many years in Class 1 and is a bit of an old women but on the other hand both have knowledge and love for the sport, maybe they don't agree with others views but girls please put your claws away.. you'll be spitting next.

Sorry Fuller tried to keep off but I seem to get to many calls about this race that I couldn't resist... you need to start your own blog - its fab! sure i'll get shot for some of my comments but who the hell cares - after reading this stuff! Take Care John and merry Xmas to you both x

Gary Manachester is telling the truth! I've had it confirmed as well.... so put ya tails between ya legs.. be careful you might enjoy it though.

Oh yes, Dont knock sexuality differences - You never know who ya co-pilot is... there's more than you may think not batting completely in the right direction I can name over 20! but not on public forum! who the hell cares anyway... I remember in the past a married couple at races used to enjoy the night life more and we all knew about it and just used to laugh, who cared.. she would pick up an unsuspecting male and take him back to the boat whilst the husband hid in the wardrobe and watched... and it wasn't me! urh could I write a book on 'alternative racing' so lighten up and have a merry Xmas guys.... he's lovely!! my hero xx

Fiona P is offline   Reply With Quote