Boatmad.com

Old 12-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #901

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
I hope it does but I wont hold my breath

Mike 6,000 hours over 2 years is a 62.5 hour week that's if you took 4 weeks holiday.
No comments please about the holidays
As usual you are talking out of your backside - nothing new there. On reflection I worked about a 15 hour day for 2.5 years with NO holidays and not many weekends free so maybe those hours quoted will be double!!!. Aidan will back that up 'cause he knows. So what do you do for the Powerboat world Barry?
ML.

Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #902

Whining since May 2008...

Mikko Oikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #903
topgun

Interests: Boats/bikes/Black label
Boat name: Flash Back/Avenger/Anchor Management
Boat make: Sunseeker San Remo/mini cougar/Cougar cat 25/Avenger 21
Engines: San Remo 2x Volvo 5.7 v8/mini cougar Yamaha 25/Cougar 2x twin spark Yam V6/Avenger has volvo 300v8
Cruising area: C.I.Waters

Quote:
That's like cancelling the le mans 24 and telling the teams to race around the indy circuit of Brands Hatch for an hour
Guernsey was the premier event for class 1 a number of years so I see no reason for you to diss it, we also have a thriving race scene with another two races scheduled for this weekend which seems more than you have - maybe it is because we have more pro active people that spend less time bitching like you do imho
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #904

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
Guernsey was the premier event for class 1 a number of years so I see no reason for you to diss it, we also have a thriving race scene with another two races scheduled for this weekend which seems more than you have - maybe it is because we have more pro active people that spend less time bitching like you do imho
That Raceboat International again

LINK
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lloyd View Post
As usual you are talking out of your backside - nothing new there. On reflection I worked about a 15 hour day for 2.5 years with NO holidays and not many weekends free so maybe those hours quoted will be double!!!. Aidan will back that up 'cause he knows. So what do you do for the Powerboat world Barry?
ML.
Spot on Mike: Nothing for power boating now.

By the way your maths is still shit that makes 13,687 hours that's if you include the weekends.

At least I was an entry in RB8 who did put his money where his keyboard is.

I spent 100 grand on a boat 30 grand on the race that was one third of my wealth at that time.

I think you guys have under estimated the guys with big pockets.

So you put 6.000 hours in of your time. Great pensioners need something to do. Why? You wanted the buzz.

Remember racers need organisers but organisers need racers more!
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Oikari View Post
Whining since May 2008...
If your refering to me I did not start whining untill 2010.

So how are supporting the UK power boat scene these days
Old 13-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #907

Quote:
Spot on Mike: Nothing for power boating now.

Remember racers need organisers but organisers need racers more!
O.K. You win, your last line is spot on! But I thought that I would let you in on my latest project whilst we are waiting to hear from Aidan.

I'm in the throws’ of finalising the next big adventure together with David Sewell of Powerboat International fame (at his suggestion and with his help I might add). It starts in 2017 and its Plymouth to Auckland and back. Stopover in Capetown for lunch each way. Boats must have two engines and be over 24'. Winner gets free snacks from Asda for a month and the event will be sponsored by the European Ginger Cat Society and will be officially announced at the 2016 Horse of the Year Show at Olympia. At that time it will be overseen by the new international powerboat racing authority based here in the U.K. – IPRAM – The International Powerboat Racing Association Motornautique, the UIM having been disbanded for – allegedly – having run out of money.
ML
Old 13-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #908

Interests: Playing with my ginger pussy.

As the President of the European Ginger Cat Society I would just like to add my thoughts to what is set to become the ‘Greatest Powerboat Race’ of the 21st Century. We fully support Mr Lloyd and Mr Sewell on their attempts to pull this off. Obviously plans are still very much in their infancy but just to let you know that we are not sure about the lunch time stop over, I think we would rather see the teams race their boat up the beach in Cape Town, run across the sand, pick up a broom, place their head on it and run around in circles. (We understand powerboat racers are very good at this). Then stagger back to their boat before continuing their way to the finish line in Auckland. As and when more fantastic plans are drawn up of course you will be the first to know.
CatNip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #909

Quote:
O.K. You win, your last line is spot on! But I thought that I would let you in on my latest project whilst we are waiting to hear from Aidan.

I'm in the throws’ of finalising the next big adventure together with David Sewell of Powerboat International fame (at his suggestion and with his help I might add). It starts in 2017 and its Plymouth to Auckland and back. Stopover in Capetown for lunch each way. Boats must have two engines and be over 24'. Winner gets free snacks from Asda for a month and the event will be sponsored by the European Ginger Cat Society and will be officially announced at the 2016 Horse of the Year Show at Olympia. At that time it will be overseen by the new international powerboat racing authority based here in the U.K. – IPRAM – The International Powerboat Racing Association Motornautique, the UIM having been disbanded for – allegedly – having run out of money.
ML
At last a proper organised race for racers.. I'm in Where do I send my 500 quid.

And my credit card details are 1234 5678 9123 4567 expire date 2011 security code is

hey and you thought I was stupid to give that out
Old 14-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #910

Quote:
At last a proper organised race for racers.. I'm in Where do I send my 500 quid.

And my credit card details are 1234 5678 9123 4567 expire date 2011 security code is

hey and you thought I was stupid to give that out
You will only be allowed to take part if you get that £100,000 heap of rotting rusting rubbish you call a RIB in your garden inflated and up and running again and doing at least one more race at Cowes - just to show us you are serious. You can keep your money by the way, the event is fully sponsored by you know who! "The Greatest Powerboat Race of the 21st Century", now where did I see that before.
ML.
Old 14-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #911

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

according to venture cup facebook the event is still on
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #912

Cruising area: southcoast

v/c

could anyone confirm the state of play ,is the race still going ahead and if so is it still as planned.thanks
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #913

We should be able to make a formal announcement very, very soon
blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #914

Cruising area: southcoast

v/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by blimp View Post
We should be able to make a formal announcement very, very soon
ok,thank you
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #915

Interests: Boats, skiing pets
Cruising area: wherever there is work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
could anyone confirm the state of play ,is the race still going ahead and if so is it still as planned.thanks
i think we all know the answer but are not allowed to say apparently!! Claire
Mrs Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #916

can you give hint ?
put it this way - should we visit London on the 7th for some sight seeing or not
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
can you give hint ?
put it this way - should we visit London on the 7th for some sight seeing or not
i really can't comment even thou i would love to as may get legal action thrown at me or even a nasty email!! sorry Claire
Old 15-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #918

Although no one else is asking the question, with only three weeks to go I for one would really love to know which boats are still intending to take part. I am sure you are aware Aidan that many of us would really be interested so I don't quite understand why we are not allowed to know. After all this is a race for "heroes" so let us know who these "heroes" are - please.

Especially if you are wanting us all to come to London to see them off. Not much point if we don't know who these "heroes" are.
ML.
Old 15-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #919

Quote:
Although no one else is asking the question, with only three weeks to go I for one would really love to know which boats are still intending to take part. I am sure you are aware Aidan that many of us would really be interested so I don't quite understand why we are not allowed to know. After all this is a race for "heroes" so let us know who these "heroes" are - please.

Especially if you are wanting us all to come to London to see them off. Not much point if we don't know who these "heroes" are.
ML.
I do think Mike it is not a "race" anymore that i can say i think without getting in trouble but then again i maybe wrong!
Old 15-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #920

You're all aware that the RYA were unable to approve the event. Most are also aware that we've been working hard in the background to try and find an alternative solution. This, we feel, we now have .....but it's a delicate process and all the good work being done by many right now can be very easily undone. Until we have that final piece of paper saying all is approved, we can't issue any official information. We know it's frustrating, but that's how it has to be right now.

The teams themselves have been informed of what's happening because they're critical to all of this, but on the basis that it has to be kept confidential right now.

blimp is offline   Reply With Quote