Boatmad.com

Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #401

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

The engine in the foreground was one of 6 we had from Zodo in Turino ALL with blown head gaskets and direct from re-build !!!!!!!!

https://www.englishgoldenretrievers.co.uk
TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #402

Interests: Offshore powerboats/Motor racing
Boat name: no
Boat make: no
Engines: no
Cruising area: no

Send a message via AIM to Black_Tornado Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Tornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB-C View Post
I thought Silvera was 72???
VB had 2 remember one for him and one Francesco.........first race I think was S Africa??
Will contact Bruno...
No Tim....Bruno has passed away some weeks ago.

Silvera won the Bahamas 500 in June 1971 with a yellow-white 36' Starduster.
VB and FC had two 32'Black Tornado in 1970, former The Cigarette of Aronow in 1969.
Then Cosentino went to Intermarine in 1971 for the cats and VB in 1971 drove a modified 32' shortened to 31' with a lighter deck on plywood and the new 36' after when the 31' broke the deck during the Viareggio-Bastia-Viareggio.
In 1972 VB brought in Europe a second 36' and left the first 36' in Usa. he drove in Europe also the old 32' while the 31' was left abandoned in the Tornado Racing Team in Florida.
In 1973 VB bought a 34' for the flat waters and drove also the second 36' in europe and the first one in Us races.
In 1974 VB sold the second 36' and held with him the first one 36' and modified the 34' as pleasure boat in Montecarlo.
After the VBV in 1975 VB sold the first 36' to De Angelis.

Black_Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #403

Historical Info

Bet your glad you`ve taken on Marco with the cigarette info Tim.When he`s in full flow ,lookout,it`s a hiding to nothing.Now what was this thread called,ah yes,re-launch of CTC race.You could virtually have a complete new section for historical facts save clogging the `muster area`,so us devotees can slug it out getting the facts straight.You only have to look at the `Offshore Only` website under the classic section to see the how it pans out.
As an aside I didn`t know Swipewipes transported an oversize crewman,or is that rubber suit holding it all in.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #404
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
As an aside I didn`t know Swipewipes transported an oversize crewman,or is that rubber suit holding it all in.
If the 'rubber suit' were intended, as you say, to hold it all in, it failed.

BTW, as I type, those first three historic vids are whirling up to the server, more to follow. ('69, '73, '74)

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #405

Interests: Offshore powerboats/Motor racing
Boat name: no
Boat make: no
Engines: no
Cruising area: no

Send a message via AIM to Black_Tornado Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Tornado
To tell it actuality when I begin I become as a hurricane.
I leave you to your comments on the reborn CTC.
I come back into the darkened room before Watson rages him with me for the delays on the list of that damned cats CUV.

Clouseau
Black_Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #406

was this thread not called called Re- Launch CTC

I love to here the old stories of CTC but i would like to look to the future.

Now that will upset the old G--s. T i have a dog tooooooo
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #407

T i have a dog tooooooo[/QUOTE]

That's no way to talk about your Hunton

Old 07-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB-C View Post
T i have a dog tooooooo
That's no way to talk about your Hunton [/QUOTE]

L........O.........L
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #409

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

I'm afraid I stated it all with the comparison between the 84' Cinzano and the 2008 RB re-born Cinzano, by trying to unearth facts between the 2 boats although 24 years set apart something I thought was natural to do just like one compares past RB or past CTC to the present ones and their are some excellent people on here like Tim, Flying Fish, Black Tornado with great memory's of the nostalgic heydays of racing ... but looking forward hopefully with all the enthusiasm around today just maybe new memory's and haydays will be forthcoming like the 08 RB and CTC ... dam that's my bit said!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
I'm afraid I stated it all with the comparison between the 84' Cinzano and the 2008 RB re-born Cinzano, by trying to unearth facts between the 2 boats although 24 years set apart something I thought was natural to do just like one compares past RB or past CTC to the present ones and their are some excellent people on here like Tim, Flying Fish, Black Tornado with great memory's of the nostalgic heydays of racing ... but looking forward hopefully with all the enthusiasm around today just maybe new memory's and haydays will be forthcoming like the 08 RB and CTC ... dam that's my bit said!
As i said i love the past. Put it on a new thread

In the last few weeks since CTC this year even me who nows nought have been contacted by 2 new guys wishing to do endurance racing and possible a third for next year .
Looking at this years fleet and combining P1 uk boats , RB8 and CTC it could look very bright for the future
Old 08-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #411

Stick to the thread

Your absolutely right `hunton 69`.It`s all to easy to drift off into past times.Snag is ,the future is full of historical boats,short of big money and yank boats to swell the entries lists,oh and yes ,not forgetting an army of ribs to also keep the numbers up.Nice to be put in the codger class these days,which I would think TBC falls into as well.Good innit!
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #412

which I would think TBC falls into as well.Good innit![/QUOTE]

Bloomin cheek

Old 08-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #413

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
As i said i love the past. Put it on a new thread

In the last few weeks since CTC this year even me who nows nought have been contacted by 2 new guys wishing to do endurance racing and possible a third for next year .
Looking at this years fleet and combining P1 uk boats , RB8 and CTC it could look very bright for the future
The emails and enquiries re next year is becoming startling. If everyone runs in the CTC in 09 who says they are going to run then we are going to have quite a fleet. I don't know what's lit their touch paper but something has!
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #414
Steve

Interests: Powerboat Enthusiast
Boat name: Orashi
Boat make: Shetland 21
Engines: 55
Cruising area: Solent

That's great news about next year, lets hope your still in contact with the P1 management, and keep that weekend free from their calandar, so we can see all see those British P1 boats( and there are a few now!) racing down to Torquay and back.
The Classic boat against the modern P1, mouthwatering!
woottonwillis153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #415
marketing guy

Engines: huge
Cruising area: bath

Send a message via ICQ to Jim O'Toole Send a message via Skype™ to Jim O'Toole
Quote:
Originally Posted by woottonwillis153 View Post
That's great news about next year, lets hope your still in contact with the P1 management, and keep that weekend free from their calandar, so we can see all see those British P1 boats( and there are a few now!) racing down to Torquay and back.
The Classic boat against the modern P1, mouthwatering!
as of today we 'll be racing that weekend in one of two potential venues......BUT will be firming up the 2009 calender jigsaw by the end of october for the UIM General Asembley and will keep this group advised, as i know a lot of our Brits will want to race again...

jim
Jim O'Toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #416
Steve

Interests: Powerboat Enthusiast
Boat name: Orashi
Boat make: Shetland 21
Engines: 55
Cruising area: Solent

So does that mean Jim (thanks for the response)that there is a likelyhood that P1 will be racing elsewhere that same weekend of the Cowes-Torquay.
That will be a shame, as I'm sure many/all of the Brit P1's love the tradition of this race and it would be a rench for them not being there.
You were responsive to the calls too leave a space for this years RB08,could that happen for Cowes 2009?
I'm just a enthusiast for whom watching racing for some 30 years has seen it fade slowly away from our shores, with the enthusiasum that is been talked about for 2009 Cowes race , and the chance to see the modern against the classic powerboat would be an event of great appeal not only too the spectators like myself but too sponsors im sure!!
woottonwillis153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #417

ML posted in wanted some time back for the CTC, he was after a prop for a Pro Vee boat, so as regards different classes racing against each other P1 V Classic, I was hopping a Pro Vee boat was going to challenging both of these, but as far as I am aware no Pro vee took part, I know the Buzzi made Fountain with a petrol engine is in storage as it has been mentioned on here before but as to where the Cougar of Miles Jennings is or whether the Buzzi Bullet P1 team still have their old Pro Vee who knows?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #418

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
ML posted in wanted some time back for the CTC, he was after a prop for a Pro Vee boat, so as regards different classes racing against each other P1 V Classic, I was hopping a Pro Vee boat was going to challenging both of these, but as far as I am aware no Pro vee took part, I know the Buzzi made Fountain with a petrol engine is in storage as it has been mentioned on here before but as to where the Cougar of Miles Jennings is or whether the Buzzi Bullet P1 team still have their old Pro Vee who knows?
There was going to be a Pro Vee boat racing (Howard Wreathams) at Cowes but as it hadn't been used for three years it was in a bit of a state. They managed to get the engine to turn but when testing they blew the gearbox three days before the race and that was it. There are, as far as I can tell, three or four Pro Vees in this country (no doubt I will be corrected) just sitting around doing nothing. It would be good if they could come out for Cowes 09. Very fast and loads of noise!
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
There was going to be a Pro Vee boat racing (Howard Wreathams) It would be good if they could come out for Cowes 09. Very fast and loads of noise!
What a pity it would of been really great to have had a Pro Vee boat mix it up with the other classes

And like many I am sure if you run the CTC again or are involved in any way we will stand a really great chance of having a few Pro Vee boats next year
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #420

Send a message via Skype™ to ciao!
Quote:
Originally Posted by woottonwillis153 View Post
So does that mean Jim (thanks for the response)that there is a likelyhood that P1 will be racing elsewhere that same weekend of the Cowes-Torquay.
That will be a shame, as I'm sure many/all of the Brit P1's love the tradition of this race and it would be a rench for them not being there.
You were responsive to the calls too leave a space for this years RB08,could that happen for Cowes 2009?
I'm just a enthusiast for whom watching racing for some 30 years has seen it fade slowly away from our shores, with the enthusiasum that is been talked about for 2009 Cowes race , and the chance to see the modern against the classic powerboat would be an event of great appeal not only too the spectators like myself but too sponsors im sure!!
P1 is a business.

Business has no respect for history or tradition.

ciao! is offline   Reply With Quote