Boatmad.com

Old 14-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #761

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Matt's my name, Jono's his name, & Carl is your name.
Does that help?
i thought you were " lankie streek off piss" ...........bugger should of written lsop ...........anyway thats 3 of us only a few hundred to go

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #762

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

Sadman,
Concerning my comments regardin EWH they are because he spent the launch day of the RB08 lobying then sending e-mails to all and sundry "implying" Mike LLoyd was possibly not honest and that to quote "the RB08 was the biggest scam in offshore history" and that the race should be taken over by the RYA.
I do know that ML is passionate about this event and has taken nothing but snied back stabbing comments from far to many people and I am amazed he has not thrown his hands in the air and said **** (sorry JF) the lot of youand retired gracefully instead of what he is doing, which is trying and so far succeeding in put on what will be a great event.
He is a far better man than me 'cos personally I would ban half you lot who have nothing better to do than throw insults, and deride all he and his team is doing for Offshore FOR SO FAR ABSOLUTELY NO THANKS.
If and I say if EWH and co had been shit stirring I could not nor would I have had anything to bitch about (or is that a "faggot" statement.......)!!!!!

TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #763

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Fiona P.......Dam it's like the 80's all over again being ruled by the iron lady, but hey I've gotta admit that weren't so bad
Old 14-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #764

Boat name: rinng peas

tayken fromm de YRA website........

The Royal Yachting Association would wish to state that it fully supports the Round Britain Offshore Powerboat race and recognise it as an extremely important feature in the 2008 offshore calendar. The RYA are not mandated to run powerboat races, this is the function of the RYA affiliated racing clubs, and accordingly we would categorically confirm that under no circumstances will we attempt to take this event over or run a similar event at any time.

The RYA will continue to work with Mike Lloyd and assist wherever possible in the practical delivery of this exciting venture, we would however stress that The Cowes Organising Committee Ltd is the organizing body to whom all matters regarding the race should be addressed.

The RYA would also confirm that whilst they fully support this race they are not connected with the financial administration or management of the event, this is the sole responsibility of the Cowes Organising Committee Ltd.

John Puddifoot
RYA Powerboat Racing Manager

an wot hee ment too saiy.........

The Royul Yotting Assosiashun would wish to state that it duzunt reely support the Round Britain Offshore Powerboat race an lukin att itt wiv a wonnky iye, recognise it as an extremely important munny maykin feature in the 2008 offshore calendar ifn wee cann blagg itt orf dat bastud loydy. The RYA are not mandated to run powerboat races, this is the function of the RYA affiliated racing clubs, and accordingly we would categorically confirm that givven arf a chanse we will attempt to take this event over or run a similar event at the saim time.

The YRA will continue too fuk Mike Lloyd upp de arrse and innterfeer wherever possible in the practical delivery of this exciting venture, we would however stress that The Cowes Organising Committee Ltd is the organizing body to whom all matters regarding the race should be addressed.

The YRA would also confirm that whilst they fully support this race they are att de momint not connected with the financial administration or management of the event, sow ifn itt orl gows pare shayped this is the sole responsibility of the Cowes Organising Committee Ltd.

Joan Pudifutt
RYA Powerboat Racing Manager
Old 14-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #765

sad 4 right reasons

Fully agree Fiona....sorry for adding to rubish on this forum.
sadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #766
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I think it's time to set a rule.
If you wanna come on here and diss someone, hiding behind a daft name is not on, at least it isn't when it's a serious dig.

FWIW, I suspect sadman is Paul Howes. an apropriate username really.

Fiona,

A blog!! what on earth for?

Back on topic, this race WILL happen, with, or without the RYA, we'll be setting off as planned.

To quote the 'Red Mist' mob, competitors with genuine intensions of racing in the RB are just going to have to 'stick their dicks in the custard'.

Lets make it the race it deserves to be.

JF

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #767
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadman View Post
Just shows what a silly, little, insignificant faggot you really are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadman View Post
People's disabilities should not be a sourse of amusement. The same someones
sexuality/disability.
Old 14-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #768

Interests: Extreme Sports, Cars, Boats

Send a message via MSN to Rupert Munro
If you talk to the organisers then you find out how much they have achieved with very little money so far. They may not be the most forthwith with information but from those I have spoken to they have achieved a hell of a lot on the budget and still have money left over from the initial lot.

Obviously they need the money from those holding out and it may help allay fears if they said we have x and need x to cover everything required to run the race.

There will be detractors in any event like this but the magnitude of them here is unbelievable. If you have something to say (whether positive, negative, constructive or just a dig) have the decency to let those who the comment is aimed at know who you are.

I'm sure everyone wants to see this spectacle so why make it hard for the organisers? If you have something to say eg a concern then make it constructive or speak privately to the person concerned. Alternatively instead of bitching you could always (god forbid) offer to help!

From a spectators view this really is pathetic.
Rupert Munro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #769
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

keep going guys get with the positivity... I know you all have got it in you, as you are all nice guys with your hearts in the right places you just need to see you all have the same common goal and that is to see the Round Britain go ahead.

Mr Fuller why dont you get rid of this thread and start again with a positive statement that everyone can follow and ask Mike to give you a list of jobs that everyone in the community can channel their obvious energies into.

Lets forget the past and look forward to a bright future and anyone who is rude or negative should have their thread deleated, lets prove to people who read boatmad that we the UK are not idiots and can work for the greater of the sport... please consider this John x

P.S thank you so much C Fun - what a compliment but I can only look in admiration. In her prime she was amazing but unfortunately like many, power can go to their heads.... and I definately am not the leader more like Mother Earth - I look after my community and love the responsibility and have the most wonderful loyalty. Thats what happens with commitment and positivity

so I wish you all well and look forward to seeing you working together - Merry Christmas
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #770
Fiona Pascoe

lol now the gauntlet has been laid.... I have put name and a shitty photo... only one I got at moment but at least I have the balls to do it... now you merry bunch of MEN??????????? your turn! Let's see how many of you have the guts to stand by your convictions or do you have to hide behind your women.. lol

On a serious note and me not taking the piss, John is right - come on Garfish I know you have the balls so start it rolling!! man or mouse.

Now this is far more fun than slagging off! I should be paid to shut up forums everytime I get on here for the night you go quiet on me...

Kev get your photo where ya name is, you could put one of all your tatoos.... lol realised who you are now - should of guessed didn't at time of reply..

Nite nite boys... get ya mobile phones out and take a picture and add your name... Can we start a bet going on how many have the balls.... I dont think more than 3... this will be amusing.

Cheers

Fiona Pascoe
Organiser of Thundercat Racing
Team Manager of P1 team VoomVoom.com
Born into the sport, actually went to the Palace in Monaco with my Father on behalf of the London Monte Carlo race... bet you never did!! lol but true
over 25 years working in the sport
21 in Offshore and even now I learn new things every day and definately NOT an expert!
... anything else.... Oh and dont cross me I'm and ogre LOL
I have a lovely boss and X husband, 2 adorable kids, 1 lab that looks after us all and a ginger welsh lodger called Danny from the Valley.
Old 15-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #771

on a positive note!!

Taking out the personal swipes & irrelevances, it seems that all agree that RGB08 is a fantastic idea, objective and passion.

Hats off to ML and all those involved so far in trying to get this event to happen. Without their passion, time and dedication, "round Great Britain Race" would still be just a distant memory or a foot note in powerboating history. Thanks ML and all concerned.

It would seem that a lack of communication or bad communication by all parties has resulted in rumors, back sniping and a general miss-direction of peoples energies.

ML and other organisers should appreciate that it is now the compeditors who will be sponsoring the event. Any sponsor would want to know details of expenditure and its timing. All compeditors know that assurances and deposits must be placed for services that are vital for the event to go forward.

Therefore in the name of "good communication" is it not possible for a detailed buget showing payment deadline dates to be published. This would at least give all involved a chance to see what is involved in putting on such an event and how the money is to be spent.

On a helpful note:-Was setting up a Ltd Co the best way of doing this? Was legal and tax advice sought? a trust may have worked better.
Has anyone sought or enquired about grants, either sporting or lottery?
Has anyone contacted the "Discovery Channel" with reference to a reality/documentary/fly-on-the-wall type production? We all know they love lots of arguments/personality clashes in this type of production (eg American
Chopper, The Garage, Le Mans, Chop Shop etc), just from this forum it would seem right up their street.

I sincerely wish ML and all involved the very best, & pray that everyones efforts and passion conclude in a safe, historic event.

signed

SADMAN

if you don't succeed.

ps...good luck
sadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 01:35 AM   #772
Fiona Pascoe

Fantastic keep going guys POSITIVISM!! Now forget your personal differences for a while and lets keep this thread 'for the better of the sport' please dont ruin it with child-like attitudes... Sadman you are heading up the right path! next step is change names and add pics but Rome wasn't built in a day
Old 15-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #773

Fiona,
If I could find a camera that didn't breat when pointed at me I would happily post a pickie, not even Oh great one Jon F will take a pic of me, plus I sincerely believe that after 41 years in racing this lot have seen enough of moi's ugly mug
Old 15-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #774

Quote:
Has anyone contacted the "Discovery Channel" with reference to a reality/documentary/fly-on-the-wall type production? We all know they love lots of arguments/personality clashes in this type of production (eg American
Chopper, The Garage, Le Mans, Chop Shop etc), just from this forum it would seem right up their street.
]

May be you have found the answer to a sponser. With all the bickering going on, TV would jump at the chance of filming this. It makes wife swap, big brother etc. look like a kinder garden
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #775

I agree Fi we can now move on and be VERY positive about the RB08.
Because despite the "bickering" that has gone on we have achieved 2 extremely important facts which can only add to RB08 and secure the future of this amazing event.
1, That y exposing the back stabbing and whispering in corners ML and his team have formed a 3 signature account to secure the competitors entry fees, and proving that this is not nor was it ever to be the biggest fraud in Offshore history.
and
2, and this is HUGELY significant for Mike the race and Offshore as a hole and that is that finally JP and the RYA have at last put pen to paper and publicaly "for the first time ever" Backed the Round Britain Race 2008 and almost certainly made it a go and positevly a great step forward for Offshore not just in UK but Europe.
It's official NOW
Old 15-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #776
Fiona Pascoe

steer them now John... what a wonderful thing to wake up and see no back-stabbing - go guys - go guys!

Now next step... who with all this energy and free time would offer Mike their help.... Prior - At event - Post event. you will be part of history!! I just wanted to see how many of you are hotair or do want to see this happen. If expences are offered then that would be a bonus but dont count on it if money was short!!

Offshore has got very money orientated with volenteers... I was speaking to Susan who runs the CRC (Circuit Racing Committee) their officials get no expences what so ever - no fuel, no accommodation - nothing! they do it for the love of the sport. She even goes to the UIM GA off her own back - dedication

As for Officials, Marshalls, helpers - if their was enough at each destination then the travelling expences would be less, you might not need to do the whole race. So start a list on here then John being the Boatmad representative can ask Mike for a job list.. keep going guys.

Oh Mr Manning this is your forte you love a bit of rough... you know the coast.. and have a heart of gold!! put your name down, sure you already have but start this list afresh. P.S Your picture hasn't been posted yet.... man or mouse? I.ve got all excited now... love it when you see people coming together.... and no Im not a swinger!! just a workaholic
Old 15-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #777

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Tim what was the boat you first raced in? although that would of been before my time if you have been racing for 40+yrs ... but I have watched many races over the years I must of seen you race but which boats?
Old 15-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #778
Fiona Pascoe

I remember you Tim. C Fun he was the old version of Steve Curtis in his prime... used to be paid by the Italians & Co to race... and won many in Worlds, Europeans and Nationals... Cor that makes me feel older than old!! His credentials are good...
Old 15-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #779

Boat name: rinng peas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
and a ginger welsh lodger called Danny from the Valley.
jinjer an welch. fuk mee dats wot yew corl a dissadvantijed chyld

gaRf
The gArfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #780

Ta Fi,
I first started in '67 with Tornado as a navigator and raced thru to '97.
I am not into listing this that and the other, but memorable bits Babycresci in '87 Key West.5 brilliant years with Achilli but best '87 21 races entered and 17 wins including World Cup and 1st class 2 C/T/C finishing 14 seconds behind Rocky!