Boatmad.com

Old 15-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #781

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
I remember you Tim. C Fun he was the old version of Steve Curtis in his prime... used to be paid by the Italians & Co to race... and won many in Worlds, Europeans and Nationals... Cor that makes me feel older than old!! His credentials are good...
Wow your not wrong Fiona that's a fair few years racing boats with great achievements, I only remember a diesel engined Babycresci cat in the later 80's great looking boat, I also remember watching a cat with Achilli motors named on it again diesel I think, used to enjoy watching these boats in the Camden trophy, Needles trophy , CTC , and Gurnsey, were they not engined with 750hp Isotta's did perhaps around 105mphish ...I think a Tim maybe not the correct Tim was a member of the Follet cars crew with Richard Lawson, anyhow I'm sure you have a few great story's to tell

In those days Gordon Mcmath used to spend the whole event clicking away with his camera

Old 15-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #782

Interests: Boats/Cranes
Boat make: Revenger 29 RIB
Engines: Illmor V10/625hp.

Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon McMath
Do you remember us nearly getting run down by Molinari !! I still have the photos & you can read the writing on the guys crash helmets,they were that close.Fiona-it would appear you have brought some much needed sense to this forum,you have just gone up a big notch in my estimation,i sincerely hope that this train of thought continues & that everybody involved contributes more positive comments/thoughts/idea's & helps Mike to overcome the many challenges that must still lie ahead.

Gordon McMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #783
Ben

Interests: Quiet desperation
Boat name: A Little Noisy
Boat make: Excalibur 24
Engines: Express Racing 525
Cruising area: Mobjack Bay (where?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
.I think a Tim maybe not the correct Tim was a member of the Follet cars crew with Richard Lawson
Tim Hill I believe.
Old 15-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #784
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Garfish ya as amusing as ever... how you doing? coming to see us in 2008 I hope!! nice picture - better improvement from the original!!

Poor Danny, dont be horrible ..he's a cherub, well putting up living with the girls and I for over 2 years he must have the patience of a Saint even drag him to the O2 dome to see 'Take That' (Pic of Milly (the babe) and Danny prior to the show!! If you haven't been to O2 yet go - it's wonderful

Garfish..... you haven't put your name down to help? are you going to race instead??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 009.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	14683  
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #785

Yes I do Gordon and even now the bladder goes weak when I think about it, but hey they were great fun days if you are around we will have to catch up for a beer over Xmas

Guess it's the wrong Tim their was another 2 I recall Tim Mellory Platt (Not correct spelling)and Tim Cotton who I used to chat to sometimes but have not seen for a while
Old 15-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #786
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Yes. We need some serious positive action / talk.
Mike has enough work getting this thing up to light-speed as it is, without the added aggro from many who wish to derail things. He has my complete support and I urge anyone who is as passionate about the race as I am to get behind him too. It WILL happen.. Ignor the wasters Mike.

BTW, FWIW, I only know two Boatmad posters who misspell 'Competitor' as 'Compeditor'!

And I don't think for one second that Marc Lamont is 'Sadman'.

JF

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #787

On a more positive note providing I have staff to cover I would most deff lend any help required, inc towing the RIB to venues for safety cover although I will have to fix the large gaping hole in the engine block
Old 15-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #788
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
BTW, FWIW, I only know two Boatmad posters who misspell 'Competitor' as 'Compeditor'!

And I don't think for one second that Marc Lamont is 'Sadman'.
Feck orf!
Spelling is for those who have weak minds and no imagination.
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #789
Fiona Pascoe

Are you MEN going to start this list of who wants to help... and add those pics... you now have the whole of my family even the lodger on this thread and still you are like mice??? I know most of you... so summary is you are bag of wind now popped.. How can we make this into a constructon Round Britain thread... who's got boats who can help with safety - paramedics - doctors - Marshals - Do any of you belong to clubs and associations at destinations they stop at that could help - RNLI crew that might have boats on route that can help in your area - do any of you have or know of helicopters - get cheap flights in UK - have mobile catering units - friends who might sponsor - forget what has happened in the past months lets start again with a fresh start - think guys what do you do or have friends that can help.. either speak to Mike or John Fuller and offer your help. Lets prove to Mike whether it goes ahead or not that we are behind him. As an example I cant do much as I have a mount of projects of my own for 2008 but I hope in my small way even just getting you guys to realise sticking together is more productive - is at least something and I have offered my help if he needs anything done. The ThunderCat community will help if needed... and at the end of the day if '08 fell there's always '09 but as long as we are behind him we can at least say we tried.. so wake up time is ticking away.. History is in the making jump on board! steer the path to success and the race takes place in '08!

Picture below is quite clearly the new generation of Mark and Fiona Pascoe same sense of humour but Milly & Sophie are definately the better half of the family!! they'll kill me for putting these up...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	14684  
Old 15-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #790
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by verytricky View Post
Feck orf!
Spelling is for those who have weak minds and no imagination.
Well that's definitely me to a 'T', but my spelling is shite too.

My comment was maybe a little too cryptic for you.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 15-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #791
Dan
On a roll

Interests: Bristol Rovers, Cider & Boats
Boat name: Aqua Thunder, Badboy
Boat make: Bernico F2, Phantom 21
Engines: Merc 280efi, Merc 260efi
Cruising area: Worldwide

[QUOTE=Fiona not P;122138]Are you MEN going to start this list of who wants to help

If I can do anything on the Plymouth stop I'm happy to help. Pugs will to (probably)!!! Anything I can do drop me a pm/email!
Old 15-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #792
Fiona Pascoe

Dan you are fantastic now John Fuller and Mike are you taking these names down and contacting them - you need to steer the group if you dont then they will feel unwanted and what's the F.... of standing up and be counted!!

Dan they will need safety boats and spotters to check the racers in that area... raceboats may break and need a tow in... many things so may I give you and the others who have already volenteered a big thank you - I'm sure on behalf of the people at the top!!

Keep going!!!! come on guys come out of ya closets and sign up!! now X factor is finished you can post ya offers to Mike and the team!

Its worth staying in on a Saturday night whilst everyone else is out(except for the lodger who's in his room - never ask what he's up too... but sure just about to post - i've shown him the pic of himself! ) to see the fantastic and positive attitude you have taken... brings a tear to my eye that you are as wonderful as I thought you were - come on Garfish we know you are the soppiest of the lot!!!!
Old 15-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #793
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
And one of them was totally disgusted with this so called powerboat web site. Pity, because he was a potential sponsor of powerboat racing too.
Old 15-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #794

hi there garfish. i maybe welsh and ginger and deffinately iam from the VALLYS but at the end of the day i have younth on my side.
the_welsh_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #795
numbskull

There's no doubt that many, many people will be needed around the country to help with marshaling etc. I feel though, that this will all come together as time goes on and the hype & interest reaches feverpitch. What I feel we really need RIGHT NOW, is for the racers themselves to get behind this, the rest will follow naturally. Without the commitment from the people who are entering (and paying into the pot), we will have a problem.

Fi, you're constantly talking about the membership here being of poor quality, and the need for a positive attitude, yet you mention the possibility of RB08 'failing' twice in one post! Lets not dwell on this, as it's not an option. RB08 'WILL' happen and those who choose not to take part, will be the losers.

So, any racer who's holding back the entry fee for any deliberate reason, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This event WILL be outstanding, and WILL be something all who participated in it can be proud of (including helpers, marshals, officials, concubines, dancing girls etc)
In years to come, you won't hear people talking about the odd basic, or national from '08, but you will hear people talking about the amazing Round Britain 2008 event, and how those who took a step back, wished they'd grabbed the opportunity to be part of it instead of procrastonating.

I urge anyone who has doubts to deal with those doubts privately, withdraw if you feel you have to, but don't try and rally round derailing the race, ruining it for the rest of us!
Let us get on with the job in hand. All this knocking from within is so fecking British!! ..makes me puke.

Even if we (Team Swipes) come 'bang last', I will personally be fecking proud to have just taken part in what is possibly one of the last great powerboat races in this country. (as opposed to 1 mile laps 'round the cans')

Jon Fuller

Old 16-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #796
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
come on Garfish we know you are the soppiest of the lot!!!!
I forgot to say, gArf is exempt.

Old 16-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #797
Fiona Pascoe

Sorry John you are right there were slight negative comments in my post - apologizes I suppose its my organisational side coming out that I look at all eventualities.

SO NOW YOU HAVE STATED THE FACT THAT IT IS GOING A HEAD AND HISTORY IS TO TAKE PLACE, WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE ENTRIES FLOW IN....

Pleased to see you have taken the bulls by the horn and steering the Boatmad mob as was needed - well done and good luck John!

Cheers

Fiona
Old 16-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #798
Dan
On a roll

Interests: Bristol Rovers, Cider & Boats
Boat name: Aqua Thunder, Badboy
Boat make: Bernico F2, Phantom 21
Engines: Merc 280efi, Merc 260efi
Cruising area: Worldwide

[QUOTE=Fiona not P;122145] Dan you are fantastic now John Fuller and Mike are you taking these names down and contacting them - you need to steer the group if you dont then they will feel unwanted and what's the F.... of standing up and be counted!!

Dan they will need safety boats and spotters to check the racers in that area... raceboats may break and need a tow in... many things so may I give you and the others who have already volenteered a big thank you - I'm sure on behalf of the people at the top!!

Well fwiw I pleased to say that I have been contacted by Mike and I am pleased to be able to help, as I cant race I just love to be invloved somehow and this seems like an ideal opportunnity, could be a once in a lifetime event!!
Thanks Mike and all.
Old 16-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #799

Boat name: rinng peas

Quote:
Team Swipes
ifn yew cum larst ther shud bee a leter R inn de middul
The gArfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #800
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by The gArfish View Post
ifn yew cum larst ther shud bee a leter R inn de middul